PDA

View Full Version : Benchmarking software?

MinionZombie
13-Sep-2009, 11:33 AM
How do chaps,

Was wondering, is there is any good benchmarking software I can download to test out my Quad Core?

I'm still convinced there is a problem with it that causes it to freeze-up during gaming, and sometimes video rendering.

Tricky
13-Sep-2009, 12:15 PM
Try futuremark dude! :)

tkane18
14-Sep-2009, 04:08 AM
Try Cinebench by Maxon, creators of Cinema 4D.

http://www.maxon.net/downloads/downloads/cinebench.html

DjfunkmasterG
22-Sep-2009, 10:58 AM
3Dmark09

MinionZombie
22-Sep-2009, 12:06 PM
Used Cinebench - seems just fine.

Updated my graphics drivers, and downed the resolution on Fallout 3 from 1280x1024 to 1024x768 and I've been playing a lot of it lately for an hour or more a time, and no freezes.

Weird.

Will continue to test it, finish off Fallout 3, then get FEAR 2 and see if I can get it to freeze or not, because if it is broken I'd wanna get it fixed before the year's up ... but if I can't get it to freeze, then I guess that's good news.

Still confused as to why it had been freezing, was really bad when I first got it, then something got done to it by the shop, then it was pretty much okay (the odd freeze-up), then last month when I was playing Fallout 3 it got progressively worse from occasional freeze-up to almost certain to freeze-up.

Now it's running well after a driver update and downing the resolution (which has also allowed me to actually see the text I input into the console - e.g. "tgm") ... seriously odd.

Tricky
22-Sep-2009, 01:42 PM
Have you run temperature tests on your graphics card & cpu dude?could be overheating & need some extra fans in there!

SymphonicX
22-Sep-2009, 02:06 PM
what processor is it?

MinionZombie
22-Sep-2009, 05:50 PM
It's an Intel Quad Core Q9300.

Typically enough, said earlier it was running fine - then had a freeze-up this afternoon.

Went back half an hour later and played some more just fine ... seriously odd.

As for fans - the computer is COVERED in them, and it has one of those "Arctic Cooling Xtreme" things in it. It does indeed noticeably warm up when playing a game, but not boiling hot by any means.

Plus freezes have happened at inconsistent lengths of time into playing.

Will continue playing and see what is what...:confused::shifty::confused:

DjfunkmasterG
23-Sep-2009, 12:31 AM
You could have something like a bad memory chip... Those can cause freeze ups as well.

Try replacing the mem chips

MinionZombie
23-Sep-2009, 09:55 AM
You could have something like a bad memory chip... Those can cause freeze ups as well.

Try replacing the mem chips
I think that had already been covered the last time it was in the shop.