PDA

View Full Version : dog fighting in chicago...

Mike70
17-Sep-2009, 11:58 AM
dog lovers beware, this isn't a pleasant story. it's about how widespread dog fighting is in the poorest neighborhoods in chicago. it's a pretty disgusting tale. the thing that makes is really disturbing is that much of the story deals with how kids get involved in dog fighting.

one of the more grisly details is the cutting off of the dog's ears, so they'll go for the throat faster.

this is a 14 year old boy talking about dog fighting:

"I used to fight dogs in the back of buildings and abandoned garages. I went through almost 100 dogs, fighting them, just doing what I wanted to do with them, for no apparent reason," says the boy, who calls his current dog Tiger.

He said he would find dogs in the neighbourhood and take them to fight.

If their subsequent injuries turned out to be too severe, he would leave them on the ground, the boy says.

Some dogs were picked up by the police, or he would tie a dog to a tree and walk away.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8255660.stm

Tricky
17-Sep-2009, 12:06 PM
Absolutely disgusting,sickens me that in this day & age people still get involved with dogfighting! Once a few years ago when I was out walking my Staffordshire bull terrier some pikeys in a van pulled up alongside me offering a lot of money for my dog, it was pretty obvious they wanted him for fighting, they would have had to have killed me first to get the dog from me :mad: