PDA

View Full Version : Texas Chainsaw 2 dvd

thxleo
22-May-2006, 06:26 PM
One of my favorite guilty pleasures is getting the special edition treatment. Accoring to Fangoria.com, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is getting a brand new dvd release later this year. Hell, even Dennis Hopper is participating in it.

zombie04
22-May-2006, 06:31 PM
I'd have to say its about freaking time. I got the barebones nothing special edition right now. Hopefully they'll use the Breakfast Club cover.

MinionZombie
22-May-2006, 10:34 PM
It is such a guilty pleasure isn't it? I've got an MGM Classics VHS tape of it, the first release in the UK that was uncut (an extra 20 minutes or something like that), it's a good, fun flick. I'll be looking forward to what they put together for the DVD, the special edition of the first film (complete with "The Shocking Truth") was an excellent package.

Speaking of TCM, although the remake is not in any similar league to the original, I personally quite like it as a guilty pleasure ... and Biel's bewbs are always a plus :p - but it had a good special edition package - especially nice box with a phat fold out chainsaw blade layout complete with 'crime scene photos' in an envelope. Also a very detailed "making of" - that's something we need to see more of, decent "making of" docs. I think the release of Hills Have Eyes is going to have just that, a proper "making of", not a 50 minute clips 'n' interviews shag-the-director-senseless-with-praise-fest.

zombie04
23-May-2006, 12:16 AM
The region 1 special edition of the remake was very well done. New Line always does great work when they want to. The Lord of the Rings Extended Editions are good proof of that.

MinionZombie
23-May-2006, 09:36 AM
You're daaaaaaaaamn right. The extended special editions of LOTR were epic. For three Christmasses I got one each year and would spend two weeks sifting through everything that was on offer, you got the FULL run down on the making of the movies, brilliant stuff. Haven't even touched the audio commentaries though. Those DVDs were like how DVDs should be...although obviously there's a scale of which films deserve what. You wouldn't want that treatment with Charlie's Angels 2 really would you? lol.

All this talk makes me wanna watch that TCM03 making of again...but what is it with Germans, they all seem to be so stern and serious and kinda bossy, lol. I hate seeing directors like that, if only they were all like GAR who is a 'big friendly bear' and everyone has fun. Personal preference I think, I prefer catching bees with honey rather than screaming "f*ck" at the top of your lungs and having a sulk.

Dawg
23-May-2006, 11:43 AM
One of my favorite guilty pleasures is getting the special edition treatment. Accoring to Fangoria.com, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 is getting a brand new dvd release later this year. Hell, even Dennis Hopper is participating in it.

The original MGM Dennis Hopper cover TCM2 DVD release sucked some major balls. I am wishing for the 'Breakfast Club' cover as well. (They need to quit with the rerelease covers already! The fans want original and or fancy movie poster covers, not some mortage crap or let's put a famous actor on the cover even though they may not be in the movie that much.)

:dead: Dawg

jdog
23-May-2006, 07:18 PM
cant wait to get this dvd it is a solid movie. lots of savini gore.

bassman
23-May-2006, 07:36 PM
Im probably going to get bashed for this, but....I've never seen it.

MinionZombie
23-May-2006, 07:44 PM
*BOSH*

Watch it bitch!

*BOSH*

Say my name bitch! And watch that muthafudgin' movie!

I can't complain, there's so many movies I still haven't seen and should have seen...but right now I don't care, I'm just p*ssed at ATI card lag with the new Hitman game ... come on someone, either Eidos or ATI, release a patch QUIIIIIICK!!! I'm dying to play it....:(