PDA

View Full Version : Dtothe4 or Shetothe3?

Dtothe3
17-Sep-2009, 08:27 PM
First scan was today, It works out at three months and one day, probably due on the 31st of March.

I can't help but think that I'm still incredibly young to be having kids. Before today, I knew my other was pregnant, but seeing the picture on screen is something else entirely. Hope I'm good enough at this daddy lark.

:)

(edit - sorry for the grainy photo, but this is the best I could manage)

SymphonicX
18-Sep-2009, 07:59 AM
Congrats!!

ps: I've always thought that having a kid is your chance to change the world...the uncarved block and all that....

Ghost Of War
18-Sep-2009, 08:50 AM
Congrats!!! I have 2 kids, and they do change your world. Enjoy them while they are young, because they grow up sooooo fast.

MinionZombie
18-Sep-2009, 10:03 AM
Congratulations dude.

As far as age, while you are young, I know plenty from my high school year that have got kids in primary school already ... and more than one ... some have got THREE kids already. :eek: They started shelling them out at like 17...

I'm sure you'll rock - and you know what this means - potentially a new Romero fan in-the-making? :)

Dtothe3
18-Sep-2009, 10:09 AM
Cheers dudes. Seems like yesterday that my head whispered "you're fucked" when clearblue gave the reading. But I've grown a bit on the idea. My sisters kid learnt to talk (and talk back) so fast it was unbelievable.

MZ - I have considered making the missus watch zombie movies now to get the baby into the idea :p

capncnut
18-Sep-2009, 11:19 AM
Hope I'm good enough at this daddy lark.
I was a little bit younger than you when I had my boy and it all came naturally. Don't worry about it, while it can test your sanity to it's limits, fatherhood is also fun and rewarding. Congrats!

Danny
18-Sep-2009, 02:30 PM
congrats dude, now prepare to become irrational about adverts during christmas time, telling those dern kids to get off your lawn and wanting any and all music to be turned down form that blasted noise.

bassman
18-Sep-2009, 02:53 PM
Congrats friend!

I don't think you're too young. My daugher is only 14 months old, but I too still remember the day I saw the first "picture" of her and how it really sank in on that day. I guess the next big step is when you see the kid for real. Talk about a life changing experience. And I mean that in the best way possible....

It'll be hard sometimes but it's so much worth it, man. I'm speaking of the early years, of course. I don't have the experience that comes after that yet, so i'm still learning too.

Dtothe3
19-Sep-2009, 01:32 PM
I was a little bit younger than you when I had my boy and it all came naturally. Don't worry about it, while it can test your sanity to it's limits, fatherhood is also fun and rewarding. Congrats!

I lost my sanity a good while ago :) I guess once the baby gets big enough to want to go to theme parks, I can use that as an excuse... :)

congrats dude, now prepare to become irrational about adverts during christmas time, telling those dern kids to get off your lawn and wanting any and all music to be turned down form that blasted noise.

I best get myself a lawn, although round here, telling the kids to stay off the grass means something else entirely. I dunno about the music though, I'm still a rocker/metal head methinks.

Congrats friend!

I don't think you're too young. My daugher is only 14 months old, but I too still remember the day I saw the first "picture" of her and how it really sank in on that day. I guess the next big step is when you see the kid for real. Talk about a life changing experience. And I mean that in the best way possible....

It'll be hard sometimes but it's so much worth it, man. I'm speaking of the early years, of course. I don't have the experience that comes after that yet, so i'm still learning too.

Yeah I can't imagine the effect of seeing they baby, that little picture was something else itself. I've seen scans of other peoples kids and thought nothing of it. Seeing my own kids was just a bit... "Wow".