PDA

View Full Version : Science ponders "the zombie attack"...

MinionZombie
18-Sep-2009, 10:33 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8206280.stm

If zombies actually existed, an attack by them would lead to the collapse of civilisation unless dealt with quickly and aggressively.

That is the conclusion of a mathematical exercise carried out by researchers in Canada.

They say only frequent counter-attacks with increasing force would eradicate the fictional creatures.

:cool:

Mike70
18-Sep-2009, 11:47 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8206280.stm

:cool:

i find it nothing short of incredible, how zombies have gone from a group of horror freak's favorite monster to something that has penetrated our entire culture.

i bet if you would have brought this idea up 25 years among the academic community, you would've been laughed out of the room. nowadays though, the idea of using zombies as "stand-ins" for some as yet unknown but rapidly spreading infection, is perfectly acceptable and might be an ideal way to catch the interest of folks who otherwise wouldn't find this kind of research interesting.

bassman
18-Sep-2009, 11:55 AM
i find it nothing short of incredible how zombies have gone from a group of horror freak's favorite monster to something that has penetrated our entire culture.

Yeah, it's funny aint it? Could you imagine them pondering the situation if it were a bunch of Frankenstein's monsters or vampires? It's weird that they've accepted zombies and thought about what would happen. Almost like we have around here.:p

Mike70
18-Sep-2009, 03:35 PM
It's weird that they've accepted zombies and thought about what would happen. Almost like we have around here.:p

i've always known that we were ahead of our time.:lol:

or maybe romero is some modern day nostradamus.:stunned::eek:

MikePizzoff
18-Sep-2009, 05:31 PM
Hm, wasn't this a thread on here about a month ago? I didn't read the article because I believe it's the same that was posted before, so if it is the same, I'll say this to the scientists: Zombies need to be dealt with quickly and aggressively?! TELL US SOMETHING WE DON'T KNOW!

SRP76
18-Sep-2009, 06:19 PM
TELL US SOMETHING WE DON'T KNOW!

One in every ten zombies secretly wishes he were Michael Jackson.

MikePizzoff
18-Sep-2009, 07:37 PM
One in every ten zombies secretly wishes he were Michael Jackson.

No wonder so many showed up for the casting call of Thriller...

sandrock74
18-Sep-2009, 10:47 PM
I think zombies are used as a "stand in" for as yet undetermined things, due to how zombies can easily represent a contagion. A few cases, if not properly diagnosed/treated, can quickly spread and become a full blown pandemic. Sounds familiar, right?