PDA

View Full Version : 'Batman 3': Michael Caine Says "NO Johnny Depp"

darth los
22-Sep-2009, 07:45 PM
http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/699386/Batman-3-Michael-Caine-Says-NO-Johnny-Depp.html

:cool:

EvilNed
22-Sep-2009, 07:51 PM
Good!

capncnut
22-Sep-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh no, not another Batman film!

darth los
22-Sep-2009, 07:58 PM
Oh no, not another Batman film!

4-5 years ago i would have agreed with that. But with the last two films they can keep making them, fine by me.

I think that line would be much more apt for the spider-man or x-men movies.

:cool:

ProfessorChaos
22-Sep-2009, 08:00 PM
no johnny depp in b3 is the best news i've heard all day!!!

can't stand that fucking guy...:annoyed:

AcesandEights
22-Sep-2009, 08:06 PM
Meh. I'm just hoping they don't jump the shark this time out; I have serious doubts.

EvilNed
22-Sep-2009, 08:30 PM
no johnny depp in b3 is the best news i've heard all day!!!

can't stand that fucking guy...:annoyed:

Truth be told, I'd have to agree. He's one of the most overused actors out there right now, and I don't even think he's good.

bassman
22-Sep-2009, 08:44 PM
*facepalm*

As if he was ever going to be in it, anyway.:rolleyes:

axlish
22-Sep-2009, 10:41 PM
Who do you have to kill to get Crispin Glover in one of these films?

EvilNed
22-Sep-2009, 11:09 PM

Probably Crispin Glover's agent. But yeah, that'd be awesome.

bassman
22-Sep-2009, 11:36 PM

I'll never understand why people want him as Joker or any other villian. Yeah, he may look the part but he's really not that good of an actor, imo.

Not to mention the bitch fit he pitched when Ledger was announced as Joker. That was pathetic...

zombie04
23-Sep-2009, 01:08 AM
Meh. I'm just hoping they don't jump the shark this time out; I have serious doubts.

I don't think you should worry yourself about that one. They seem willing to take their time on developing a good project rather than simply rushing the next into production. Plus with Nolan making a film in between I'm confident he hasn't burnt himself out on the material. I'm willing to just sit back, wait a few years, and see what they have to offer later down the road.

The only thing I'm thinking about is Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman's age once they finally start rolling on part 3.

axlish
23-Sep-2009, 04:00 AM
Crispin would make a great Riddler. Sure he is offbeat, but what performance has convinced you that he is not a great actor Bassman?

bassman
23-Sep-2009, 11:48 AM
what performance has convinced you that he is not a great actor Bassman?

He just hasn't done anything worth noting, imo. He's virtually the same character in everything he's done.

He's not very classy, either. He thinks he's gods gift to the world. We're talking about a guy who started a petition to get Heath Ledger fired so that he could take over as Joker.:stunned:

MikePizzoff
23-Sep-2009, 12:15 PM
He just hasn't done anything worth noting, imo.

Rivers Edge! Back To The Future!

His dialogue in Rivers Edge is quoted by me and my friends pretty frequently. But I guess that's expected from a bunch of delinquent burn-out metal heads.

bassman
23-Sep-2009, 12:31 PM
Some of the movies he's been in are worth noting, but not his roles, imo. George McFly was pretty good, but I think you could have put anybody in that bumbling misfit role.(as shown in BTTF2)

axlish
24-Sep-2009, 12:57 AM
Rivers Edge and Back to the Future are examples of his excellent and eccetric acting style. I really enjoy his performance in Wild at Heart and Friday the 13th part 4. I'd have loved to have seen him in the role as The Joker, he would have had a field day with the character. I hear he has a pretty big role in the upcoming Alice in Wonderland. At least Tim Burton is drinking the Crispin Kool-Aid. :)