PDA

View Full Version : a question for the folks in britian...

Mike70
23-May-2006, 08:34 PM
i read the bbc news pretty much daily and i am a bit irate by the way america is being portrayed. why is there no coverage of the dissatisfaction in america with bush/cheney(darth maul)? the bbc and other british media seem to be of the opinion that we are all chanting "hurrah for bush!" in the streets over here. the reality is that there are 10s of millions of americans that are utterly sick of that degenerate, foolish man. one would think that a look at his approval rating (down near 29-30%) would convince any reasonable person that there is a great deal of dissatisfaction with both him and his policies. clearly, the media in britian (and to be fair in some other parts of the world) have their fingers in their ears and hands over their eyes about this.

why is the british media so determined to lump us all into the camp of the bible thumping, war mongering, bush supporting camp?

tju1973
24-May-2006, 05:53 PM
i read the bbc news pretty much daily and i am a bit irate by the way america is being portrayed. why is there no coverage of the dissatisfaction in america with bush/cheney(darth maul)? the bbc and other british media seem to be of the opinion that we are all chanting "hurrah for bush!" in the streets over here. the reality is that there are 10s of millions of americans that are utterly sick of that degenerate, foolish man. one would think that a look at his approval rating (down near 29-30%) would convince any reasonable person that there is a great deal of dissatisfaction with both him and his policies. clearly, the media in britian (and to be fair in some other parts of the world) have their fingers in their ears and hands over their eyes about this.

why is the british media so determined to lump us all into the camp of the bible thumping, war mongering, bush supporting camp?

While I may not be a Bible thumper, I did vote for Bush over Kerry (Bush has his share of problems, but give me a break, Kerry look scheevie and his wife is a crazy @ssed *unt.), and I am a warmongerer.

War leads to advancement of peace--- in every way.

EvilNed
24-May-2006, 06:02 PM

Ha... Ha...

My guess is that you've never personally fought in a war... Am I right?

Tricky
24-May-2006, 06:17 PM
The BBC is run by the labour government,& it shows!while i support the war on terror,im no friend of labour,i stopped listening to the BBC a long time ago because of the way they portrayed those of us from country/farming/hunting backgrounds :mad:

tju1973
25-May-2006, 05:50 PM
Ha... Ha...

My guess is that you've never personally fought in a war... Am I right?

I am not here to throw my whole military service record on the table, but yes-- I have been shot at and shot back.

Yes I have seen peoples inside on the outside.

Did I like it-- nope. Was it necessary and am I ok with what I did. Yes.

You have to fight to win-- and win totally.

So, yes-- I do know a little about being in war.

Think before we speak from now on..

Thank you.

:rockbrow:

Hawkboy
25-May-2006, 05:55 PM

Except when there was no conflict to begin with. This gets my vote as the most ridiculous quote EVER!

So, yes-- I do know a little about being in war.

It's a shame you didn't learn anything from it.

bassman
25-May-2006, 06:25 PM
Except when there was no conflict to begin with. This gets my vote as the most ridiculous quote EVER!

So I guess everyone should just sit back and hope that nothing happens? That peace will prevail without any action?

You can't gain anything without working for it. It's unfortunate that people die because of it(I'm sure that's the way you're looking at it), but it's something that must be done. Those men all died very honorable deaths.

I'm not in any armed forces but just because of this country and how much I love it, that would be the most honorable way for me to go.

"Freedom isn't free, there's a hefty f*ckin fee, and if you don't chip in you're buck-o-five, who will?":lol:

p2501
25-May-2006, 06:34 PM
i read the bbc news pretty much daily and i am a bit irate by the way america is being portrayed.

meh. bbc is about even to cnn in theiur overall bias. but then every major news organization has some bias so it's just a matter fo filtering it in order to determine what the reality is.

for what it's worth, BBC is still miles above the "big 3" news Orgs in the US.

Hawkboy
25-May-2006, 06:58 PM
So I guess everyone should just sit back and hope that nothing happens? That peace will prevail without any action?

So you are saying if there is no war going on you should start a war to keep it that way? Are you honestly saying that? So living by your credo I live in Canada and we have a pretty good relationship with, say, the UK. Are you honestly saying that Canada should prepare to keep the peace with the UK by taking some military action against them? Cause hey! You never know right???? :confused:

This is why that earlier statement "War leads to advancement of peace--- in every way." is the stupidist statement EVER. I'm sure the example of the war torn Middle East is a good enough example for you that War doesn't really lead to a lasting peace???

tju1973
25-May-2006, 07:38 PM

Name one nation that can project its armed forces anywhere in the world, at any time it chooses.

The US.

So, if we choose to use it under the semblance of putting down terrorism, then ok. Sure it was for oil and to git rid of Saddam-- and good riddance.

Sure we could all turtle and leave countries alone, but name any WORLD power that has ever done that-- Rome-- nope. Great Britain-- Nope. Soviet Union-- nope.

The only thing I learned in war was that--
1) Fight to win.
2)Losing sucks. Dying sucks more.
3)Fight to win.

I guess if one was from a country that choses to sit by and not do anything activly, then it that persons choice. I chose to live free-- or at least as free as we can be given the state of world affairs.

Amen-- brother..

bassman
25-May-2006, 07:47 PM
So you are saying if there is no war going on you should start a war to keep it that way? Are you honestly saying that? So living by your credo I live in Canada and we have a pretty good relationship with, say, the UK. Are you honestly saying that Canada should prepare to keep the peace with the UK by taking some military action against them? Cause hey! You never know right???? :confused:

This is why that earlier statement "War leads to advancement of peace--- in every way." is the stupidist statement EVER. I'm sure the example of the war torn Middle East is a good enough example for you that War doesn't really lead to a lasting peace???

Talk about twisting words.

Or maybe tju put it best:

I guess if one was from a country that choses to sit by and not do anything activly, then it that persons choice. I chose to live free-- or at least as free as we can be given the state of world affairs.

"Blame Canada! Blame Canada!":p

Mike70
25-May-2006, 07:50 PM
well i served in somalia for six months -from dec 92 to may 93 - as part of the 10th mountain division.

what i observed in somalia is that war is utterly and totally degrading to everyone that is a party to it. it dehumanizes everyone involved - military and civilian alike.

warfare is nothing but murder and pain perpetrated by govts and "leaders" who don't actually have to either face fire nor do they, very often, even have to face the consequences of their decisions.

i am proud of the fact that my unit was instrumental in stopping a faminie that was affecting several million people. i shrink in horror from the acts of the somalis themselves and in many of the actions that i took. while the actions taken by my unit were "necessary" that doesn't, in anyway, mitigate the way that i feel about them. much that happened there remains painful even after 15 plus years.

MinionZombie
25-May-2006, 08:05 PM
This man speaks the truth people, the BBC are Labour lovies ... either that or Liberal wannabes. They're biased and the vast majority of their programming is crap, their "initiatives" are half assed and they CHARGE people to own a friggin' TV you've already PAID for, it's daylight money rape!

Sky News is far better, and it's on Sky! :D

Hawkboy
25-May-2006, 08:30 PM
Name one nation that can project its armed forces anywhere in the world, at any time it chooses.

The US.

So, if we choose to use it under the semblance of putting down terrorism, then ok. Sure it was for oil and to git rid of Saddam-- and good riddance.

Sure we could all turtle and leave countries alone, but name any WORLD power that has ever done that-- Rome-- nope. Great Britain-- Nope. Soviet Union-- nope.

The only thing I learned in war was that--
1) Fight to win.
2)Losing sucks. Dying sucks more.
3)Fight to win.

Amen-- brother..

Again, it's a shame you didn't learn anything from your involvement in war.

And by the way if you are inferring Canada sits by and does nothing on a global scale you obviously have no idea about the world and what goes on in it. Except of course of the US invading countries under false pretences which by your own admittance is "OK".

Mikey
27-May-2006, 03:14 AM

Dude, what's up with your grammar and spelling? No wonder the British think we're dorks.