PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Campbell as Mysterio in Spiderman 4!

Neil
14-Sep-2009, 12:44 PM
Now, that would rock if it were to happen!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Spider-Man-4-Gives-Bruce-Campbell-A-Starring-Role-14752.html

AcesandEights
14-Sep-2009, 02:27 PM
Mysterio may be a classic villain, but he has to be handled well (from a writing and directorial standpoint, as well) to come off anything other than completely hokey. Now, that's not to say that we couldn't have good hokey in a Spiderman film and it be cool, but we want to avoid at all costs the bad hokey and Mysterio courts disaster or brilliance just by his inclusion.

Danny
14-Sep-2009, 02:38 PM
finallY!, god, ive been saying he should play him for years now.:D

bassman
14-Sep-2009, 02:54 PM
He's also been talking about Evil Dead 4 for the past 20 years, so....

darth los
14-Sep-2009, 02:57 PM
He's also been talking about Evil Dead 4 for the past 20 years, so....

You mean PRAYING for it doncha?

:cool:

MinionZombie
15-Sep-2009, 05:59 PM
How did I miss this thread? Oh well - coolness.

While not official from that report, the idea of a "major part" for BC in Spider-Man 4 rocks my socks. :cool:

No doubt him being in Burn Notice has helped him gain a bit more credibility with "the money men" or something ... whereas, naturally, in reality we all know that BC could have done a major part ages ago in a Spider-Man flick.

Anyway - awesome sauce.

ProfessorChaos
15-Sep-2009, 07:45 PM
it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than bruce campbell playing a villain for me to see spidey 4....they'd have to cast scarlet johannson as mary jane and megan fox as the black cat, include about 60 minutes of hard-core lesbian sex between them, and then maybe i'd sit down and watch spidey 4.

krakenslayer
15-Sep-2009, 07:49 PM
it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than bruce campbell playing a villain for me to see spidey 4....they'd have to cast scarlet johannson as mary jane and megan fox as the black cat, include about 60 minutes of hard-core lesbian sex between them, and then maybe i'd sit down and watch spidey 4.

Yeah... or even just make it GOOD! :P

bassman
15-Sep-2009, 08:33 PM
I wonder if some people that watch the Spiderman films don't know who Campbell is or his connection to Raimi. "Why is the ring announcer also the guy in the restaurant? Now he's a bad guy?!?"(I forgot what minor part he played in 2).

And does anyone else think the studio won't go along with this idea(if there is any truth to it)? Campbell is a B actor that not very many people in the casual audience would know. The studio would probably be pushing for a bigger actor that's similar to Dafoe or Molina.

As mentioned above....this is probably just Campbell wishing out loud....

Danny
15-Sep-2009, 09:03 PM

eww dude, that fails for even mentioning megan fox's stupid man-jaw in another flick. seriously, seen her in 2 flicks, no thanks, shes a fucking terrible actress.

krakenslayer
16-Sep-2009, 09:36 AM
Not sure about this. Remember the rumours that Campbell was gonna play The Lizard in the second movie? Also, Bruce is always joking about his appearances in the Spidey movies, playing up the fact that he gave Spiderman his name in the first film, and claiming that (playing the Snooty Maitre'D) he was the only villain to actually defeat Peter Parker/Spiderman by disallowing him access to a theatre. Maybe he's talking about a similarly "major" role in Spidey 4? :)