PDA

View Full Version : Who is this guy?

bassman
08-Sep-2009, 03:20 PM
I've wondered this for ages and never found a solid answer. Who is this guy in the front?

http://www.fleshfuryimageworks.co.uk/Dawn-Of-The-Dead-Posters.jpg

Is it supposed to be Peter? With a lip injection?:lol: Kinda looks like Shaft.

I imagine it's just a random image thrown in there but seeing as how all the other people are from the actual film, I was wondering if I was missing something.

krakenslayer
08-Sep-2009, 03:34 PM
Must be an image from the deleted "Peter Minstrel" scene. :D

darth los
08-Sep-2009, 04:00 PM
Either it's the spanish dude from the projects that bit into his wife's arm and neck or it's a token black guy they threw in there to help sales in "darker" regions.

:cool:

DubiousComforts
08-Sep-2009, 05:42 PM
It's one of the zombies in the basement of the 107 Building. In the still photo which the artist borrowed the image from, the zombie is holding a limb up to his mouth, so there is some artistic license being taken with the lips.

I tried to find the actual still online as an example, but that task has become nearly impossible due to the gazillion worthless DAWN remake images polluting the Internet.

bassman
08-Sep-2009, 05:46 PM
so there is some artistic license being taken with the lips.

SOME artistic license?:lol:

So this zombie is seen in the movie? If so...do you know what scene? Well...I know you said the basement, but could you point out which one he is(maybe a time signature)? Because I can't recall anyone that looked like him...

darth los
08-Sep-2009, 05:50 PM
Well, atleast I have something to do tonight. lol

If i make an I.D. you guys will be the first to know. ;)

DubiousComforts
08-Sep-2009, 05:54 PM

So this zombie is seen in the movie? If so...do you know what scene? Well...I know you said the basement, but could you point out which one he is(maybe a time signature)? Because I can't recall anyone that looked like him...
It's one of the zombies in the holding pen in the basement, but the image is taken from a still, not the actual film -- just like the others depicted in the poster. The same still appears in most of the lobby card sets, but damned if I can find it online amidst all the remake images.

The female ghoul isn't even an actual person but a rendering of the stunt dummy used for Savini's girlfriend.

EDIT: it's this image. http://i31.tinypic.com/2zsy14x.gif (either the guy in the middle or at the right).

EDIT 2: here's a larger example.
http://i32.tinypic.com/9k05qe.jpg

krakenslayer
08-Sep-2009, 05:57 PM

Haha, yeah. The guys mouth was obscured by a severed limb, so the artist decided to fill in the blank with some Rocky Horror lips. :D

Actually, if you look at his skin, it's not even black/brown. It's like iridescent metallic. He looks like a fucking robot! :D

capncnut
08-Sep-2009, 06:29 PM
In the basement, during the Extended Version, after Roger takes care of the zombie crawling towards Peter, you will notice a zombie nipping at a severed hand with a very agressive look on his face. It's a one second close up.

He appears at 17:04.

The female ghoul isn't even an actual person but a rendering of the stunt dummy used for Savini's girlfriend.
Yeah, that's Jeannie Jeffries' mask, who was the zombie that attacked Roger while he was hotwiring the truck.

bassman
08-Sep-2009, 06:32 PM
Yeah, that's Jeannie Jeffries' mask, who was the zombie that attacked Roger while he was hotwiring the truck.

Yeah, I knew that was a dummy of Savini's girlfriend because she's a prominent zombie in the film. To have all the "hero" zombies on the poster and then that one guy with the fucked up lips in the front always throws me off. He was in ONE SECOND of film and he's in the front? They might was well throw the "yeah, trucks" guy in there for good measure.:lol:

Thanks for the answers, guys. Finally I can get this off my shoulders. :p

capncnut
08-Sep-2009, 06:34 PM
That is a bit of a baffler, I mean why him? And his close up ain't even in the theatrical. And when did he see Mick Jagger's plastic surgeon?

bassman
08-Sep-2009, 06:37 PM
And when did he see Mick Jagger's plastic surgeon?

I think Angelina Jolie is the one that hooked him up for the injection....

DubiousComforts
08-Sep-2009, 06:45 PM
That is a bit of a baffler, I mean why him? And his close up ain't even in the theatrical. And when did he see Mick Jagger's plastic surgeon?
They wouldn't have viewed the actual film when preparing the advertising campaign, they would have worked off stills and that image in the basement is very prominent.

I think it's just as odd that they used the still of the Jeannie dummy with it's face blown off (which also appears in the film for about two seconds and doesn't look at all like her) over a photo of the actress.

bassman
08-Sep-2009, 06:48 PM
I think it's just as odd that they used the still of the Jeannie dummy with it's face blown off (which also appears in the film for about two seconds and doesn't look at all like her) over a photo of the actress.

Yeah, but she's really not seen all that much and her "death" is pretty memorable as it's Roger's breaking point. The machete zombie and the plaid(yellow?) zombie are only seen for a short amount of time as well. But they're all from memorable scenes.

capncnut
08-Sep-2009, 06:48 PM
And Plaidboy's yellow shirt/jacket. The whole thing is just ODD.

MaximusIncredulous
08-Sep-2009, 07:07 PM
What's even stranger is why the lead zombie on the poster is so reserved? The others seem to be in attack mode but the lead guy is just sorta hunched down there, as if he's having issues with being a zombie and needs to see a shrink.

krakenslayer
08-Sep-2009, 07:13 PM
What's even stranger is why the lead zombie on the poster is so reserved? The others seem to be in attack mode but the lead guy is just sorta hunched down there, as if he's having issues with being a zombie and needs to see a shrink.

:lol::lol:

I laughed so hard I think a little bit of pee came out. :lol:

DubiousComforts
08-Sep-2009, 07:13 PM
It's because he's hunched down in the basement photo. The artist even took all the hands from a different photo of the zombies outside the Penny's security doors.

:lol::lol:

I laughed so hard I think a little bit of pee came out. :lol:
Yo dude, too much info!

darth los
08-Sep-2009, 08:15 PM
It's because he's hunched down in the basement photo. The artist even took all the hands from a different photo of the zombies outside the Penny's security doors.

Well, if you look at it that way it's true. The shot in that cover is no where in the movie. So it would seem as if there was a whole lot of freestyling going on.

krakenslayer
08-Sep-2009, 10:14 PM
Yo dude, too much info!

Figuratively speaking of course :D

Andy
08-Sep-2009, 10:35 PM
It almost looks like a zombie ben from NOTLD.

clanglee
08-Sep-2009, 11:19 PM
What I want to know is, Why are they all "raising the roof?"

http://www.whatwouldjesusdoforbacon.com/unsuccessories/poster37.jpg

Mike70
08-Sep-2009, 11:42 PM
What I want to know is, Why are they all "raising the roof?"

http://www.whatwouldjesusdoforbacon.com/unsuccessories/poster37.jpg

is this chick cross-eyed or just caught in an unflattering photo?

i had a cross-eyed girlfriend once. every time she tried to give me a blow job she ended up sucking my thumb.

darth los
09-Sep-2009, 07:10 PM
Yeah, but she's really not seen all that much and her "death" is pretty memorable as it's Roger's breaking point. The machete zombie and the plaid(yellow?) zombie are only seen for a short amount of time as well. But they're all from memorable scenes.

And if you've ever seen the extras from the ultimate edition Savini had himself a nice piece of tail while on set. :D

bassman
17-Nov-2009, 12:03 PM
I'm back with another "Who's this?" question. This time it's from a foreign Day poster.

The guy up front?

http://bangkok1080.asia/images/articles/thai_movie_posters/day_of_the_dead.jpg

He reminds me of one of the dummies that gets shot up in the mine, but i'm not sure. And he's got a chain around his neck.

Is he part of the movie or just the poster people taking creative license?

Philly_SWAT
17-Nov-2009, 12:15 PM
I dont know the answer, hopefully someone else does. Only in my opinion, it kinda looks like Dr Tongue, but with a collar, melding together two different zombie aspects of the movie.

krakenslayer
17-Nov-2009, 12:49 PM
That might be the zombie that gets spayed in the face with machine gun fire after John finds Billy and Sarah in the mine. You know, the one whose head snaps back like it's on hinges?

Come to think of it, it even has what look like the bullet wounds in his face.

bassman
17-Nov-2009, 12:59 PM
That might be the zombie that gets spayed in the face with machine gun fire after John finds Billy and Sarah in the mine. You know, the one whose head snaps back like it's on hinges?

That's what I was thinking. It's hard to tell when it's such a quick scene, though.

Perhaps the more import question is how did Sasquatch make it into the poster next to Pilato?:lol:

capncnut
17-Nov-2009, 04:53 PM
The guy up front?
Brion James? :lol:

Actually he's the dude who gets a faceful of bullets when John catches up with the others in the cave. Just like the first poster, a bit of extra creativity has been applied because I'm sure he was never wearing a collar or Rick Astley tie.

MaximusIncredulous
17-Nov-2009, 07:25 PM
Brion James? :lol:

Actually he's the dude who gets a faceful of bullets when John catches up with the others in the cave. Just like the first poster, a bit of extra creativity has been applied because I'm sure he was never wearing a collar or Rick Astley tie.

Yup, he's got the collar and the tie:

eTC39eFzqIk

Freeze at 2:52.

capncnut
17-Nov-2009, 07:37 PM
Well goddamn...

Philly_SWAT
17-Nov-2009, 09:12 PM
Jeez, that zed was on screen for one second...perhaps even less than one second. Hell of a thing to put on the poster.

krakenslayer
17-Nov-2009, 10:14 PM
*penny drops*

I just realised that ALL the zombies in the cave wore those collars even before being selected for experimentation. Hence why the biter's collar ripped free - it wasn't part of the pole, it was rotten from months (years :elol:) of being around the zombie's neck. Wow! I never noticed that before. I always assumed the poles were like those you see animal control teams using: you know, leather or wire loop attached to a pole. I guess I wasn't watching closely enough.

Actually, I just got a flashback to the soldiers shouting "hook her up" as they tried to connect their poles to the looped collars the zeds wore. I guess I just never put two and two together there.

Philly_SWAT
17-Nov-2009, 11:09 PM
I guess I just never put two and two together there.
Perhaps this may help.....:)

MathGen software for Windows XP is great for creating individual basic math worksheets for learning disabled (LD) math students.

http://www.mathgen.com/remedial.htm (http://www.mathgen.com/remedial.htm)

krakenslayer
17-Nov-2009, 11:11 PM
perhaps this may help.....:)

mathgen software for windows xp is great for creating individual basic math worksheets for learning disabled (ld) math students.

http://www.mathgen.com/remedial.htm (http://www.mathgen.com/remedial.htm)

:(

:lol: It's a crime that there's no "retarded" smiley on here... I mean how many people actually use ones like :kiss: or :clown: or even :ukk:... yet we have 'em :p

SRP76
18-Nov-2009, 12:12 AM
Perhaps the more import question is how did Sasquatch make it into the poster next to Pilato?:lol:

That's not a sasquatch; it's obviously oldschool Sabretooth. Note the claws.

Trancelikestate
18-Nov-2009, 04:31 AM
actually that poster is the same graphic on my day tshirt.

and actually the dawn poster is one of my shirts too. :)