PDA

View Full Version : can someone explain Ken Foree's credit for The Terminator on main page?

SymphonicX
18-Sep-2009, 01:21 PM
Just wondering if I'm going mad here...but Ken Foree has an uncredited "credit" for The Terminator on the main Dawn page on this site...

The Terminator [1984], Actor-Uncredited

- can someone explain that to me?! Where's Ken?!

Tricky
18-Sep-2009, 01:37 PM
Not sure if im right without rewatching it, but Im thinking he was maybe the police officer from the beginning of the film when Reese asks what year it is?

SymphonicX
18-Sep-2009, 02:19 PM
nooooooooo way, that guy was white/hispanic at best...

Tricky
18-Sep-2009, 02:37 PM
Hmmm nothing else springs to mind, unless he's in Tech Noir or the police station when Arnie goes on the rampage?

SymphonicX
18-Sep-2009, 02:51 PM
Hmm i'm desperate to know now...if anyone knows and can provide a screencap, that'd be awesome...

krakenslayer
18-Sep-2009, 02:52 PM
nooooooooo way, that guy was white/hispanic at best...

There were a few cops. The one that Reese corners was, iirc, black - but he looked and sounded very different to Ken...

Maybe he was one of the soldiers in the future war scenes? He would be next to unrecognizable in all the headgear and combat armour.

bassman
18-Sep-2009, 02:55 PM
This credit isn't on his IMDB page from what I see. And they put up every credit, don't they? So maybe this is an error?

SymphonicX
18-Sep-2009, 02:57 PM
If you search for "Ken Foree Terminator" on google it certainly lists him in the movie all over the web - but doesn't give a character name...

krakenslayer
18-Sep-2009, 03:07 PM
The filmographies on HPotD look like they were lifted from IMDB, as so all the other references to Foree's involvement in The Terminator found on Google. I'm sure I remember seeing mention of The Terminator in his IMDB filmography in the past, so it seems like it's been on IMDB long enough to disseminate before being removed for whatever reason (by which time the "fact" of Foree's role has already spread elsewhere).

I guess the only way we'll know for sure about this is if someone asks Foree himself at a convention or something.

SymphonicX
18-Sep-2009, 03:16 PM
damn, I met him years ago ....just wish I knew!!

SRP76
18-Sep-2009, 03:35 PM
It is the cop. Same voice, and looks exactly like him. Where in hell are people getting "doesn't look like him" and "white guy" from?!

I_VuEifGQdk&feature=related

Around 7:30 to 8:30.

SymphonicX
18-Sep-2009, 03:44 PM
wtf dude that is NOT ken foree - granted he isn't white or hispanic but seriously....unless I'm going mad...that looks nothing like him!!!

OK so I took screen caps in fullscreen mode but they won't upload as I can't resize them on this computer....

I'm doubting my sanity - I swear that cop has Ken's trademark birth mark on his forehead....but I thought it was more to the side of his head not in the middle...

SRP76
18-Sep-2009, 03:54 PM
wtf dude that is NOT ken foree - granted he isn't white or hispanic but seriously....unless I'm going mad...that looks nothing like him!!!

Same eyes, same nose, same chin, same receding hairline...how does that look "nothing like him"?

He's also 7 years older than he was in Dawn of the Dead, too.

SymphonicX
18-Sep-2009, 03:56 PM
yeah sorry I added to that post - it looks as tho the cop has Ken's trademark birthmark on forehead - so you may be right but I dunno...certain angles of him look nothing like him - and the only time it SOUNDS like Ken is when he screams "Hey!!" at the start of the chase...

krakenslayer
18-Sep-2009, 05:03 PM
That is not Foree. The "Cop in Alleyway" was a credited role (as with almost all speaking roles in Hollywood films), and was played by a guy called Ed Dogan (per IMDB). If Foree is in the film, it must be a non-speaking role, otherwise he'd have got a credit. Which raises the question - why would Carolco pay to fly a jobbing East Coast actor out to LA to shoot a tiny bit part in a low budget film? I think it's a mistake...

MikePizzoff
18-Sep-2009, 05:20 PM
:lol::lol::lol: WOW. Either you really need glasses or you must think all African-Americans look the same, because that guy looks nothing like Ken!

bassman
18-Sep-2009, 05:42 PM
:lol::lol::lol: WOW. Either you really need glasses or you must think all African-Americans look the same, because that guy looks nothing like Ken!

I'm going to have to agree with mike here and the others. That is definitely not Foree. Maybe he's the cop driving the car because I can't really see him, but he's obviously not the one running.:confused:

I'm sticking with mistake...

Tricky
18-Sep-2009, 05:59 PM
Ken Foree
Ken Foree built a substantial career playing toughs, thugs, and heavies on both sides of the law. He maintained a certain amount of prestige for the first decade or so of his acting tenure. Foree debuted as a goon in one of the more critically respected racially themed films of the 1970s: the sports comedy The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars and Motor Kings (1976), starring Richard Pryor and Billy Dee Williams. Foree followed it up with a turn as a National Guardsman valiantly defending his nation against hordes of rampaging zombies (from inside a shopping mall) in the cult classic Dawn of the Dead (1978), played a black sportsman in Phil Kaufman's period piece The Wanderers (1979), and re-teamed with George A. Romero for the medieval fantasy Knightriders (1981). Small roles in two critically respected A-listers -- James Cameron's The Terminator (1984) and Richard Pryor's Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling (1986) -- did much to cement Foree's reputation as a reliable player

Still doesnt say exactly what he did in there mind!

SymphonicX
19-Sep-2009, 08:04 AM
hmm, its so confusing....if you look at the scene when the cops first enter the clothes store and are shining their torches - that "what year" cop looks very much like Ken...similar build too...

But yeah I'm divided...I can see both arguments but now that the cop's real name has been exposed, I am in serious doubt!

Tricky
19-Sep-2009, 10:31 AM
The only other part I can really think of is when Arnie storms the police station one of the first cops he shoots is a black officer sat at his desk on the phone,but it happens so quickly you dont see his face!dammit he's in there somewhere :p

Trancelikestate
19-Sep-2009, 10:53 AM
stunt? uncredited? background? surely not recognizable or we would have known already.

kortick
19-Sep-2009, 11:39 AM
Did anyone call California State House and ask Arnold?

But serious, all I can find as a credit for him is as 'Customer'
whatever the hell that is.

Cast
Arnold Schwarzenegger - Terminator
Michael Biehn - Kyle Reese
Linda Hamilton - Sarah Connor
Paul Winfield - Traxler
Lance Henriksen - Vukovich
Rick Rossovich - Matt; Bess Motta - Ginger; Earl Boen - Silberman; Franco Columbu - Future Terminator; Hugh Farrington - Customer; Ken Foree; Ken Fritz - Policeman; Philip Gordon - Mexican Boy; Bruce M. Kerner - Desk Sergeant; Harriet Medin - Customer; Dick Miller - Pawn Shop Clerk; Leslie Morris - Customer; Marianne Muellerleile - Wrong Sarah; Bill Paxton - Punk Leader; David Hyde Pierce - Tanker Partner; Patrick Pinney - Bar Customer; James Ralston - Customer; Brad Reardon - Punk; Shawn Schepps - Nancy; Chino "Fats" Williams - Truck Driver; Brian Thompson - Punk; Joe Farago - TV Anchorman; Norman Friedman - Cleaning Man; Hettie Lynne Hurtes - TV Anchorwoman; Barbara Powers - Ticket Taker; Stan Yale - Derelict; Stanzi Stokes; Tony Mirelez - Station Attendant; William Wisher, Jr. - Policeman

krakenslayer
19-Sep-2009, 12:36 PM
Did anyone call California State House and ask Arnold?

But serious, all I can find as a credit for him is as 'Customer'
whatever the hell that is.

Cast
Arnold Schwarzenegger - Terminator
Michael Biehn - Kyle Reese
Linda Hamilton - Sarah Connor
Paul Winfield - Traxler
Lance Henriksen - Vukovich
Rick Rossovich - Matt; Bess Motta - Ginger; Earl Boen - Silberman; Franco Columbu - Future Terminator; Hugh Farrington - Customer; Ken Foree; Ken Fritz - Policeman; Philip Gordon - Mexican Boy; Bruce M. Kerner - Desk Sergeant; Harriet Medin - Customer; Dick Miller - Pawn Shop Clerk; Leslie Morris - Customer; Marianne Muellerleile - Wrong Sarah; Bill Paxton - Punk Leader; David Hyde Pierce - Tanker Partner; Patrick Pinney - Bar Customer; James Ralston - Customer; Brad Reardon - Punk; Shawn Schepps - Nancy; Chino "Fats" Williams - Truck Driver; Brian Thompson - Punk; Joe Farago - TV Anchorman; Norman Friedman - Cleaning Man; Hettie Lynne Hurtes - TV Anchorwoman; Barbara Powers - Ticket Taker; Stan Yale - Derelict; Stanzi Stokes; Tony Mirelez - Station Attendant; William Wisher, Jr. - Policeman

The format of that cast listing is "Actor - Character" not "Character; Actor". If you look closely, the semicolons are separating the listed entries, not linking characters and actors. So Hugh Farrington is the "customer", and Foree has no character name associated with his entry.