Why'd you sign on for this, Jackie?!

Danny
18-Sep-2009, 02:34 PM
AAARRHGGHHHBBLBLBLLB

fuck everything.

-and my favourites the 2nd one.

DjfunkmasterG
18-Sep-2009, 02:43 PM
I actually have some pretty decent hopes for this. When you think about it, A majority of Will SMith's films are very good films. The only two bombs so to speak are MiB 2 and Wild Wild West, other than that he has a good knack of knowing what is decent, and I think with his involvement this might actually turn out to be something good.

However, if I am wrong I will eat crow. :p

bassman
18-Sep-2009, 02:46 PM
I really don't mind this remake. The original is an okay film, but I don't see why it shouldn't be remade. It wasn't THAT great to begin with....

blind2d
18-Sep-2009, 02:47 PM
This better be a good movie... That's not Jackie Chan! This guy has a moustache!

AcesandEights
18-Sep-2009, 02:56 PM
This kind of sucks. They didn't need to re-make it, just add to the film series.

A majority of Will SMith's films are very good films.

An interesting assertion. However, I had to re-check his filmography and am not completely convinced.

bassman
18-Sep-2009, 02:59 PM
This kind of sucks. They didn't need to re-make it, just add to the film series.

They're giving it a different name. The Kung Fu Kid. I guess that would help to seperate it from original remake material just a smidge?

An interesting assertion. However, I had to re-check his filmography and am not completely convinced.

At the very least you could say that all of his films have been entertaining. I wouldn't necessarily call them all "good", but they're at least entertaining for one viewing.

AcesandEights
18-Sep-2009, 03:59 PM
They're giving it a different name. The Kung Fu Kid. I guess that would help to seperate it from original remake material just a smidge?

Really? Well, that doesn't hurt so much, then.

kortick
18-Sep-2009, 05:05 PM
No.

This is wrong on so many levels.

No.

No. No. No. No.

bassman
18-Sep-2009, 05:44 PM
No.

This is wrong on so many levels.

No.

No. No. No. No.

Why though? Do people really hold the original film that close to their hearts or is this just a general bitch against all remakes?:confused:

BillyRay
18-Sep-2009, 06:02 PM
All I'm saying is that the karate kids in this movie better not be running karate kids, or I'll.......

...uhh...

...wait, hold on, that's a 'Dawn of the Dead' remake.

What were we talking about, again?

rongravy
18-Sep-2009, 08:12 PM
This looks like a piece of crap in the making.
The original was a masterpiece. This would be about as bad as if they tried to remake Teen Wolf or something. Some things are just better left alone.

krakenslayer
18-Sep-2009, 08:21 PM
All I'm saying is that the karate kids in this movie better not be running karate kids, or I'll.......

...uhh...

...wait, hold on, that's a 'Dawn of the Dead' remake.

What were we talking about, again?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

capncnut
18-Sep-2009, 08:49 PM
Why'd you sign on for this, Jackie?!
Erm, because his recent movies blow?

kortick
18-Sep-2009, 09:32 PM
One just doesnt DO it.

Its like polishing a turd.
An impossible process that usually results
in a larger, uglier turd.

Or pouring perfume on a pig.
It still smells like the same
digusting pig.

No. No. No. No.

EvilNed
19-Sep-2009, 12:37 AM
At the very least you could say that all of his films have been entertaining. I wouldn't necessarily call them all "good", but they're at least entertaining for one viewing.

Exhibit A#

I, Robot.

by the way, if a film is meant for entertainment, and it is entertaining, then it is good. There's noway you can call a film "Bad, but still entertaining". Doesn't make sense.

blind2d
21-Sep-2009, 02:19 AM
It's not Jackie! He has a moustache!
Dude.... his last one was off the chain! Forbidden Kingdom was killer! It's still hard to forgive City Hunter.... but yeah, all his other movies are classics.

MinionZombie
21-Sep-2009, 09:59 AM
Ugh, is that Smith's kid?

Goddamn that kid pissed me off to no end in that pish-arse remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still ... so wanted to smack him upside the head and tell him to stop being such a berk. The typical movie-kid brat ... grrr!

Ain't seen Karate Kid in yonks, but for the love of god, leave it alone.

The next thing you know they'll start remaking some of my all-time childhood favourites - like Short Circuit, and Batteries Not Included.

CoinReturn
23-Dec-2009, 02:29 AM
Trailer is up:

n7b6b1--jJQ

From the director behind classics such as "One Night at McCool's", "Agent Cody Banks" and "The Pink Panther 2".

JDFP
23-Dec-2009, 02:44 AM
Trailer is up:

n7b6b1--jJQ

From the director behind classics such as "One Night at McCool's", "Agent Cody Banks" and "The Pink Panther 2".

Wow, that looks like absolute shit. I can't wait to not waste my time seeing it.

Why make a new movie of any interest when Hollywood can just keep cashing in on good movies that were already made? Enough of this horse-shit already.

j.p.

deadpunk
23-Dec-2009, 03:26 AM
How utterly Ghetto Fabulous. It's so unlike Hollywood to remake a movie and give it an urban twist to boot...:rolleyes:

MoonSylver
23-Dec-2009, 03:36 AM
I actually have some pretty decent hopes for this. When you think about it, A majority of Will SMith's films are very good films. The only two bombs so to speak are MiB 2 and Wild Wild West, other than that he has a good knack of knowing what is decent, and I think with his involvement this might actually turn out to be something good.

However, if I am wrong I will eat crow. :p

I...Am...Legend. Botched on SOOOOOO many levels, faithful to the book or no aside. Goddamn runny jumpy wall climby roaring extended jaw super muscle man "vampires".:barf::barf::barf::mad::mad::mad::annoyed::annoye d::annoyed:
Plus a script that must have been butchered in editing as there are at least a few things that make more sense in the directors cut that left in & then never explained in the Theatrical....

http://blog.camfrog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/yuck.gif

How utterly Ghetto Fabulous. It's so unlike Hollywood to remake a movie and give it an urban twist to boot...:rolleyes:

http://tarmojuristo.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/ali-g.jpg

ProfessorChaos
23-Dec-2009, 04:29 AM
i thought they were going to at least change the name to reflect how badly they are butchering the original? wasn't "the kung-fu kid" the title at one point?

and yeah, the urbanization that comes along with these remakes is a bit unnecessary....what's next, a remake of robocop starring nick cannon?

MinionZombie
23-Dec-2009, 10:00 AM
Tired Star Wars reference that couldn't be any blunter.

Hippity hop-ness.

Stupid hip hop gesturing when he says he wants to go home.

Looks really pish in general.

WTF is with that song listing percentages?

Jaden Smith was an annoying little shit in that terrible remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still, and he looks just as fucking annoying in this.

While I was never a big fan of The Karate Kid, it is something I remember from my childhood, so this is still a case of further rape to my childhood memories.

And to think there's a remake of Short Circuit in the works ... oh good lord. :(

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Tired Star Wars reference that couldn't be any blunter.

Hippity hop-ness.

Stupid hip hop gesturing when he says he wants to go home.

Looks really pish in general.

WTF is with that song listing percentages?

Jaden Smith was an annoying little shit in that terrible remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still, and he looks just as fucking annoying in this.

While I was never a big fan of The Karate Kid, it is something I remember from my childhood, so this is still a case of further rape to my childhood memories.

And to think there's a remake of Short Circuit in the works ... oh good lord. :(

bassman
23-Dec-2009, 11:48 AM
Obviously the fine people at HPotD aren't the target audience for a movie like this, guys.

I know some ten year olds that are going to love it, though. Because after all it is a children's film.;)

And say what you will, but I thought the chop sticks/fly swatter thing was funny.

Tricky
23-Dec-2009, 12:16 PM
Am I the only one who didnt like the karate kid movie the first time round? Even as a kid i thought it was gash! Why bother remaking it?:confused:

bassman
23-Dec-2009, 12:18 PM
Am I the only one who didnt like the karate kid movie the first time round? Even as a kid i thought it was gash! Why bother remaking it?:confused:

I'm with you on that one. As I mentioned earlier in the thread....is the original really regarded as that great of a film? Do people hold it close to their hearts? I didn't think it was the worst film ever, but it wasn't very good.

MinionZombie
23-Dec-2009, 12:25 PM

I'm with you on that one. As I mentioned earlier in the thread....is the original really regarded as that great of a film? Do people hold it close to their hearts? I didn't think it was the worst film ever, but it wasn't very good.

Do allow me to join in with the "meh"-fest.

I think the complaints though, are more down to the principle of the whole thing. All these sodding remakes. Hollywood desperately needs to wake the crap up and take a leaf out of television's book, which has been going from strength to strength for years now.

I saw the movie when I was a kid, and I was okay with it. Wasn't Short Circuit or Ghostbusters or Batteries Not Included or whatever (all classics from my childhood), but I wasn't opposed to it either. I just wasn't fussed.

But like I said - it's the principle.

deadpunk
23-Dec-2009, 03:42 PM
okay...I'll be the first to admit that I looooooved the Karate Kid. It is without a doubt, one of my favorite films of all time.

I think most of the disdain for the movie comes from the fact that it was churned into a terrible franchise, rather than being left alone as a one-hit-wonder. Everyone of the sequels is a huge turd.

And honestly, I'm always okay with a well done remake of most anything. However, as I already alluded to, what I'm not okay with is the need for the remake to become a platform for Hollywood to further force the hip-hop lifestyle down my throat. We had a thread going last week where everyone was pointing fingers at emo kids as silly and whatnot, when quite personally, I would be okay with emo remaining as a subculture and seeing this urban gangsta bullshit get thrown to the curb.

Pull up your pants.

MoonSylver
23-Dec-2009, 04:36 PM
Pull up your pants.

http://www.mythoughtspot.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/old_man_med.jpg

And get off my lawn.

:lol::lol::lol: