PDA

View Full Version : Second Sarge clip

Fecunditatis
09-Sep-2009, 10:36 AM
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/33427/sarge-speaks-some-more-new-survival-dead-video

Ghost Of War
09-Sep-2009, 11:12 AM
Damn internet video blocking work filter thingy!:mad:

krakenslayer
09-Sep-2009, 11:21 AM
Damn it, I'm at work too and the video won't play on my phone. Can anyone do a transcript or description?

MoonSylver
09-Sep-2009, 11:44 AM
Very nice! Well, now we know for sure he IS the same character as in Diary! I like the dialog even better in this one. For little pick up/improv things well done.

MinionZombie
09-Sep-2009, 01:08 PM
Cool - definitely liked it more than the first Sarge video - it just sounded better ... although the "smoking acting" still annoys me a smidge. :p

Really wanna see this flick now.

Moon Knight
09-Sep-2009, 03:47 PM
Just awesome. Can't wait.

krakenslayer
09-Sep-2009, 05:52 PM
Dunno about you guys, but for me that was proper fucking Romero. Wow! It felt like a scene from Day of the Dead

I'm liking it, I'm really liking it, but I am starting to see what a lot of people are saying about the social commentary - it's much simpler here than in the last couple, it's just about our inability to work together, and our tendency for the tribal "us and them" mentality to get in the way of success and progress. However, personally, I think that's a pretty big issue these days.

bassman
09-Sep-2009, 06:33 PM
Not bad. The "cool" cigarette smoking still get's on my nerves, though...

So we've got several clips and several reviews. How bout a trailer?:confused:

EvilNed
09-Sep-2009, 09:00 PM
Excellent! Looks awesome! I'm really, really looking forward to this. :D

MoonSylver
10-Sep-2009, 01:42 AM
Cool - definitely liked it more than the first Sarge video - it just sounded better ... although the "smoking acting" still annoys me a smidge. :p

Really wanna see this flick now.

Thought occurred to me today...how do we KNOW he's a long time/dedicated smoker...maybe he just STARTED when all the shit hit the fan, which would be a good reason he handles it the way he does.

Unless proven otherwise in the film, that's my rationale & I'm sticking to it!:p

MinionZombie
10-Sep-2009, 09:20 AM
Thought occurred to me today...how do we KNOW he's a long time/dedicated smoker...maybe he just STARTED when all the shit hit the fan, which would be a good reason he handles it the way he does.

Unless proven otherwise in the film, that's my rationale & I'm sticking to it!:p
But the character is nicknamed "Nicotine". :p

Perhaps Sprang isn't a smoker himself?

MoonSylver
10-Sep-2009, 05:57 PM
But the character is nicknamed "Nicotine". :p

I know, but maybe they started calling him that because he's started smoking, hard & heavy, in reaction to the dead walking?

Perhaps Sprang isn't a smoker himself?

Don't go injecting reality into my fictional justifications dammit!:lol:

darth los
10-Sep-2009, 06:33 PM
That explanation is as good as any.

One of the things I love about his old filmaking style is that he DIDN'T beat us in the head with things. He left alot unexplained and open to interpretation and debate. And boy do we take him up on it !!

You think he ever drops in now and then to see what we talk about? Surely he knows Neil has this site dedicated to him right?

:cool:

MinionZombie
10-Sep-2009, 08:49 PM
Don't go injecting reality into my fictional justifications dammit!:lol:

Muahahahahaaaaa!

You think he ever drops in now and then to see what we talk about? Surely he knows Neil has this site dedicated to him right?

:cool:

I don't think GAR is much of an online man, but you never know, maybe his kids keep him appraised of all things t'intarweb?