PDA

View Full Version : stargate universe trailer.check.this.shit.out.

Danny
01-Sep-2009, 08:48 PM
Now im a long time stargate fan, its was way more lighthearted than startrek and less preachy, the whole "join us and adapt to our civilization or were at war" straight devide in trek that was left out of stargate just didnt sit right with me, by the end of atlantis it was getting a bit samey though so they quit whilst they were still pulling in some ratings to do a redesign with this, stargate universe, starring robert cerlyle, see 28 weeks later and trainspotting, as a scientist whos part of a crew on some random planet as part of the u.s air forces stargate program when they come under attack, there only way to escape is the titular stargate in the base, they input a code, like a telephone number to each individual gate across the galaxy if your new to stargate, but by accident a 9th symbol is input, somethign which should be impossible, but with the choice between this random gate trip or destruction they take it and find themselves on an ancient ship which travels the univrse as a stargate factory, seeding planets with them, assigning address in the system ect.
Trouble is the ship is fully automated, gives them no control and is set to travel the whole universe and will take thousands of years to reach the milky ways network of stargates. the first series sees them tyring to form order from a group who made it through during the attack, whilst the best were accidentally left behind. In the first few shows the life support is hardly working, water is almost nonexistent, and you can only gate to a planet close by for a few hours whilst the ship is in range, if it leaves you behind you never get back on. heres the latest trailer.

WL12BKF5bag

It's being toted as something more battle star galactica in tone and writing than previous series and bgs is my all time favorite sci-fi series so im really looking forward to this, but as much as i want to see it, how many 1 hour sci-fi dramas are doing the rounds right now?, seriously, it used to be 2 or 3 if we were lucky, now the markets over saturated so i hope this will do well, but i doubt it.

EvilNed
01-Sep-2009, 08:56 PM
Well, I'm a Star Trek fan, but apart from the StarGate movie (which was very cool) I never ever got the series. It demystified the whole film for me and turned it into a cheap-rubber-suit franchise and it wasn't cheesy enough or had good enough plots for me to enjoy. I like the film, but that's it. :p

krakenslayer
01-Sep-2009, 09:02 PM
Well, I'm a Star Trek fan, but apart from the StarGate movie (which was very cool) I never ever got the series. It demystified the whole film for me and turned it into a cheap-rubber-suit franchise and it wasn't cheesy enough or had good enough plots for me to enjoy. I like the film, but that's it. :p

Yeah, no Kurt Russell, no me. :D

mista_mo
01-Sep-2009, 10:07 PM
Nice, I cannot wait. Sg-1 is my all time fav sci fi show, and Atlantis was a damn good program as well. Hopefully this continues the tradition of quality that the Stargate series is known for.

Minus that cartoon..but...we shouldn't speak of such things.

Exatreides
02-Sep-2009, 04:40 AM
Ahh I remember the days of good ol sci fi channel

Stargate SG1
Farscape
Firstwave
Good Vs Evil
The Invisible man

Farscape has always been my favorite, but sg1's right there behind. Hopefully they just don't try to do a clone of BSG.

Looking forward to it, when's the premier?

Danny
02-Sep-2009, 02:33 PM
October 2nd dude.
...on syfy...lis

kidgloves
11-Apr-2010, 10:33 PM
Just started watching this and it's ok. BSG lite crossed with Voyager. It has it's "teen moments" but my wonder at scifi overides that. Just gonna start ep5.
Looking good.

Legion2213
11-Apr-2010, 10:41 PM
Tues 13th April for series 1.5 (or whatever they are calling it) on SKY HD (UK).

Trailers make it look like they've upped the action content for this second half of the series. :)