PDA

View Full Version : Smashing Pumpkins fans

capncnut
18-Sep-2009, 11:32 AM
There's a new album on the way, it's a triple, it's got 44 songs, it's called Teargarden By Kaleidyscope, and it's FREE!

Here's the deal, starting in October, Corgan is going to release one song for download every couple of weeks. Once four have been released, he will put out a limited edition EP of those songs for collectors. This process will be repeated until all 11 EP's are out - this will make up a very limited box set of the album. Once the box set is out, Corgan will put out the triple CD.

So it's completely up to you how you want to have the album, free, rare or regular. Corgan is currently in the studio with his new drummer, Mike Byrne, knocking out the first batch of songs. While I'm not overly delighted with the nu-Pumpkins, I think it will be an interesting project.

MinionZombie
18-Sep-2009, 11:46 AM
Free eh? :sneaky::)

You know what band I do need a CD from? Ringo Deathstarr ... it's impossible to find their EP(s) on CD ... can easily find them to buy on MP3 ... but I'd rather have an album with all them and more on, you know? They've been fannying around for ages without an album yet released.

Anyway...I've dabbled in Pumpkins, so I'll have to remember to check this out.

Do post a link as-and-when would you, good sir? No doubt I'll go and forget. :D

Danny
18-Sep-2009, 02:33 PM
never really got into pumpkins, but the end is the beginning of the end is one of the all time best slow rock songs.

bassman
18-Sep-2009, 02:57 PM
never really got into pumpkins, but the end is the beginning of the end is one of the all time best slow rock songs.

The Watchmen trailer, right?;) That was a kick ass trailer. Too bad this song was also on Batman and Robin. *shivers*

I like some of the Pumpkin's stuff, but never got really into them. Corgan's voice gets on my nerves sometimes, but he's a damn fine writer.

MinionZombie
18-Sep-2009, 06:01 PM
Slow rock song ... well, that version of it.

Isn't the album version the fast rocky one? I'd never heard the slow version before actually, so I was a bit "this is familar, but why?" with the Watchmen trailer, until I cottoned on.

bassman
18-Sep-2009, 06:10 PM
Slow rock song ... well, that version of it.

Isn't the album version the fast rocky one? I'd never heard the slow version before actually, so I was a bit "this is familar, but why?" with the Watchmen trailer, until I cottoned on.

Yeah. They're the same song...but different.:p

They also switch up the name and it's confusing as fook...

capncnut
18-Sep-2009, 08:08 PM
That's the fast one, Hells. The slow one is called 'The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning'.

Then you have an instrumental acoustic version called 'The Ethers Tragic' and an instrumental classical version called 'The Guns Of Love Disastrous'. :D

axlish
18-Sep-2009, 08:20 PM
Lets keep those free links rollin' through here as they come, ey Capn?

DubiousComforts
20-Sep-2009, 03:39 PM
I like some of the Pumpkin's stuff, but never got really into them. Corgan's voice gets on my nerves sometimes, but he's a damn fine writer.
I entirely agree. Corgan is a great songwriter trapped in the body of a non-vocalist, just like Bob Dylan.

My only problem with Smashing Pumpkins besides the awful vocals is that when they try really hard to be "dark" and "alternative," it just sounds forced. Knock it off and just write music, dammit. "1979" is one of the greatest pop songs of the last ten years or so, though I'm sure there are tons of people that could never bring themselves to admit that because it's not "edgy" enough.

Major kudos to Corgan & co. for breaking the corporate stranglehold and giving their music away for free.

MinionZombie
20-Sep-2009, 07:59 PM
I entirely agree. Corgan is a great songwriter trapped in the body of a non-vocalist, just like Bob Dylan.

My only problem with Smashing Pumpkins besides the awful vocals is that when they try really hard to be "dark" and "alternative," it just sounds forced. Knock it off and just write music, dammit. "1979" is one of the greatest pop songs of the last ten years or so, though I'm sure there are tons of people that could never bring themselves to admit that because it's not "edgy" enough.

Major kudos to Corgan & co. for breaking the corporate stranglehold and giving their music away for free.
"1979" is awesome. Love that track.

Danny
20-Sep-2009, 09:23 PM
That's the fast one, Hells. The slow one is called 'The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning'.

one day ill get those two right.

just not any time soon.

Spider
21-Sep-2009, 01:03 PM
Probably the first band I ever got into when I was a teenager & a band that I still listen to quite often. I haven't really kept up with their new stuff but I'm a fan of all of their older stuff. I'd say that Siamese Dream is my favorite album of theirs but I'm also quite fond of MACHINA.

Pretty cool news about the new album. :cool:

capncnut
18-Nov-2009, 06:53 PM
The first four songs are done and the first of eleven EP's will be released in January. Freebie hunters will be able to download the first song at the end of the month with all four being released before the release of the EP.

Tracklisting:
1. Song For A Son
2. Astral Planes
3. A Stitch In Time
4. Widow Wake My Mind

Oh, and a couple of videos. First off a nice little show-off from new drummer Mike Byrne, just to set the Chamberlin mourners straight.

_TfLEiFemPQ
And a live performance of Astral Planes by Billy's side group Spirits In The Sky. While there are three current Pumpkins members in this line-up (Billy Corgan, Kerry Brown and Mike Byrne), the song is supposedly a bit different than this version.

hylYUUctAWg
That is all for now. Song download links will be posted when I get 'em.

capncnut
19-Nov-2009, 11:08 AM
Oh and there's Set The Ray To Jerry too.

YZZgfQYzZGY