PDA

View Full Version : Survival....SNEAK PEAK!

SymphonicX
18-Sep-2009, 11:45 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yDzIZCwGokw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yDzIZCwGokw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Very worth watching!!

hmm

rongravy
18-Sep-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks for that. Stuff on this movie has been hard to find. I sure hope it finds its way here. I managed to see Diary twice before it was gone at the theater. The sad thing was that it was only out for a week. Although the dvd will be added to the collection, I'd really like to see it on the big screen. Diary and Land were awesome, but I was too young for the others. Please let it be out so I can bask in its glory?

Cinerary
21-Sep-2009, 05:06 PM
Haha, I know it is not just me, but what is with the "They Live" music to it. Way to similiar. :D

I am really on the fence with this flick. the whole western theme is throwing me off. I won't judge 'till I see though.

krakenslayer
21-Sep-2009, 05:16 PM
Haha, I know it is not just me, but what is with the "They Live" music to it. Way to similiar. :D

Not just similar, that's the real music from They Live. Don't worry, it's not taken from the Survival soundtrack - that clip was originally shown at some convention months ago, even before shooting wrapped, and originally appeared online around the same time (in a low-quality, shot-by-a-fan-with-a-cameraphone version). It's not a new clip, it was put together long before the film was scored.

darth los
21-Sep-2009, 07:40 PM

I am really on the fence with this flick. the whole western theme is throwing me off. I won't judge 'till I see though.

Who knows? Perhaps precisely because of that it might be the greatest zombie flick of all time. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

:cool:

Ivarr
22-Sep-2009, 12:44 PM
Its not just music from They Live... it has music from Escape from NY too.

Two great John Carpenter movies....

Its very common in movie trailers to use music that is not even in the movie itself. (Remember the first trailer for Watchmen?)

I think the director of that clip just needed music that captured the mood and he chose those two bits ....

And seeing as John Carpenter has said that George Romero is one of his heroes.... I think its fitting.

clanglee
23-Sep-2009, 10:28 AM
Yeah, this is just a MUCH better copy of what I have had posted for a long while now.

jded
29-Oct-2009, 05:51 PM
There is a trailer for "Survival" on www.traileraddict.com/trailer/of-the-dead/trailer

I don't know if this has been shown on here in the past but it's the best one I seen so far.

bassman
29-Oct-2009, 06:11 PM
That's a workprint trailer. I believe the money people were putting down cease and desist orders to get it off the net...

darth los
29-Oct-2009, 06:14 PM
That's a workprint trailer. I believe the money people were putting down cease and desist order to get it off the net...

So i guees we better watch it ASAP huh? lol

But nowdays what DOESN'T get leaked. Everything from Videogame trailers to CIA briefings finds it's way into the media one way or another. :sneaky:

:cool:

krakenslayer
29-Oct-2009, 07:54 PM
Can't see the video cos I'm not on my PC - is that the same old "...of the Dead" workprint trailer that has been doing the rounds for the past 10 months? The pre-colour timing, pre-sounds effects, pre-CGI trailer? Or is it a new one?

bassman
29-Oct-2009, 08:42 PM
Can't see the video cos I'm not on my PC - is that the same old "...of the Dead" workprint trailer that has been doing the rounds for the past 10 months?

That's the one. I think it's time they finally give us a completed trailer, damn it.

krakenslayer
29-Oct-2009, 08:49 PM
That's the one. I think it's time they finally give us a completed trailer, damn it.

Indeed it is! Usually trailers are put together by the distributors, and I don't think the US distro deal is finalized yet (or if it is, we don't know about it). Maybe Optimum Releasing over here in the UK will throw us all a boner.

jded
29-Oct-2009, 09:18 PM
So I guess you all seen this one then, too bad. I missed it the first time around. It's ok, be patient, we'll get the definitive US trailer eventually, and when we do the adrenaline will surge and excite us like they always do.

DjfunkmasterG
30-Oct-2009, 12:27 AM
Indeed it is! Usually trailers are put together by the distributors, and I don't think the US distro deal is finalized yet (or if it is, we don't know about it). Maybe Optimum Releasing over here in the UK will throw us all a boner.

They can throw me a bone, but not a boner... I don't swing that way. :p

krakenslayer
30-Oct-2009, 12:30 PM
They can throw me a bone, but not a boner... I don't swing that way. :p

Optimum Releasing: Here... catch!
DjfunkmasterG: Oh okay.... ARHHHGG! NO!!! :lol:

Philly_SWAT
30-Oct-2009, 06:35 PM
Thanks for that. Stuff on this movie has been hard to find. I sure hope it finds its way here.
Does ANYTHING find its way to NW Arkansas? :)

I hope it is as good as They Live, They Live kicked major ass!!

Ever see the Star Trek TNG episode "A Fistful of Datas"? The western theme was totally cool, one of my favorite Star Trek episodes ever. Hopefully the same will occur with SOTD.

AcesandEights
30-Oct-2009, 06:45 PM
Ever see the Star Trek TNG episode "A Fistful of Datas"? The western theme was totally cool, one of my favorite Star Trek episodes ever. Hopefully the same will occur with SOTD.

Let's hope it's nothing like that Western themed Battle Star Galactica episode where Starbuck had to take on Red Eye :eek: Although, I still somewhat enjoyed that when I was a kid, so...