PDA

View Full Version : top this mr. bolt...

Mike70
11-Sep-2009, 06:10 PM
sarah, an 8 year old cheetah from the cincinnati zoo, became the fastest land mammal on the planet after running the 100m in 6.13 seconds.

Wednesday's runs were held at the Cincinnati Zoo Cheetah Breeding Facility at Mast Farm in Clermont County.

the cincy zoo is fucking flat out awesome and one of the few reasons anyone would ever visit here.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/20811656/detail.html

J4v42i3IhxY

darth los
11-Sep-2009, 06:21 PM
That was awesome !!

Imagine the condition of one's undershorts as that's bearing down on you!! :stunned:

I was recently suprised that a significant portion of the population has never seen most wild animals up close or been to a zoo. It's a shame to because you can only get a sense of the majesty of these animals in person.

I once saw a male lion up close and if that bastard wasn't the size of a panel van i'll be damned. It had to be atleast 15 feet long as it lay there resting.

:cool:

Mike70
11-Sep-2009, 06:31 PM
I was recently suprised that a significant portion of the population has never seen most wild animals up close or been to a zoo. It's a shame to because you can only get a sense of the majesty of these animals in person.

i've been spoiled in that regards. i've been going to the cincy zoo since i was a kid and never get tired of it. one of the best on the planet. if you are a cat lover like i am, the cincy zoo will be heaven to you. it has one of the best collections of large felines (esp. tigers and cheetahs) and is considered to be among the top zoos in the world as far research and conservation.

Mr.G
11-Sep-2009, 11:08 PM
Impressive but imagine what Bolt could do with 4 legs??? ;)

Danny
11-Sep-2009, 11:14 PM
That was awesome !!

Imagine the condition of one's undershorts as that's bearing down on you!! :stunned:

I once saw a male lion up close and if that bastard wasn't the size of a panel van i'll be damned. It had to be atleast 15 feet long as it lay there resting.

:cool:

troubel with the zoo is most of the time peopel expect a show but often the best you will get is a sleeping animal look up at you, go "meh" and go back to sleep.
Seriously i was INCHES away form a lion just the other day, it blinked at me and rolled over.

it was pretty boring till i saw this:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/IMG_0398.jpg

this was 2 feet high, over a metre long AND THIS WAS A SMALL ONE!

seriously, one of these bastards was as big as a small boy racer car, i actually thought it was a boulder as part of the scenery till it poked out a head bigger than a persons!

strayrider
12-Sep-2009, 04:01 PM
sarah, an 8 year old cheetah from the cincinnati zoo, became the fastest land mammal on the planet after running the 100m in 6.13 seconds.

the cincy zoo is fucking flat out awesome and one of the few reasons anyone would ever visit here.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/20811656/detail.html

J4v42i3IhxY

:lol:

That reminds me of my cats chasing a lazer pointer.

:D

-stray-

MikePizzoff
12-Sep-2009, 10:10 PM
This is why I love the feline family!!!