PDA

View Full Version : AUTOPSY Of The DEAD Documentary Update

DubiousComforts
31-Aug-2009, 07:44 PM
Here's a first look at the DVD cover for Autopsy of the Dead, the
new Night of the Living Dead documentary from director Jeff Carney.

http://www.autopsyofthedead.com/Autopsy-of-the-Dead-DVD-front-cover-web.jpg

All of the DVD specifications have also been confirmed:

144 Minutes / 4:3 / Color

Special Features
· Locations of the Dead: A visit to the original filming locations
· 1967 Behind-the-Scenes Newsreel
· Profile: Rick Catizone of The Animators
· Archive of the Dead: A gallery of authentic props & memorabilia
· Blooper Reel
· Original Theatrical Trailers, TV & Radio Spots
· Original Publicity Still Gallery

More news coming soon! Follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/LivingDeadDoc) for all the latest updates.

Andy
31-Aug-2009, 07:47 PM
Looking very nice.

Stuck.

MinionZombie
31-Aug-2009, 07:55 PM
When might we expect a DVD release, and if so, would it be a wide release/only on Region 1 for now/etc?

DubiousComforts
31-Aug-2009, 08:04 PM
When might we expect a DVD release, and if so, would it be a wide release/only on Region 1 for now/etc?

Release date is tentatively scheduled for September 22 as the disc is being manufactured now. The DVD will be All-Region, NTSC format. Pre-order will soon be available through Amazon.com and on AutopsyOfTheDead.com (http://www.AutopsyOfTheDead.com).

Thanks for the sticky, Andy. You the man! :D

axlish
31-Aug-2009, 11:38 PM
144 Minutes

Sha-wing!

gary
01-Sep-2009, 12:25 AM
Here's a first look at the DVD cover for Autopsy of the Dead, the
new Night of the Living Dead documentary from director Jeff Carney.

Special Features
· Blooper Reel

More news coming soon! Follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/LivingDeadDoc) for all the latest updates.

Really excited for the release...there needs to be a Pittsburgh premiere...Where in the world could that happen. ;)

MaximusIncredulous
01-Sep-2009, 05:23 AM
Don't normally look forward to anything in movies or TV these days but THIS I'm looking forward to seeing.

capncnut
01-Sep-2009, 07:11 AM

Special Features
· Blooper Reel
Digging the cover very much. Extras look tight too, can't wait to get my mitts on it. ;)

Neil
01-Sep-2009, 07:48 AM
Nice :)

capncnut
01-Sep-2009, 09:27 AM
It's going to be really interesting to see how the documentary flows. At 2 hours 24 minutes, Autopsy is a feast of a doc and, as the running time hints, I can only imagine it must've been a real pain in the ass to decide what stayed in and what got left out.

The props and memorabilia section interests me too.

DubiousComforts
01-Sep-2009, 08:36 PM
Really excited for the release...there needs to be a Pittsburgh premiere...Where in the world could that happen. ;)

The only place in the world where one can meet those smiling faces on the DVD cover will be at The Living Dead Festival (http://thelivingdeadfest.com) in Evans City this Halloween.

It's going to be just like Autopsy of the Dead -LIVE!

C5NOTLD
03-Sep-2009, 04:30 AM
It's going to be really interesting to see how the documentary flows. At 2 hours 24 minutes, Autopsy is a feast of a doc and, as the running time hints, I can only imagine it must've been a real pain in the ass to decide what stayed in and what got left out.

The props and memorabilia section interests me too.

The running time of 2 hrs 24 minutes is only for the main documentary, Autopsy Of The Dead. Then in addition to that running time you have all the special features. The DVD is packed.
I was fortunate to have Jim Cirronella producing. He had wonderful advice and great ideas throughout. You'll see some props and memorabilia you have never seen before.
The location supplement is extensive. And there are plenty of surprises.

The entire project including editing was really a labor of love so it didn't seem as much of a pain as it probably was because it ended up being a massive documentary due to all the information that we wanted to include and quite frankly the history we wanted to preserve. Some of the interview material (about another 50 minutes worth) that was not included on the DVD, I edited together in short segments and that footage will be available online to watch for free in the coming weeks. This is mainly comprised of interview footage that wasn't used in Autopsy and is about the lives of the cast and crew members we interviewed (their lives before and after NOTLD) or a few production stories that we didn't have room for in the main documentary. We thought fans would enjoy seeing this footage and we decided to share the clips online rather than storing them away in the vaults. It allows the fans to find out even more about the talent behind the film. So between the Autopsy Of The Dead DVD and the 50+ minutes of free online interviews - fans will have nearly 4 hours to view.

Third and final trailer will be posted shortly.:)

Neil
03-Sep-2009, 07:51 AM
Mumma!

DubiousComforts
03-Sep-2009, 07:29 PM
New trailer containing a sneak peek of the interviewees:

hlGxJhIGoek

I was fortunate to have Jim Cirronella producing. He had wonderful advice and great ideas throughout.
Aw shucks, I didn't do much of nuthin' 'cept for saying "that'n there looks good" or "nope, that'n there don't looks so good." :)

capncnut
03-Sep-2009, 08:04 PM
You can tell off the BAT this is going to be a very special documentary and a must own...

triste realtà
04-Sep-2009, 01:53 AM
Is this the Jeff Carney that posts at stevehoffman.tv forums?

C5NOTLD
04-Sep-2009, 06:48 AM
Is this the Jeff Carney that posts at stevehoffman.tv forums?

Sorry no. I don't know even know what stevehoffman.tv. forums are

triste realtà
04-Sep-2009, 10:40 PM
You're no Jeff Carney. I bet you don't even like Black Sabbath.

C5NOTLD
11-Sep-2009, 05:57 AM
Thanks for clearing that up for me Triste :)

Black Sabbath. Of Course I do. I remember them from their days on
the Donny and Marie show. Or was that The Captain and Tennille show..
:D

Yojimbo
13-Sep-2009, 05:53 PM
New trailer containing a sneak peek of the interviewees:

hlGxJhIGoek

Awesome! Can't wait to get mine.

DubiousComforts
20-Sep-2009, 04:35 AM
Autopsy of the Dead is now available to order through the official web site (http://autopsyofthedead.com/). The DVD should be available to begin shipping by early next week.

http://autopsyofthedead.com/images/promotion.jpg

The first 200 copies will also include a limited edition 5x7 autographed photo, individually numbered and randomly packaged with the DVD. Offer valid only on orders placed through the site linked above and while supplies last.

Stay tuned for exclusive web clips coming to HPOTD!

www.AutopsyoftheDead.com (http://autopsyofthedead.com/)

MinionZombie
20-Sep-2009, 10:55 AM
I do wonder about the £18 limit for imported goods in the UK, if you go over that it's the best part of £20 in fees and handling and crap on top.

For example, if ordering through Amazon or another such dot-com, if you go above the £18 limit then you're stuffed.

Does it work differently when ordering through the website itself?

DubiousComforts
20-Sep-2009, 02:18 PM
I do wonder about the £18 limit for imported goods in the UK, if you go over that it's the best part of £20 in fees and handling and crap on top.

For example, if ordering through Amazon or another such dot-com, if you go above the £18 limit then you're stuffed.

Does it work differently when ordering through the website itself?
When ordering direct through our web site, the cost of first class mail is included for orders only within the USA.

For international orders, we have to determine the shipping cost on a per order basis and send you a PayPal invoice. You won't be able to use the PayPal shopping cart system on the site.

For the UK, we can safely ship the DVD in a flat-rate Priority Mail International envelope for $12.00 (1 week delivery, maximum value for contents is $400). And even if the full $25 value was declared on the customs slip, your order would still be under the £18 limit. But not to worry--I'm a bit smarter than that when it comes to filling out customs paperwork. :D

Mr.G
20-Sep-2009, 03:21 PM
Just ordered one through the official site. I hope I'm one of the first 200. Can't wait to pop this into my dvd player. :D

DubiousComforts
20-Sep-2009, 03:44 PM
I hope I'm one of the first 200.
Yes, you are. ;) We'll be sure to make an announcement when the DVDs containing autographed photos have sold out.

Hope you enjoy the documentary and will take the time to post your feedback here.

MinionZombie
20-Sep-2009, 07:58 PM
When ordering direct through our web site, the cost of first class mail is included for orders only within the USA.

For international orders, we have to determine the shipping cost on a per order basis and send you a PayPal invoice. You won't be able to use the PayPal shopping cart system on the site.

For the UK, we can safely ship the DVD in a flat-rate Priority Mail International envelope for $12.00 (1 week delivery, maximum value for contents is $400). And even if the full $25 value was declared on the customs slip, your order would still be under the £18 limit. But not to worry--I'm a bit smarter than that when it comes to filling out customs paperwork. :D
So what you're saying is, I wouldn't get screwed royally by the British customs folk? :rockbrow::sneaky:

Spider
21-Sep-2009, 01:04 PM
I really think this documentary will be quite amazing.

DubiousComforts
21-Sep-2009, 05:52 PM
So what you're saying is, I wouldn't get screwed royally by the British customs folk? :rockbrow::sneaky:
I can't vouch for what the folks in British customs will do--only that I'm well experienced in international shipping and the item will be valued well below £18. ;)

thxleo
21-Sep-2009, 06:18 PM
Just placed my order!

MinionZombie
22-Sep-2009, 10:03 AM
I can't vouch for what the folks in British customs will do--only that I'm well experienced in international shipping and the item will be valued well below £18. ;)
*taps nose, winks*

C5NOTLD
25-Sep-2009, 05:04 PM
I've received some emails about Amazon - It is temporarily sold out on Amazon but will be restocked soon. We appreciate all the interest.

But the official site www.AutopsyOfTheDead.com is $4 cheaper than Amazon and the DVDs are in stock.

Mr.G
25-Sep-2009, 08:25 PM
And no shipping charges either! :)

thxleo
26-Sep-2009, 07:20 PM
Just got my dvd in and I can't wait to check it out. Plus I received an autographed card from Steve Hutsko. Thanks Jim and Jeff!

DubiousComforts
26-Sep-2009, 09:24 PM
Dontcha just love the smell of opening a fresh box of DVD in the morning?

http://autopsyofthedead.com/images/DVDbox.jpg

Autopsy of the Dead is now shipping. I had wanted to snap a photo of a blood-dripping package at the post office to illustrate that point, but the postmaster wouldn't let me. What a sourpuss.

Just got my dvd in and I can't wait to check it out. Plus I received an autographed card from Steve Hutsko. Thanks Jim and Jeff!
Awesome! You got one of the super rare autographs. I'm look forward to your feedback, Lee.

Kudos to the first person that finds the Easter Eggs. :D

capncnut
26-Sep-2009, 09:28 PM
http://autopsyofthedead.com/images/DVDbox.jpg
Golly, that must be awfully satisfying to look at. :D

DubiousComforts
26-Sep-2009, 09:40 PM
Golly, that must be awfully satisfying to look at. :D
The only thing more satisfying than a fresh box of Autopsy of the Dead DVDs is 20 fresh boxes of Autopsy of the Dead DVDs. :D

Yojimbo
27-Sep-2009, 08:35 PM
The only thing more satisfying than a fresh box of Autopsy of the Dead DVDs is 20 fresh boxes of Autopsy of the Dead DVDs. :D
Congrats, Dubious. Now I gotta track down my own copy!

DubiousComforts
28-Sep-2009, 05:26 AM
A first-responder's review of Autopsy of the Dead by John Scoleri (http://slcinema.blogspot.com/2009/09/autopsy-of-dead-dvd-review.html).

Neil
28-Sep-2009, 08:08 AM
A first-responder's review of Autopsy of the Dead by John Scoleri (http://slcinema.blogspot.com/2009/09/autopsy-of-dead-dvd-review.html).

Can't wait!

capncnut
28-Sep-2009, 02:44 PM
John Scoleri, eh? He's contributed to shitloads of horror publications and the like so that's a minor 'woot'. Nice little review, even though he considered Autopsy a "companion piece" to One For The Fire, which I'm sure was mildly irritating to you. :D

But I'm glad you guys got a glowing review there, you obviously deserve it.

DubiousComforts
28-Sep-2009, 03:13 PM
Nice little review, even though he considered Autopsy a "companion piece" to One For The Fire, which I'm sure was mildly irritating to you. :D
Not at all. He wrote: "While there's tons of information of interest to any fan of Night of the Living Dead, Autopsy of the Dead was really created with the devout deadhead in mind." He totally gets it. :D

Btw, I should mention there were no screeners of Autopsy of the Dead sent out, so all reviews will be from folks that actually purchased their own copy.

thxleo
28-Sep-2009, 05:20 PM
I finally finished watching the documentary itself. I haven't had time yet to check out all of the special features, but I did enjoy the blooper reel with Dave James talking about his Anthony Hopkins mistaken identity story.
I'm not big on giving reviews, but I will say that it's exactly what I thought it would be - a production made by fans who love and respect the subject matter. I've always wanted to write a book about Romero's work filled with interviews with people that you have not heard from before. Talk with people who were key to the productions, yet somehow never got any attention. This film does just that and I loved it! Jim and Jeff, you guys should be very proud.
One thing that stuck out to me was towards the end of the doc. It was Bill Hinzman hinting at the riff between him and George. That was great that you guys got that on camera, I thought. When I interviewed George earlier this year, he made an off hand remark about Hinzman that I didn't include in the final piece. So there is a lot there between the two of them that I find very interesting.
Again, I enjoyed it a great deal and you guys did a super job!

MaximusIncredulous
28-Sep-2009, 09:31 PM
Good to hear AotD is getting good reviews, I just ordered it and can't wait watch it.

Mr.G
28-Sep-2009, 11:11 PM
Got my copy tonight. I was also happy to receive a Bill 'Chilly Billy' Cardille autograph... #2 of 8! :)

I am going to try and wait to watch it until Halloween. I'm not sure if I will be able to last!

gary
29-Sep-2009, 01:45 AM
Jim,
I watched it all, everything in one sitting. It was a real kick in the ass for me I totally enjoyed it, seeing the old gang. A little like going to my 40th class reunion. I think it will become a must for the real Night fans.
Thanks to you and Jeff for making it,
Gary
:)

capncnut
29-Sep-2009, 04:32 AM
I watched it all, everything in one sitting. It was a real kick in the ass for me I totally enjoyed it, seeing the old gang. A little like going to my 40th class reunion. I think it will become a must for the real Night fans.
My copy is on it's way and I'm really, really, REALLY gagging to see it. I don't think it's an overstatement to say that it's already shaping up to be the best documentary about Night yet and I am OVERready to view and review.

You guys (past and present) kick ass. I just hope you know that.

C5NOTLD
29-Sep-2009, 02:40 PM
Appreciate all the feedback hearing you are enjoying it. That's fun to read! It was definitely a real labor of love for us to make.

Jim,
Thanks to you and Jeff for making it,
Gary

Thanks Gary -

Very nice of your to say and it was our pleasure. The film has meant so much to Jim and I through the years that it was a lot of fun to be able to try to document/preserve as much as possible and share it with fellow fans.

Thanks for letting us sneak into your class reunion :D It was a blast!

Jeff

MaximusIncredulous
01-Oct-2009, 06:43 AM
Kudos to the first person that finds the Easter Eggs. :D

I found one of 'em. It's available after viewing the DVD credits but the other one...

Great documentary. Really enjoyed seeing all the less spotlighted members of the cast and hearing their recollections of working on Night.

DubiousComforts
03-Oct-2009, 02:37 PM
I found one of 'em. It's available after viewing the DVD credits but the other one...
You get kudos for finding the first Easter Egg. The second one requires a bit of "waiting" to reveal itself... ;)

Got my copy tonight. I was also happy to receive a Bill 'Chilly Billy' Cardille autograph... #2 of 8! :)

I am going to try and wait to watch it until Halloween. I'm not sure if I will be able to last!
You're a better man that I if you can hold out for five weeks. I couldn't wait five minutes to watch the whole thing, and I was there asking all the questions! :D

Back in stock at Slamazon (http://www.amazon.com/Autopsy-Dead-Charles-Craig/dp/B002FZPR2O).

capncnut
06-Oct-2009, 04:59 PM
Right, got my copy in the mail earlier today (Neil and Andy, check your mail in a few days ;)) so I thought I'd throw out a little review.

My expectations for Autopsy were high because I know the respect Jeff and Jim have for the film. It's not an attempt to better any other documentary about Night already out there (well maybe just a little bit), it's a labour of love, which is oh so evident throughout the whole DVD.

Essentially, it is a two-plus-hour collection of interviews with not only the main players and crew but also the lesser-knowns, some of whom have the most interesting stories to tell. These are intercut with rare photographs, rare behind the scenes snippets, trailers and music cues, a majority of which have not been included in other titles.

You got Chuck Craig in the original newsroom, sharing a wealth of information regarding his entire career and role in the film. You got Kyra Schon in the original basement, pointing to the still visible chocolate sauce stains on the floor, talking about her memories of being stuck on that table - bored to death - during a deleted scene of Harry and Helen bickering. In fact, you got pretty much everyone barring Romero and the deceased. It is physically impossible for me to recount all the fantastic little stories and memories from all the people involved, it really is the ultimate package for Night nerds.

Oh and Mr. Gary Streiner. Your contributions had me falling on the floor, especially the tale about the truck explosion. In some ways, you are the smiling 'soul glue' of the documentary...

But yeah, without spoiling any more, this is easily the best Night documentary out there and is the final word on the subject.

Extras are great and include various items such as location comparisons (then and now), an interesting profile on Rick Catizone of The Animators, original trailers, radio spots (the radio spot menu of the Zenith radio had me orgasming), a dedication feature, etc. Really top notch.

Overall, it is a well researched, well made must-have for any Night fan. Your collection is incomplete without it. Good job, guys.

ProfessorChaos
06-Oct-2009, 05:38 PM
thanks for the detailed review, cap. i was already looking at picking this up, but after reading that, i headed directly over to the AotD website and ordered my copy today.:)

capncnut
06-Oct-2009, 07:40 PM
thanks for the detailed review, cap. i was already looking at picking this up, but after reading that, i headed directly over to the AotD website and ordered my copy today.:)
Good news, Prof. The documentary seriously delivers and the rest of youze need to treat yourselves as well. Top fuckin' notch and gonna have a second sitting of the main feature after I have a shower. :thumbsup:

DubiousComforts
07-Oct-2009, 03:44 PM
gonna have a second sitting of the main feature after I have a shower. :thumbsup:
You LIE! What you're really gonna do is watch your screen credit for two hours. :D

capncnut
07-Oct-2009, 04:44 PM
You LIE! What you're really gonna do is watch your screen credit for two hours. :D
Already did that. :D

But no, I had round two late yesterday night and loved it even better than the first sitting. More time to absorb the memories and to rewind a particlar part if I liked it or didn't pick up on it. Watched the web clips too. Awesome. :cool:

DubiousComforts
07-Oct-2009, 10:24 PM
Watched the web clips too. Awesome. :cool:
Hey, you need to get those clips up on HPOTD pronto so that everyone can enjoy them. ;)

So nobody ever found the second Easter Egg? I'm so disappointed...

jded
07-Oct-2009, 11:30 PM
Yes, you are. ;) We'll be sure to make an announcement when the DVDs containing autographed photos have sold out.I just gotta ask something before I buy. At the moment what are the chances you run out of promotional autographs? What if I order right this very minute and before it's confirmed you run out? Is my order locked in digitally? It is now 5:30 pm Mountain Time, and I'm in Boise, ID. LOL(but really not kidding)
Your response is very much appreciated

DubiousComforts
07-Oct-2009, 11:57 PM
At the moment what are the chances you run out of promotional autographs?
You guys will be the first to know when the autographed photo begin running thin. Trust me. ;)

jded
08-Oct-2009, 12:25 AM
You guys will be the first to know when the autographed photo begin running thin. Trust me. ;)Sweet! Thanks! I believe I will go make a purchase.
P.S.
Please use all your extra sensory powers to pick me out a Kyra Schon when you pull my order.
I believe in you:D

ProfessorChaos
08-Oct-2009, 01:38 AM
woo-hoo! that means i get an autographed photo, too!!!

DubiousComforts
08-Oct-2009, 04:02 AM
woo-hoo! that means i get an autographed photo, too!!!
Yes, you did. :D

I'm bummed that nobody found the second Easter Egg yet. It's the best one! :(

capncnut
08-Oct-2009, 01:06 PM
I found it. Actually you told me it's location after I PM'ed you but it turns out I had already seen it. Or them. ;)

MaximusIncredulous
08-Oct-2009, 02:41 PM

Can you give an itsy-bitsy hint? I did some waiting with the menus, especially with the special features menu since that featured full motion video, but couldn't find anything.

C5NOTLD
08-Oct-2009, 05:11 PM
Cool to see that everyone is enjoying Autopsy as much as we enjoyed making it. Appreciate all of your comments.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

Can you give an itsy-bitsy hint? I did some waiting with the menus, especially with the special features menu since that featured full motion video, but couldn't find anything.

Well if you tap on the top of your head with your left hand while tapping the pause button with your right big toe while you are on the 3rd menu :D

I sent you a pm hint.

DubiousComforts
08-Oct-2009, 05:29 PM
Exclusive bonus interview clips are now online at Homepage of the Dead. Click here (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=14958) to view the videos.

Here's a sample: Bill Hinzman on early career, The Latent Image and the making of Night of the Living Dead (http://www.autopsyofthedead.com/billhinzman1.html)

More bonus video clips coming soon...

MaximusIncredulous
08-Oct-2009, 07:30 PM
Well if you tap on the top of your head with your left hand while tapping the pause button with your right big toe while you are on the 3rd menu :D

All that head and toe tapping worked! Talk about an interactive easter egg.

Seriously though, nice additions to the package.

Neil
09-Oct-2009, 10:06 AM
Incase you missed the news page entry... Some exclusive clips... http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=14958

MinionZombie
09-Oct-2009, 05:47 PM
Incase you missed the news page entry... Some exclusive clips... http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=14958
Is it just me, or is it just a bunch of HTML text, rather than any embedded videos?

I just copied the urls into my browser and watched them that way.

Cool vids too.

DubiousComforts
09-Oct-2009, 06:00 PM
Is it just me, or is it just a bunch of HTML text, rather than any embedded videos?
MZ, each link should launch a pop-up window containing the video clip.

I couldn't figure out how to do that myself in the above post, so I just posted a link. Great job, Neil!

C5NOTLD
09-Oct-2009, 09:20 PM
Great job, Neil!

Yes - that's :cool:

ProfessorChaos
14-Oct-2009, 07:34 PM
just wanted to drop in and post my thoughts about this documentary in a nutshell....

first off, night of the living dead is one of my favorite films of all time. it's the first romero dead film i saw (at a very impressionable age), and i was instantly hooked. i've probably watched it over a hundred times, at least. i own the millennium edition dvd, the complete night of the living dead filmbook, the russo novelization, the audio cassette adaptation, have a digital copy of the soundtrack, a magazine commemorating the 25th anniversary, a poster on my wall, and a few other little odds and ends related to the film.....so up till now, i thought i had a pretty solid, almost complete understanding about how the film was made and whatnot.

however, Autopsy of the Dead was full of all sorts of interesting facts, interviews with extras and various ghouls, awesome comparison shots of the filming locations then and now, and features i'd not seen before. it was very cool to see the various ghouls and crew members describe their experiences with the making of this film. many of these people i'd never even seen prior to watching autopsy, so now i've got a new appreciation for the various unnamed ghouls. the stand-alone documentary is well worth the price of the dvd, and all the bonus features are the icing on the cake. for anyone who calls themselves a true fan of the movie, this dvd is a must-own.

my new ladyfriend hasn't seen any of the romero dead films, and since hallowen is just around the corner, we've planned ahead and will be watching the big 3 over then next couple of weekends...while i was planning on not breaking out my copy of NotLD till i sat down with her to watch it, after finishing autopsy last night, i think another viewing in between now and then wouldn't hurt any.

thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this, you did an amazing job. and hell yeah, now i've got an autographed photo of charles craig! ( whom i didn't even realize filled in as a ghoul in a few scenes). again, good work, and for those who are thinking of picking this up, you won't be disappointed.

capncnut
14-Oct-2009, 08:04 PM
Glad you liked it, man. I've watched it a few times now and keep noticing little tidbits I overlooked before. Awesome documentary.

DubiousComforts
16-Oct-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback, dudes. I'm glad to hear that everyone is enjoying the DVD.

We could really use some comments on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Autopsy-Dead-Charles-Craig/dp/B002FZPR2O) and the IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1467244/), so please post your feedback there--good or bad. :D

And don't forget that the free autographed photos are due to the kindness of the NOTLD folks that appear in the documentary. Sure, we made the prints, but everyone agreed to sign 'em for free.

AcesandEights
19-Oct-2009, 06:15 PM
This long term relationship-thing is finally paying off. Word has it I will be getting a copy for my anniversary :D

DubiousComforts
20-Oct-2009, 04:58 AM
Word has it I will be getting a copy for my anniversary :D
Hopefully you don't have very long to wait. ;)

AcesandEights
20-Oct-2009, 04:31 PM
Hopefully you don't have very long to wait. ;)

You're telling me! I'm fairly chomping at the bit, as I've only heard good things and all from people who know Night far better than I do.

jded
20-Oct-2009, 05:18 PM
I got my copy yesterday. I was very surprised! It took no time at all to arrive. The best service I have gotten in a long time. All who were involved in the process deserve a round of applause... cheeeers! clapping! bravo! bravo! :D :skull: :D

I have not popped it in to watch yet, but I plan to do so real soon. I may even try to hold out till Halloween like Mr.G, but anticipation could get the better of me. :hyper: :skull: :hyper:

Mr.G
20-Oct-2009, 08:05 PM
I have not popped it in to watch yet, but I plan to do so real soon. I may even try to hold out till Halloween like Mr.G, but anticipation could get the better of me. :hyper: :skull: :hyper:

Good luck to you. I'm holding strong with 11 days to go. I find it helpful to remove it from your sight and dvd player....:D

C5NOTLD
27-Oct-2009, 04:39 AM
For those near San Francisco - DVD copies of Autopsy Of The Dead will be on sale by the San Francisco Classic Horror Film Festival in the Clay Theater Lobby during their Vincent Price double feature show on October 27th and 28th. For more information please visit their website www.shock-it-to-me.com

Mr.G
31-Oct-2009, 01:52 PM
So I finally popped my copy in last night. Great movie. It was awesome to hear from the cast & crew. You can tell that even after 40+ years, their memories are still fresh and alive. What more can you ask for? Congrats to everyone involved in the dvd!

Long live NOTLD & Romero!

And....HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

DubiousComforts
07-Nov-2009, 01:59 PM
Glad that you enjoyed the doc, Mr. G.

Here's a cool auction for a multi-signed copy of AUTOPSY of the DEAD (http://cgi.ebay.com/ROMERO-AUTOPSY-OF-THE-DEAD-SIGNED-RARE-DVD-CAST_W0QQitemZ270480431529QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3ef9e3d9a9) on ebay. This guy is really dedicated -- he purchased copies from Amazon and drove around to all of the interviewees for their signatures. He is in fact the only person to offer signed copies because I sure as hell don't have time to do all that work. ;)

But I can verify that he does know all of those people and that the signatures are authentic. The starting price is a bargain if you're into autographed Living Dead material because some of those folks have never appeared at conventions.

C5NOTLD
27-Nov-2009, 09:34 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/USCJC/black-friday-sale-banner-595.jpg

Buy Autopsy of the Dead for a special Black Friday sale price at the official site below and receive a limited edition 5x7 autographed photo, plus two additional unsigned 5x7 movie stills at no extra cost.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/USCJC/black-friday-dvd.jpg (http://www.autopsyofthedead.com/black_friday.html)

C5NOTLD
26-Jan-2010, 09:39 PM
Congratulations to the winners of the Icons Of Fright.com DVD Contest for Autopsy Of The Dead.

RUNNER-UPS: Chris Cartusciello and Chad Milburn will receive a DVD copy of AUTOPSY OF THE DEAD, as well as a promotional mini-poster

GRAND PRIZE WINNER: Darcy Barry will receive a copy of AUTOPSY OF THE DEAD, a mini-poster, and signed 8x10s from people involved in NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD.

http://iconsoffright.com/news/2010/01/autopsy_of_the_dead_contest_wi.html

DubiousComforts
27-Jan-2010, 04:53 AM
Autopsy of the Dead reviewed at Midnight Podcast (http://midnightpodcast.com/2009/11/13/midnight-podcast-episode-161/) (actual review begins at 41:00).

Their score: B

www.LivingDeadDocumentary.com (www.LivingDeadDocumentary.com)

capncnut
27-Jan-2010, 06:18 AM
Pretty good review there.

DubiousComforts
27-Jan-2010, 07:01 PM
Pretty good review there.

I'm not a big fan of podcasting, but I did enjoy listening to Midnight Podcast. Corey has a good voice for broadcasting and he doesn't grate on your nerves. It's just too bad that Midnight Podcast is finished.

DubiousComforts
01-Feb-2010, 04:02 AM
Board up the windows and doors! Autopsy of the Dead (http://autopsyofthedead.com/) is coming to a horror convention near YOU.

First up: HorrorHound Weekend (http://www.horrorhoundweekend.com/) in Indianapolis on March 26-28 featuring George Romero and the DAY of the DEAD 25th anniversary reunion.

And appearing exclusively at the Autopsy table: Charles Craig, Night of the Living Dead's iconic newscaster.

http://www.horrorhoundweekend.com/shows/201003/images/guests/celebindy_craig.jpg

For more information, visit the official HorrorHound Weekend (http://www.horrorhoundweekend.com/) site.

www.LivingDeadDocumentary.com (http://autopsyofthedead.com)

C5NOTLD
06-Feb-2010, 09:26 PM
Someone nominated Autopsy Of The Dead for Best Documentary for the upcoming Rondo Awards.

http://monsterkidclassichorrorforum.yuku.com/reply/517743/t/-Eighth-Annual-Rondo-Award-Nominees--work-released--2009-.html#reply-517743

:cool:

DubiousComforts
06-Feb-2010, 10:45 PM
Someone nominated Autopsy Of The Dead for Best Documentary for the upcoming Rondo Awards.
Dammit, I told Mom to quit embarrassing me... :D

Just kidding. Actually, that "someone" is Gary Prange who helps to coordinate the Rondo nominations in the CHFB forum. Gary was among the first to purchase Autopsy, so I am completely stupefied and humbled to have received such a prestigious nod from a paying customer. Those are the only kinds of reviews that I care about.

www.LivingDeadDocumentary.com (http://www.LivingDeadDocumentary.com)

capncnut
07-Feb-2010, 09:20 AM
Autopsy is a deserved nominee, well done. :thumbsup:

DubiousComforts
08-Feb-2010, 11:12 PM
Autopsy is a deserved nominee, well done. :thumbsup:
I said to quit embarrassing me, Mom! :D

DubiousComforts
19-Feb-2010, 04:21 AM
Brand new review by Derek Koch over at Mail Order Zombie (http://mailorderzombie.blogspot.com/2010/02/mail-order-zombie-episode-108.html) (actual review begins at approximately 37:00).

Their score: 4/5 head shots :D

capncnut
19-Feb-2010, 11:47 AM
Haha, like the rating system. :D

C5NOTLD
22-Feb-2010, 05:50 AM
Fan nominations are in and Autopsy Of The Dead was nominated for Best Independent Production of 2009 at the Eighth Annual Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards.
Congratulations to the Autopsy cast as well as producer Jim Cirronella.
Thanks very much to the fans and to HPOTD for their amazing support of the film.

Please cast your vote for Autopsy and other nominees at:

http://rondoaward.com/rondo/rondos.html

Also be sure to vote for the Living Dead Festival in Evans City as Best Convention. Gary Streiner deserves our support for putting on a great event for Night Of The Living Dead fans.

capncnut
23-Feb-2010, 12:53 AM
Vote sent. :D

DubiousComforts
23-Feb-2010, 02:45 AM
Vote sent. :D
And mostly likely, you'll be the only one. ;)

DubiousComforts
02-Mar-2010, 04:10 AM
Autopsy of the Dead is now available at these fine vendors of the macabre...

MONROEVILLE ZOMBIES: http://www.monroevillezombies.com/

ZOMBIES & TOYS: http://www.zombiesandtoys.com/

Get 'em now, while they're dead...

DubiousComforts
22-Mar-2010, 07:47 PM
Autopsy of the Dead is now available at...

http://autopsyofthedead.com/images/diabolik-dvd-banner.jpg (http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/Documentary/Autopsy-of-the-Dead-DVD-%28NOTLD-Documentary%29-%28NTSC-Region-1%29.html)

DubiousComforts
22-Mar-2010, 08:22 PM
Buy it!

But I already have a copy.

DubiousComforts
23-Mar-2010, 12:40 PM
So do I. But mine's getting worn out kneegrow.
-post removed by webmaster-
Sorry talk of piracy breaks our license agreement.

It was a joke. There are sites that lists thousands of download statistics for 'Autopsy' which are obviously fakes -- scams designed to entice people to click through to the goods.

-webmaster-
Apologies... My mistake! Here, have some of this egg on my face as consolation!

I oughta drag you outside and feed you to those things! :D

DubiousComforts
12-May-2010, 12:46 AM
AUTOPSY of the DEAD reviewed by Tim Ferrante (Video Vérité) in the latest issue of Videoscope (http://www.videoscopemag.com/) (#74 Spring 2010)

http://www.videoscopemag.com/img/vid74_me.jpg

"...Remarkably, these overdue interviews carry a warm emotional vibe. By casting the light of recognition on unknown and forgotten contributors, it's clear that they're as excited in sharing their experiences as we are in hearing them ...AUTOPSY ably extracts lingering NIGHT lore from many untapped sources. It has, however, accomplished appreciably more. It has bestowed the horror classic with a sense of heart, adding to a film that will forever scare the very breath out of its captivated audience. "

3½ out of 4 Rating

Neil
12-May-2010, 08:14 AM
AUTOPSY of the DEAD reviewed by Tim Ferrante (Video Vérité) in the latest issue of Videoscope (http://www.videoscopemag.com/) (#74 Spring 2010)

http://www.videoscopemag.com/img/vid74_me.jpg

"...Remarkably, these overdue interviews carry a warm emotional vibe. By casting the light of recognition on unknown and forgotten contributors, it's clear that they're as excited in sharing their experiences as we are in hearing them ...AUTOPSY ably extracts lingering NIGHT lore from many untapped sources. It has, however, accomplished appreciably more. It has bestowed the horror classic with a sense of heart, adding to a film that will forever scare the very breath out of its captivated audience. "

3½ out of 4 Rating

Nice!

DubiousComforts
12-May-2010, 07:08 PM
Nice!

AUTOPSY OF THE DEAD -- the documentary with teeth. :D

Jeffery
04-Jun-2010, 04:26 PM
Nice! I'll be picking this up for sure.

C5NOTLD
09-Jul-2010, 09:27 AM
There's a special screening of the Festival version of Autopsy Of The Dead (shorter 100 minute version as the DVD version is 144 minutes plus extras) this Sunday at the Famous Monsters Convention (http://www.famousmonstersconvention.com/guests/)(July 9-11th in Indianapolis, Indiana) at 11am followed by an Autopsy Of The Dead Panel Discussion at 1:30 pm

Night Of The Living Dead guests at the Famous Monsters Convention who will be signing autographs include Kyra Schon, Charles Craig, Bill Hinzman, Gary Streiner, Joe Unitas (Lighting Supervisor), Herbert Summer (Zombie), Rick Catizone (Credits), Judith O'Dea, Russell Streiner, John Russo, and George Kosana. Visit the Famous Monsters link above for more information.

The Autopsy Of The Dead DVD (http://www.autopsyofthedead.com/ZD001.html) (Zero Day Releasing) will be available for sale at the convention (this is the full 2 hr. 24 minute version). Also for available for sale at the show will be the "They Won't Stay Dead" CD (http://www.autopsyofthedead.com/ZD021.html)(Zero Day Releasing) which has the original library tracks used in Night Of The Living Dead digitally restored and uncut for the first time. Get them both (DVD and CD) to have a fiendishly good time :cool:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/USCJC/TWSD-CD-cover.jpg

C5NOTLD
17-Jul-2010, 09:08 PM
The San Diego Comic Con is July 22-25 and the convention exclusive cover of Famous Monsters Magazine #251 (Nosferatu Art by Richard Corben) will be sold as an exclusive at the Con.

Also exclusive to FM issue #251 is the full page color ad for the Autopsy Of The Dead DVD/They Won't Stay Dead CD (DubiousComforts did a outstanding job on designing it). Here's the ghoulish ad:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/USCJC/Vi/pageadFM-251.jpg

Mr.G
17-Jul-2010, 10:36 PM
Always good to hear about both products. I hope they are selling well for you guys.

C5NOTLD
18-Jul-2010, 12:12 AM
They are doing great. We really do appreciate all the fan support as it has been incredible. Nice to know there are so many others like us (not only in the U.S. but around the world) who drool over the filming details and stories/location visits and comparisions/props/etc.

C5NOTLD
24-Jul-2010, 03:29 AM
For those unable to attend the amazing Famous Monsters Con in Indianapolis from July 9th to 11th- Here was a cool full page ad from the Con's program.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/USCJC/fmconprogram.jpg

C5NOTLD
10-Aug-2010, 11:44 PM
Date/time for the Horror Realm screening in PA coming soon.

C5NOTLD
07-Sep-2010, 02:08 AM
Next screening of Autopsy Of The Dead is in the zombie capital of the world, Pittsburgh PA, (Saturday Sept 18th at 9pm) at Horror Realm (Sept 17-19). 14 cast/crew members from Night Of The Living Dead will be appearing at Horror Realm along with 9 cast/crew from Dawn Of The Dead. :cool:
More info at: www.horrorrealmcon.com

DubiousComforts
07-Sep-2010, 10:15 PM
http://www.kqek.com/main/top_banner/TopBanner_b.gif (http://www.kqek.com)

Brand new AUTOPSY of the DEAD review (http://www.kqek.com/dvd_reviews/a/3693_AutopsyDead2009.htm) and exclusive interview with director Jeff Carney (http://www.kqek.com/exclusives/Exclusives_Autopsy_1.htm) at KQEK (http://www.kqek.com). Special thanks to Mark Hasan.

C5NOTLD
08-Sep-2010, 01:15 AM
Autopsy Of The Dead received the Home Video Industry's highest honor with the nomination of Best Direct To Video Title Of The Year as announced in the #1 home video industry source for entertainment news, Home Media Magazine (Sept 6-12, 2009 issue).

The nomination is extra special as I've always been a fan of filmmaker Roger Corman who was one of the judges. The award ceremony for the 2010 Reaper Awards presented by Home Media Magazine and Dreadcentral.com will be held Oct. 12th at the historic Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel where the first Oscars were presented. Congratulations to the amazing and talented Autopsy cast/crew for this wonderful honor. Also thanks to the fans for their overwhelming support of our documentary.

Competition will be fierce so help us ghouls out by clicking here to vote (http://www.homemediamagazine.com/Reaper-Vote-2010)before Oct 1st.

Mr.G
08-Sep-2010, 01:34 AM
I voted for you. Best of luck and congrats on the nomination. Your category will be tough....Never Sleep Again was a good seller too. I still need to see it myself.

C5NOTLD
08-Sep-2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks Mr.G appreciated.

Definitely going to be a tough competition from Freddy to Lionsgate to 20th Century Fox.

DubiousComforts
21-Sep-2010, 07:42 PM
AUTOPSY of the DEAD director Jeff Carney is spotlighted in a great Quad Cities Online and Dispatch Argus news article about the Night of the Living Dead documentary.

Quad Cities Online: Zombie bug takes bite out of Q-C man (http://qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=510887&query)

The print version even features a nifty photo of Jeff with George Romero. :D I'll post a scan as soon as I have a copy available.

AcesandEights
21-Sep-2010, 08:13 PM
Cast my vote at Home Media Magazine (http://www.homemediamagazine.com/Reaper-Vote-2010). Good luck, gents!

DubiousComforts
21-Sep-2010, 09:04 PM
Cast my vote at Home Media Magazine (http://www.homemediamagazine.com/Reaper-Vote-2010). Good luck, gents!

Thanks, Aces. You got to see the documentary?

Debbieangel
21-Sep-2010, 09:45 PM
I voted for you dub...good luck!!! you deserve to win!

C5NOTLD
22-Sep-2010, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the votes. The support is appreciated!

BillyRay
22-Sep-2010, 02:06 PM
Since Autopsy is a Zombie Documentary, are you up against a Hillbilly Music Drama?

AcesandEights
22-Sep-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks, Aces. You got to see the documentary?

Yup, after not getting a copy as had been promised for an anniversary present (dames!), I eventually made it a priority. I may be a Philistine, but I have moments of tasteful lucidity in my otherwise questionable choices of viewing material.

I thought it was great, not that I'm the best judge in this case, as Night is probably the film in the series I know the least about. It also got strong interest from a few people who screened it with me. One of my friends who was sitting in for part of it, but had to beg out and was thoroughly impressed from what little he saw. He's not into Romero or the other films so much, but Night was his first foray into horror at a pretty young age and he loves it. So, that's going to be his present come the holiday season.

Returning to my opinion of the docu, I'll say--again, as someone who is probably not up to snuff on his notld knowledge--it was fun and eye-opening. A tightly packed treasure trove of lore. Plus, it's always nice to see something put together by people who have knowledge and passion for the topic, it gives it perspective you don't always get from some slap-dash efforts that get cobbled together just to get tagged on as a DVD extra to some re-release (not speaking of other notld docus here per se, just noting a general trend in some film docus).

A definite thumbs up from me!

C5NOTLD
22-Sep-2010, 07:45 PM
Since Autopsy is a Zombie Documentary, are you up against a Hillbilly Music Drama?

lol No. Up against films from 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, Anchor Bay, Image, Elm Street Legacy, etc.

Glad you finally got to see it AcesandEights appreciate your comments.

DubiousComforts
22-Sep-2010, 09:43 PM
lol No. Up against films from 20th Century Fox, Lionsgate, Anchor Bay, Image, Elm Street Legacy, etc.
You mean to say those studios haven't produced any Hillbilly Musical Dramas?

(I'm afraid that reference went way over my head.) ;)

I may be a Philistine, but I have moments of tasteful lucidity in my otherwise questionable choices of viewing material.

That's probably the best written line in any review of the documentary yet. :thumbsup:

Glad that you've had a chance to see and enjoy it, Aces. The prevailing theme under which Autopsy was can be best summed up as "just imagine if your grandma had appeared in the Citizen Kane of all horror films."

ProfessorChaos
22-Sep-2010, 09:46 PM
can you use a fake email for voting on that site? i really don't like giving my email address out, and i noticed that there was something about needing an email address and being contacted by other parties....ugh.

but i really would like to vote for AotD, it is a great piece of work.

BillyRay
22-Sep-2010, 09:53 PM
You mean to say those studios haven't produced any Hillbilly Musical Dramas?

(I'm afraid that reference went way over my head.) ;)

I was referring to the Deadlands voting from awhile back.

It's called Callback, son.:D

DubiousComforts
22-Sep-2010, 10:05 PM
can you use a fake email for voting on that site? i really don't like giving my email address out, and i noticed that there was something about needing an email address and being contacted by other parties....ugh.
You know something, I never noticed that since I haven't voted. :rockbrow: Personally, I would use an auxiliary account like gmail or hotmail, and then just set anything from Questex Media as spam.

It's called Callback, son.:D
There is a hillbilly musical drama entitled Callback? I thought it was called Deliverance!

ProfessorChaos
22-Sep-2010, 10:54 PM
well, i'll put up with a few spam messages to show my support for what you and jeff did. again, great work, fellas. will cast my vote this evening....and them tomorrow i'll use my other email address and vote for ya again from the library on campus. :D

DubiousComforts
23-Sep-2010, 06:58 PM
well, i'll put up with a few spam messages to show my support for what you and jeff did. again, great work, fellas. will cast my vote this evening....and them tomorrow i'll use my other email address and vote for ya again from the library on campus. :D

Thanks for your support, Prof.! It never occurred to me that it's possible to vote from more than one e-mail account, but certainly Fox, Lions Gate and Anchor Bay are all playing that way for the win. ;)

Here's a scan of The Dispatch and Rock Island Argus news article featuring AUTOPSY of the DEAD director Jeff Carney. For the full-size scan, click here (http://autopsyofthedead.com/images/dispatch-92010-full.jpg).

George seems pretty happy to meet Jeff!
http://autopsyofthedead.com/images/dispatch-92010-small.jpg

C5NOTLD
31-Oct-2010, 02:22 AM
The Patrick Phillips Show Halloween Special is online now (http://www.patrickphillipsshow.com). The one hour Halloween zombie themed episode includes interviews with guests: Max Brooks (Author Of The Zombie Survival Guide), George Romero (Survival Of The Dead), Jeff Carney (Producer/Director Autopsy Of The Dead), Jim Fyfe (Dark Shadows), Elvira, and Larry Kirchner (top 13 Haunts in the U.S.)

C5NOTLD
04-Mar-2011, 10:59 PM
Autopsy Of The Dead

Best Documentary Of The Year Winner - Dead Letter Awards

Best Independent Film Of The Year Nominee - Rondo Hatton Classic Horror Awards

Best Direct To Video Title Of The Year Nominee - Video Store Magazine/Reaper Awards (celebrity judge Roger Corman)

With the success of the Autopsy Of The Dead DVD (http://www.AutopsyOfTheDead.com), the coroner has excised 36 deleted interiew clips and added them online for the hardcore George Romero and Night Of The Living Dead Fans.

The 2 hr 24 minute fan favorite, Autopsy Of The Dead (http://www.AutopsyOfTheDead.com), which won Best Documentary Of The Year at the Dead Letter Awards, got even bigger with nearly 2 hours of additional online deleted interview clips. Autopsy is a unprecedented documentary on the making of the greatest horror film ever made as you go behind the scenes of Night Of The Living Dead with these brand new and exclusive interviews with the people who were there as first hand witnesses to zombie horror history. In 1968 the dead walked, now the dead will talk like never before....

Between the Autopsy Of The Dead DVD (http://www.AutopsyOfTheDead.com) and the nearly 2 hrs of free online Deleted Footage interviews - fans now have nearly 5 1/2 hours to view on their favorite horror film, Night Of The Living Dead. The legend lives on with this fresh and fascinating look at the cast/crew of the George Romero classic!

Click here to see all 36 Deleted Footage Interview clips which have been added online (http://www.jeffcarneyfilms.com/Autopsy_Of_The_Dead_Pg_3.html)

Four sample clips below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8UVYhUcXfE
Steve Hutsko Deleted Footage - Bill Cardille's cameraman during the posse scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5lXbxfwvmo
Gary Streiner Deleted Footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FfgTr1HWzo
Kyra Schon Deleted Footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avEhYunMMmE
Bill Hinzman Deleted Footage

C5NOTLD
03-Jun-2011, 09:14 PM
Autopsy Of The Dead will be at Saturday Nightmares June 3-5 (https://saturdaynightmares.com/) (Sheraton Meadowlands Hotel) in East Rutherford NJ so be sure to stop by and say hi. You will be able to purchase your copy of Autopsy (http://www.autopsyofthedead.com/ZD001.html) and They Won't Stay Dead Soundtrack CD (http://www.autopsyofthedead.com/ZD021.html)(the most complete digital restoration of the original library music from Night Of The Living Dead ever!)

C5NOTLD
15-Sep-2011, 09:02 PM
Recording was recently posted of the discussion panel (http://www.mailorderzombie.com/2011/08/mail-order-zombie-episode-1705-autopsy.html) devoted to the Dead Letter award-winning Documentary, Autopsy Of The Dead, from the Famous Monsters Convention.

C5NOTLD
19-Dec-2011, 04:39 PM
AUTOPSY of the DEAD 'Save the Chapel' Holiday Sale!

Order the NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD documentary that won't stay dead, AUTOPSY of the DEAD, and 50% of the sale will be donated towards the preservation of the Evans City Cemetery chapel (http://www.fixthechapel.com). Packed with nearly three hours of content on the making of George Romero's modern horror masterpiece, the 144-minute documentary includes extensive interviews with Bill Hinzman, Kyra Schon, Gary Streiner, Bill Cardille, Charles Craig and more.

As a special bonus, your DVD will include a limited edition 5x7 autographed photo while supplies last. This offer is valid for one week and available only through this link (http://​www.autopsyofthedead.com/​ZD001.html). Sales ends at midnight December 21st, so order your copy today and receive it in time for the holidays!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/USCJC/DVD-cover-3D-1.jpg

Here's some examples of the 5x7 autographed photo randomly packaged with each DVD.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a152/USCJC/promotion-1.jpg

-- -------- Post added 19-Dec-2011 at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was 14-Dec-2011 at 02:18 AM ----------

Time is running out on the offer to help save the chapel (http://www.fixthechapel.com). Don't miss out and thanks to all who took advantage of the sale!

C5NOTLD
29-Feb-2012, 11:17 PM
If are you a fan of NOTLD then you won't want to miss the upcoming posting tonight on the AUTOPSY of the DEAD facebook page. (https://www.facebook.com/pages/AUTOPSY-of-the-DEAD/75796156871) Something so shocking and never before seen from Night Of The Living Dead - we are not responsible if your eyeballs pop out of your head with excitement.

Don't say we didn't warn you - it's only the tip of the iceberg of what is to come...

ProfessorChaos
01-Mar-2012, 12:53 AM
any link for the facebook-aphobics?:D

Mr.G
01-Mar-2012, 03:14 AM
Or maybe a clue for those of use who gave up facebook for lent? PLEASE!!!

AcesandEights
01-Mar-2012, 01:48 PM
Very nice & unbelievable quality! And it's true the pic was sent in anonymously?

Mr.G
01-Mar-2012, 03:57 PM
Very nice & unbelievable quality! And it's true the pic was sent in anonymously?

What pic?

C5NOTLD
04-Mar-2012, 01:12 AM
any link for the facebook-aphobics?:D

The direct link is in the post - Here is it again AUTOPSY of the DEAD facebook page. (https://www.facebook.com/pages/AUTOPSY-of-the-DEAD/75796156871)

Takes you to FB - sign in with your account and it will take you directly to the AUTOPSY of the DEAD page :cool:

-- -------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Thanks! No it wasn't sent in anonymously.

-- -------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Or maybe a clue for those of use who gave up facebook for lent? PLEASE!!!

Colorful surprise especially if you are a Judy Ridley/Keith Wayne fan.

ProfessorChaos
04-Mar-2012, 12:40 PM
^

perhaps i didn't make myself clear, but i DO NOT have a facebook account, and never will...so is there any other way to view this?

Joe
07-Oct-2012, 06:27 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forums and I'm probably posting in the wrong spot but can someone please give me some advice?
Which version of 'Dawn of the Dead' is the best to go for on DVD? I would have liked the 4 dvd set on Arrow Films but it's sold out everywhere it seems on region 2. There are so many different front covers for this film that it's driving me nuts, Amazon's listings are not helpful in telling you exactly what you're getting on any particular dvd.
I want the directors cut, the one that runs for 139 mins and I need it on region 2 preferably with extras, any help is appreciated, many thanks, Joe

kidgloves
07-Oct-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forums and I'm probably posting in the wrong spot but can someone please give me some advice?
Which version of 'Dawn of the Dead' is the best to go for on DVD? I would have liked the 4 dvd set on Arrow Films but it's sold out everywhere it seems on region 2. There are so many different front covers for this film that it's driving me nuts, Amazon's listings are not helpful in telling you exactly what you're getting on any particular dvd.
I want the directors cut, the one that runs for 139 mins and I need it on region 2 preferably with extras, any help is appreciated, many thanks, Joe

Hi Joe,
You should find all the info here

http://memorabilia.homepageofthedead.com/

The filters are on the right hand side.

I think this is the cover you should be looking for

http://memorabilia.homepageofthedead.com/i/130_1_1.jpg

Theres a Dutch version with a similar cover that has the Argento cut on, as well as Document of the Dead

http://memorabilia.homepageofthedead.com/i/144_1_1.jpg

These are the only Region 2 dvd versions of the cut that I have owned and can confirm that they are the ones you are looking for. There may have been more recent versions with better picture quality but I haven't looked for them because I prefer the US Theatrical cut myself.

Joe
07-Oct-2012, 07:39 PM
Thanks for your help, it's good to know what I'm looking for, cheers, Joe

C5NOTLD
05-May-2013, 06:22 PM
Something very special is coming to the AUTOPSY of the DEAD FB page soon for Night Of The Living Dead Fans. Be sure to like our page AUTOPSY of the DEAD facebook page. (https://www.facebook.com/pages/AUTOPSY-of-the-DEAD/75796156871) to be among the first to see it.....

Neil
05-May-2013, 07:05 PM
^^ that link to facebook doesn't work for me?

C5NOTLD
06-May-2013, 03:38 AM
Just tried it Neil - sent me to the page. Even if you aren't signed in to FB, it should send you to the sign in page and then once you sign in take you directly to the Autopsy page.
If it doesn't for some odd reason then when you are on FB, just do a search for "Autopsy of the Dead" and the page will come up.

capncnut
06-May-2013, 06:53 PM
Just tried it Neil - sent me to the page. Even if you aren't signed in to FB, it should send you to the sign in page and then once you sign in take you directly to the Autopsy page.
If it doesn't for some odd reason then when you are on FB, just do a search for "Autopsy of the Dead" and the page will come up.
That link just goes straight to the main news feed page of Facebook, Jeff. Are you trying to link to here (https://www.facebook.com/groups/officialnightofthelivingdead) or is there an actual Autopsy page?

C5NOTLD
06-May-2013, 11:04 PM
No it's not linked to the official Night page but it's linked to the actual Autopsy page.

Sorry if the link isn't working for you. Just do a simple FB search for AUTOPSY of the DEAD (You can't miss us that way!).

HumanBiped
05-May-2014, 03:02 PM
I REFUSE to use Facebook...... nice to know that leaves me in the dust for Autopsy of the Dead news like this..... too bad I already own this documentary, or I wouldn't buy it now! Oh well, you win again Facebook.......