PDA

View Full Version : Street Trash

SymphonicX
18-Sep-2009, 10:27 AM
Anyone remember this awesome "melt" movie? It was a dark comedy that had tramps buying bizarre booze from a dodgy shop and melting on the spot - some of the gore sequences were gut renching and hilarious at the same time...and has probably the best shoplifting scene in any movie...I had it on VHS years ago, I can't even remember where we got it from...but damn it used to make me laugh when I was 13 or so...Anyone else experienced this recently? I'm hunting for a DVD copy as we speak :)

PS it was a Roy Frumkes movie nonetheless...

major jay
18-Sep-2009, 11:04 AM
I've never seen this flick, but it's been released in the U.S. by Synapse films.

http://www.synapse-films.com/DVD/6/Street_Trash_Two-Disc_Meltdown_Edition.html

Two-Disc Meltdown Edition!!
The bums are lining up for their deaths like moths at a flame, and Fred standing right there amongst them. STREET TRASH is the subversive cult classic horror-comedy that rode the last wave of super-gore in the late '80s before the curtain fell on such outrageous material and we entered an era of safe, "R" rated horror flicks and endless, unoriginal remakes. Synapse Films is proud to present the 2-DVD Special Meltdown Edition of the 80s gore classic, STREET TRASH. Over four years in the making, this 2 DVD set contains the amazing two-hour documentary, THE MELTDOWN MEMOIRS.

SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
- New Anamorphic Widescreen [1.78:1] Mastered in High-Definition
- New DD5.1 Remix and Original 2.0 Mono Soundtrack
- Two Audio Commentaries Featuring Producer Roy Frumkes and Director James Muro
- THE MELTDOWN MEMOIRS - All-New TWO HOUR Documentary on the History and making of STREET TRASH
- STREET TRASH - Original 16mm Short Film That Inspired the Movie
- Long Lost, Never-Before-Seen STREET TRASH Promotional Teaser
- Behind-The-Scenes Still Gallery
- Original Theatrical Trailer

capncnut
18-Sep-2009, 11:16 AM
Gotta love Street Trash, it's a classic. I think it's doing the rounds on Zone Horror too.

SymphonicX
18-Sep-2009, 11:34 AM
REALLY? Wow...I shall defo have to keep an eye out for that...wonder if the necro scene remains?! lolz

bassman
18-Sep-2009, 11:36 AM
Never seen it, but I've always heard about it. I actually saw a spot on G4 the other day that was highlighting the film...

MinionZombie
18-Sep-2009, 11:45 AM
I've seen clips of it ... not sure if I've got a copy or not ... must have a rummage around.

Tricky
18-Sep-2009, 12:04 PM
One of my old mates from my teens had this on VHS, i remember watching it & thinking "WTF" all the way through, but it was entertaining!doesnt some guy get killed with an exploding fire extinguisher or gas bottle at the end?

kortick
18-Sep-2009, 12:11 PM
yeah i saw it at a midnight show years ago.

the new dvd is great and has the necro scene
as well as the 'penis toss' as well.

there are some scenes on you tube from it if
anyone wants to see a bit of the film.

Its about this sleazy liquor store owner who
while cleaning out his basement finds a case of booze
called 'blue vyper' which he sells to the local bums for
a dollar a bottle. Only problem is it melts anyone who drinks it.
Add to that a lunatic vietnam vet bum living in a junkyard,
a mafia don putting a hit on a bum and a less than by the books cop
(love how after he beats the guy up he sticks his finger down
his throat and pukes on him).

Filmed in NY using real homeless people.

great line "when i said your girlfriend stunk, i meant
she stunk of beauty".

And Sarah the girl friend is gotta be THE ugliest thing....

major jay
18-Sep-2009, 11:45 PM
I just watched this on youtube. What a great movie! It reminded me, looks wise, of Dawn Of The Dead.

krakenslayer
19-Sep-2009, 08:55 AM
Came across a copy of this on DVD in a merch tent when I was at Bloodstock in August. At that moment in time, I had no cash and the guy running the stall didn't take cards, and by the time I next stopped by it was gone...

Just thought I'd share that interesting story with you. :D

Purge
19-Sep-2009, 11:39 PM
We have the 2 DVD set from Synapse at work (Netflix). It's one of the best horror/comedies of the 80's, IMO--sorta like a cross between John Waters and The Evil Dead. The bonus DVD has lots of interviews and fun stuff.

MikePizzoff
20-Sep-2009, 04:23 PM
For those of you with Netflix on your XBOX... you can watch it right now!

SymphonicX
20-Sep-2009, 04:49 PM
No way!!

MikePizzoff
20-Sep-2009, 05:04 PM
No way!!

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Street_Trash/70055735?lnkce=seRtLn&trkid=222336&strkid=1219512496_0_0&strackid=261381a5b2b54e9_0_srl

Enjoy!

capncnut
26-Dec-2009, 04:34 PM
2 disc UK only special edition of Street Trash released next month.

One of the most outrageous and unforgettable cult classics of 1980s schlock cinema, the gross-out horror-comedy STREET TRASH comes to DVD in January 2010 as a special two-disc edition, not only completely restored and totally uncut, but also loaded with over two hours of extra features including a brand new, exclusive to the UK interview with actress Jane Arakawa (who plays Wendy in the movie) plus a comprehensive, feature-length look back at the making of the film through the eyes of the creative talents responsible for bringing this insane gore-fest to the screen. This release also comes with a reversible sleeve that gives fans the choice of displaying the movie's original UK rental video artwork or a newly commissioned piece of oil painting artwork, plus a poster of the same.

Click (http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_17241.html) for more details.

Purge
27-Dec-2009, 05:48 PM
Cool! Jane was M.I.A. from the original interviews.