PDA

View Full Version : Ghosthunters - Oh dear!

Neil
16-Sep-2009, 06:03 PM
Seems they're no more trust worthy than other shows :(

ZlM-Uy8ODYQ

MinionZombie
16-Sep-2009, 06:15 PM
Seems they're no more trust worthy than other shows :(

ZlM-Uy8ODYQ
I inherently distrust any TV show filmed in night vision.

Especially ones with "orbs" ... that are in fact specks of dust highlighted by a night vision camera as it catches in a shaft of light, surfing an air wave.

These sorts of shows are retarded.

bassman
16-Sep-2009, 06:27 PM
I inherently distrust any TV show filmed in night vision.

Those two sentences say it all, right there...

capncnut
16-Sep-2009, 06:36 PM
cSYyX6LLHmc
Talking of shifty hands. ;)

Danny
16-Sep-2009, 06:53 PM
'taint working for me, love the show but honestly, if any of these shows found irrefutable proof it'd be on the news.

MikePizzoff
16-Sep-2009, 07:44 PM
Especially ones with "orbs" ... that are in fact specks of dust highlighted by a night vision camera as it catches in a shaft of light, surfing an air wave.

I understand you haven't watched Ghosthunters because you assume it's the same as the other shows in this genre, but I must tell you that they don't EVER use "orbs" for anything. They're the first ones to straight-up say "Orbs are useless evidence. Specks of dust and tiny bugs do not prove paranormal activity." That's all I'm sayin.

Neil
16-Sep-2009, 07:50 PM
I understand you haven't watched Ghosthunters because you assume it's the same as the other shows in this genre, but I must tell you that they don't EVER use "orbs" for anything. They're the first ones to straight-up say "Orbs are useless evidence. Specks of dust and tiny bugs do not prove paranormal activity." That's all I'm sayin.

This is what annoyed me as they always appeared to be pretty realistic, fair and honest about things... Yet that clip seems to show otherwise :(

MinionZombie
16-Sep-2009, 07:59 PM

I was speaking generally about these retarded shows, not specifically about Ghost Hunters ... but yeah, they're all retarded.

cSYyX6LLHmc
Talking of shifty hands. ;)

:lol:

Here's a tip - if you're going to fake a wobbly table, remove the table cloth first. :p

AcesandEights
16-Sep-2009, 08:45 PM
I actually enjoyed the show the few times I've seen it, but who didn't see this coming? In fact, I would have figured there would have been some earlier (and there may, in fact, be) evidence of shadiness and or gimmickry.

That said, it's a fun and well presented show. I know I'll make an effort to watch it a few times during the run up to Halloween.

kortick
16-Sep-2009, 11:09 PM
These 'paranormal experts' have their office
about 20 minutes from my house, and a guy I
went to high school with is a member of the team
and was on a few shows.

I don't trust any ghosthunters who unclog toilets
and fix frozen water pipes.

They are just guys who got lucky cuz sci fi
took an interest in them and gave them a show.

The show is boring to me, and if they are faking it
then shame on them for having a boring fake show.

MikePizzoff
17-Sep-2009, 11:45 AM
The show is boring to me, and if they are faking it
then shame on them for having a boring fake show.

That's the number one reason I don't think their show is fake - because I'd say probably 75% of their episodes NOTHING HAPPENS. Whereas all these other shows have everything happen everywhere they go; they could be in a McDonalds bathroom and they'd think of something to claim it was haunted.

MinionZombie
17-Sep-2009, 12:15 PM
That's the number one reason I don't think their show is fake - because I'd say probably 75% of their episodes NOTHING HAPPENS. Whereas all these other shows have everything happen everywhere they go; they could be in a McDonalds bathroom and they'd think of something to claim it was haunted.
Haunted by someone's indigestible burger leavings...:elol:

bassman
17-Sep-2009, 01:35 PM
So if nothing ever really happens on this show and when it does it's as fake as this video.....what's the point in watching?:confused:

MikePizzoff
17-Sep-2009, 04:18 PM
So if nothing ever really happens on this show and when it does it's as fake as this video.....what's the point in watching?:confused:

I never said it was as fake as that video.

Also, as far as that video goes... it's just made by a manipulative hater of the show for people that don't actually watch the show (IE: most of you in this thread)... here's what I have to say:

As far as the camera leaving Grant's hand at the alcove: You can clearly see before he enters the alcove, there is a chair with nothing on it. The camera turns away. When it turns back, you can (also clearly) see that Grant's camera is now sitting on that chair. They constantly leave their cameras in areas while doing investigations.

Now, for the collar tug, there have been many occasions which Grant has stated he didn't feel like he could say it was a ghost pulling on his collar. I've heard (and read) him talking about how he was messing with his wireless mic trying to adjust it (probably hence what his right hand was doing the whole time) and that he believed his collar being tugged could have very easily been the wire from the mic getting caught on something in his jacket, hence forcing the collar to appear as if it's being tugged. Of course at the time of it happening, he didn't have a chance to think about it and his adrenaline was going so naturally he was bewildered. Also, when you watch the reveal for this particular episode (and others too), it is heavily edited, so when they reveal the coat snag, I feel the producers were like "No, this has to be scary. Make it seem like they're saying it WAS a ghost."

Neil
18-Sep-2009, 08:21 AM
I never said it was as fake as that video.

Also, as far as that video goes... it's just made by a manipulative hater of the show for people that don't actually watch the show (IE: most of you in this thread)... here's what I have to say:

As far as the camera leaving Grant's hand at the alcove: You can clearly see before he enters the alcove, there is a chair with nothing on it. The camera turns away. When it turns back, you can (also clearly) see that Grant's camera is now sitting on that chair. They constantly leave their cameras in areas while doing investigations.

Now, for the collar tug, there have been many occasions which Grant has stated he didn't feel like he could say it was a ghost pulling on his collar. I've heard (and read) him talking about how he was messing with his wireless mic trying to adjust it (probably hence what his right hand was doing the whole time) and that he believed his collar being tugged could have very easily been the wire from the mic getting caught on something in his jacket, hence forcing the collar to appear as if it's being tugged. Of course at the time of it happening, he didn't have a chance to think about it and his adrenaline was going so naturally he was bewildered. Also, when you watch the reveal for this particular episode (and others too), it is heavily edited, so when they reveal the coat snag, I feel the producers were like "No, this has to be scary. Make it seem like they're saying it WAS a ghost."

That's interesting, and maybe makes me reconsider...

Here's another issue though:-
es9w8oBSBw0

SymphonicX
18-Sep-2009, 08:32 AM
having worked with someone who made these shows....

I know the secrets!

Eyebiter
18-Sep-2009, 05:52 PM
It's basically a TRAVEL CHANNEL show with a bit of "paranormal" embellishment added in to spice things up for the Syfy channel demographic.

Will give them credit in one respect, they have done shows in some great locations including Winchester House, RMS Queen Mary ocean liner, USS Lexington and USS Hornet Aircraft Carriers, various light houses, sanitariums, and hotels.

AcesandEights
18-Sep-2009, 06:07 PM
having worked with someone who made these shows....

I know the secrets!

A mixture of nerve and sense gases they use to induce hallucinations? The people think they're seeing ghosts and call these bozos, who conveniently show up to get rid of the problem with a fake tv show?

Something like that?

SymphonicX
19-Sep-2009, 08:17 AM
A mixture of nerve and sense gases they use to induce hallucinations? The people think they're seeing ghosts and call these bozos, who conveniently show up to get rid of the problem with a fake tv show?

Something like that?

Basically, but replace "sense gases" with Crack and you're about right... :D

C5NOTLD
19-Sep-2009, 11:17 PM
In this day and age you had better come up with better evidence debunking than that youtube clip. The skeptics always want hard clear evidence of hauntings but are always quick to piece together weak debunkings.

Kinda reminds me of those who claim the moon landing was faked and they use the tv footage in attempt to make their case.

Ah the internet age where everyone is an expert. :)

Debbieangel
25-Nov-2009, 09:12 PM
cH8FPaG8yQ

I don't know if Donna LaCroix has an axe to grind but, I can remember on some shows she wasn't able to go on different locations she wasn't able to go because of her job. On this youtube it she says she is almost bankrubpt...I dunno you decide what you think?
I was thinking you all might find this interesting!
Sorry Neil I know you liked Ghost Hunters..I have been an avid watcher since the first show and have never missed an episode. This really saddens me that they are faking this stuff. They really seemed sincere atleast at first, I think they just went HOLLYWOOD and let the producers dictate whatever happens on their show. It is a shame really, it puts a very bad name to those that truly try to find the paranormal out there.
It is also a shame they were good at it at first, now its all a putup job. :(

capncnut
26-Nov-2009, 01:28 AM
Been saying this for ages and to think the cheeky twats tried to 'out' Most Haunted on their radio show earlier this year. :rolleyes:

Neil
26-Nov-2009, 05:48 AM
cH8FPaG8yQ

I don't know if Donna LaCroix has an axe to grind but, I can remember on some shows she wasn't able to go on different locations she wasn't able to go because of her job. On this youtube it she says she is almost bankrubpt...I dunno you decide what you think?
I was thinking you all might find this interesting!
Sorry Neil I know you liked Ghost Hunters..I have been an avid watcher since the first show and have never missed an episode. This really saddens me that they are faking this stuff. They really seemed sincere atleast at first, I think they just went HOLLYWOOD and let the producers dictate whatever happens on their show. It is a shame really, it puts a very bad name to those that truly try to find the paranormal out there.
It is also a shame they were good at it at first, now its all a putup job. :(
Video?

capncnut
26-Nov-2009, 08:05 AM
Here you go, Neil.

cH8FPaG8yQk

ZombieGrrL
30-Nov-2009, 08:07 AM
I take all these shows with a grain of salt because at the end of the day, this show exists to make money. Of course they're going to embellish things that happen, otherwise it's going to be a boring show.

Take it as entertainment - a interesting show to see every now and again - and not groundbreaking paranormal evidence because you can't trust anything you didn't "experience" yourself.

Danny
30-Nov-2009, 08:16 AM
I take all these shows with a grain of salt because at the end of the day, this show exists to make money. Of course they're going to embellish things that happen, otherwise it's going to be a boring show.

Take it as entertainment - a interesting show to see every now and again - and not groundbreaking paranormal evidence because you can't trust anything you didn't "experience" yourself.

These shows are all fake, the thing no one thinks of is, if they were real, there would be a news report saying something like "HOLY SHIT, GHOSTS EXIST, LETS ASK THE POPE ABOUT THIS SHIT!!!!"