PDA

View Full Version : this chupacabra looks a lot like a dog...

Mike70
01-Sep-2009, 02:29 PM
you all know the story by now: a hillbilly claims to have the body of a chupacabra and has grand hopes of proving its existence.

this dude in texas claims he caught one. well, if this isn't a dog of some kind, i'm tsar of all the russias.

there is a video attached to this news story that shows the body of the animal in some detail.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/20661717/detail.html

SymphonicX
01-Sep-2009, 02:35 PM
is this another one of those made up animals like the Yeti and Bigfoot?

Mike70
01-Sep-2009, 02:54 PM
is this another one of those made up animals like the Yeti and Bigfoot?

yes. it is often referred to as the hispanic bigfoot. it is a myth that has spread from the latino population (where it originated) into american popular culture.

the animal mutilations that you hear about in the american west are often blamed on actions of the chupacabra or aliens, depending on which unbalanced group of individuals you are talking to.

SymphonicX
01-Sep-2009, 03:09 PM
Bah...defo looks like a dog to me Mr Mike70....! Think you've hit the nail on the head there....

Danny
01-Sep-2009, 03:33 PM
that is most definitely a diseased animal like a coyote or dingo, or some mongrel of that and a dog. i would bet good money on it.

AcesandEights
01-Sep-2009, 04:00 PM
Sounds like a coydog/dogote. They have a higher tendency to breed mutations and genetic diseases over multiple generations.

Maybe I'll try and find out if there are known sizable populations of crossbreeds/local problems with crossbreeding in the rural areas immediately north of San Antonio.

BillyRay
01-Sep-2009, 04:02 PM
"What's the name of theat thing in Mexico what eats all the goats?"

"Chupacabra, Sir."

"Chupa-thingy, how about that?"

krakenslayer
01-Sep-2009, 04:08 PM
This is clearly a dog with several birth defects. However, just believing that there are large animals out there unknown to science, does not make you "unbalanced". Science is discovering new species all the time, sometimes right on our doorstep. Sure, you've got the crazy-crypto Nessie-believer crowd, but there are is also a lot of serious, scientific cryptozoological investigation going on out there too.

Mike70
01-Sep-2009, 04:17 PM
However, just believing that there are large animals out there unknown to science, does not make you "unbalanced".

i wasn't talking about everyone who believes in unknown animals. i was referring to people who ascribe supernatural or extra-terrestrial origins to things that can be reasonably explained by rational means.

i am willing to entertain the notion that there is some larger and as yet unknown animal in the american west. but if such an animal exists, there is nothing "otherworldly" or "devilish" about it - in fact, if such an animal existed, i would bet the farm that it is some sort of canine.

that's what i was getting at.

krakenslayer
01-Sep-2009, 04:29 PM
i wasn't talking about everyone who believes in unknown animals. i was referring to people who ascribe supernatural or extra-terrestrial origins to things that can be reasonably explained by rational means.

i am willing to entertain the notion that there is some larger and as yet unknown animal in the american west. but if such an animal exists, there is nothing "otherworldly" or "devilish" about it - in fact, if such an animal existed, i would bet the farm that it is some sort of canine.

that's what i was getting at.

Oh, okay, cool! I agree, actually.

MikePizzoff
01-Sep-2009, 06:08 PM
Looked like a hairless doberman, to me.

mista_mo
01-Sep-2009, 06:14 PM
looks like a mythical Latino goat eater to me.

slickwilly13
01-Sep-2009, 06:14 PM
I used to hunt in Blanco, Tx. There are a lot of coyotes over there. It is either a dog, fox, or coyote with mange. Which explains the lack of hair.

EvilNed
01-Sep-2009, 08:23 PM

I agree, but I actually doubt there are any undiscovered mammals at all living in human populated areas. Insects? Sure, probably plenty of them. Fish? You bet, deep down in the ocean. But mammals? Nah.

krakenslayer
01-Sep-2009, 08:58 PM
I agree, but I actually doubt there are any undiscovered mammals at all living in human populated areas. Insects? Sure, probably plenty of them. Fish? You bet, deep down in the ocean. But mammals? Nah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammals_discovered_in_the_2000s

EvilNed
01-Sep-2009, 10:06 PM
Smart-ass...

krakenslayer
01-Sep-2009, 10:17 PM
Smart-ass...

:lol::lol::lol:

MoonSylver
02-Sep-2009, 12:59 AM
yes. it is often referred to as the hispanic bigfoot.

Now that's not very fair. Everybody knows the Chupacabra is QUITE a different creature than the Sasquatch.;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chupacabra

As for the thing in the pic's? Nowhere CLOSE to what the eyewitness's describe. Here's what that lil' sumbitch REALLY looks like:

http://www.skeptiseum.org/images/exh/chupacabra.jpg

:lol:

blind2d
02-Sep-2009, 01:49 AM
"What's the name of theat thing in Mexico what eats all the goats?"

"Chupacabra, Sir."

"Chupa-thingy, how about that?"

RedvsBlue... classic!
"A chupacabra? But there isn't a goat to feed on for miles..." - Dib, Invader Zim

Mike70
02-Sep-2009, 12:33 PM
Now that's not very fair. Everybody knows the Chupacabra is QUITE a different creature than the Sasquatch.;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chupacabra

As for the thing in the pic's? Nowhere CLOSE to what the eyewitness's describe. Here's what that lil' sumbitch REALLY looks like:

:lol:

i understand why it is called "the latino bigfoot", but it doesn't look a fricking thing like bigfoot.

like in that pic, i've always pictured a chupacabra looking a lot like stripe from "gremlins."