PDA

View Full Version : teen wolf tv series on MTV?

Mike70
02-Sep-2009, 12:49 PM
man, the entertainment news is going from bad to worse today. first the FF reboot and now this:

MTV, once known as "Music Television" due its actually playing "music" on "television", is moving forward in the development of a new series based on the 1985 high school lycanthropy comedy Teen Wolf and has ordered a pilot, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

The 1985 film starred Michael J. Fox as a teen basketball player who discovers, along with the other bodily changes associated with adolescence, that he's a werewolf. The movie was co-written by Jeph Loeb, who'd go on to be a writer and producer on shows like Smallville, Lost and Heroes.

In a world dominated by rehashes and remakes, a Teen Wolf series is especially noteworthy in that the "original" was a re-hash of the 1950s creature feature I Was a Teenage Werewolf starring Little House's Michael Landon.

According to MTV exec Liz Gateley, the series will be "...a dramatic thriller with two best friends in the center who provide a great comedy element: They are two very relatable characters on the outer circles of popular cliques."

damn. what am i going to read about next? a michael bay reboot of "casablanca" with vin diesel and tara reid starring? james cameron remaking "titanic" because one of the table settings wasn't completely historically accurate? an uwe boll directed version of "gone with the wind" featuring lorenzo lamas, pam anderson, and carrottop?

bassman
02-Sep-2009, 12:55 PM
Alright. Go Beavers!

:rolleyes:

Mike70
02-Sep-2009, 12:57 PM
Alright. Go Beavers!

:rolleyes:

:lol:

short and simple but man, those 3 words convey so much more.

bassman
03-Feb-2011, 03:59 PM
They've turned the fun eighties flick into....well....Twilight, basically.

wgb-0CX6ppE

MTV. *picks nose* Creeps me out...