PDA

View Full Version : zombie shooting targets for "military and law enforcement training"

Danny
18-Sep-2009, 01:43 AM
http://www.letargets.com/zombies.aspx

got a chuckle from these, god knows theres plenty of gun enthusiasts whod want them, and many crazy people now justified in there assertion that the goverment knows the zombocalypse is coming.

AcesandEights
22-Sep-2009, 06:31 PM
http://www.letargets.com/zombies.aspx

got a chuckle from these, god knows theres plenty of gun enthusiasts whod want them, and many crazy people now justified in there assertion that the goverment knows the zombocalypse is coming.

You know these people are in it to make money, they included Nazi Zombies (always a good thing, imo)!

Hans & Frans
The Axis Tank Commander & his last loyal soldier

These fuckers came to play!

JeffFish3r
03-May-2013, 08:44 PM
If you guys are looking for some unique targets, check this site out. shootingtargets7.com
One of my favorite is the gongs.

Wyldwraith
04-May-2013, 08:08 AM
TBH,
It wouldn't be a bad thing if we stopped training our law enforcement and rank-and-file soldiers to exclusively hit the center mass. Given the advent of light weight and affordable ballistic vests, that are easily accessible through civilian channels (as is raw kevlar and the ceramic backing-plates, for those who wish to tailor their own bullet-resistant garments) it wouldn't be a bad thing if regular cops and riflemen could turn off the light switch as competently as they land center-mass shots.

Yes, I understand that part of the reason headshots aren't included, and in some cases aren't even emphasized for SNIPER training is the psychological impact of looking at the face of the individual you're about to kill. It's much less traumatic to focus on say, the second button from the top of the guy's button-down shirt then his blue eyes....but a) There's the ballistic vest issue....which the North Hollywood robbery highlighted so gruesomely, and b) There are situations where the target needs to die INSTANTLY. Not get hit, fall down bleeding heavily, and then go into shock, lose consciousness and die ten seconds later. There are many cases of larger than average men taking 2-4 AR-15/M-16 rounds center mass, and surviving long enough to take one or more lives after being hit.

What if we're talking about a hijacking scenario. The terrorist(s) have smuggled a bomb onto a plane, despite all our intensified security, and the lead terrorist has the detonator in hand. Wouldn't it be prudent to include in the Air Marshal training how to execute a headshot under high-stress conditions? Sure, 98.5% of the time a triple-tap to the torso will fell the most belligerent of hostiles....but the other 1.5% of the time is worth considering, given how many lives might be riding on one man's one shot in a do-or-die situation.

Just a thought. Personally, I think it should be a standard, albeit secondary part of basic firearms training for law enforcement and the military. After all, sometimes the crime-show-type scenario, where the killer has a knife to the throat of a hostage actually happens. I don't think saying "Sir...Ma'am, we're sorry but we didn't consider training our people to take precision headshots to be the best investment of their limited training time" if the mother and father will be burying their child because the regular uniformed officer who happened to be the one on the scene wasn't able to put a round in the skull of the psycho before said psycho cut their son/daughter's throat.

Publius
06-May-2013, 11:32 PM
Personally, I think it should be a standard, albeit secondary part of basic firearms training for law enforcement and the military.

It is part of standard training in the military today (that's how I was trained in the USAF): the "failure drill," two rounds to center mass followed by one to the head if those aren't effective. Many law enforcement agencies train in the failure drill as well, though acceptance is uneven. Some agencies teach to aim the third round for the pelvic girdle instead, as it's a larger target than the head but similarly unprotected in body-armor-wearing perps and effective for immobilization.

Wyldwraith
10-May-2013, 06:20 PM
The standardization of the practice was what I was referencing,
Plus, failure to stop drills don't emphasize the same skill subset as taking a single shot in a very brief interval, and perhaps not even from a stable/established shooter's stance (like the aforementioned air marshal, can be hard to take a good stance if for some reason you can't make it out into the aisle...and given how airplanes are CONSTANTLY trying to squeeze more more and still MORE seats into planes, the cramped spacing is only going to grow worse as time goes on.

Not that I have anything against the failure-to-stop. It's a prudent well-respected secondary tactic.