PDA

View Full Version : What might be next?

Fecunditatis
28-Sep-2009, 12:13 PM
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/33735/fantastic-fest-09-romero-discusses-future-dead

bassman
28-Sep-2009, 12:21 PM
Damn I wish he would do something non-dead related and then maybe come back to them later.:dead:

krakenslayer
28-Sep-2009, 01:39 PM
Damn I wish he would do something non-dead related and then maybe come back to them later.:dead:

Well, the Knightriders quote sounds promising. I loved the feel of the original film, although it did bog down about two thirds through because it felt like it was drawing to a close at the 90 minute mark and then continued for another hour. It's a quality drama film from Romero, and certainly worth revisiting, especially if Savini was involved (which would be logical considering the original's ending).

Trin
28-Sep-2009, 02:14 PM
He also has some new rules to the mythos he'd like to incorporate.

Does that line not scare the bejeezus out of anyone but me?

Rule changes is dangerous territory. I'm not against the idea, mind you. I think he can do it well. Like the fireworks in Land - great addition, didn't contradict anything, added something cool which was clever in every aspect. But it could just as easily go haywire - like the undead rats that didn't make it from the Land script into the Land movie. Those little buggers would make you question everything all the way back to Ben sitting in that cellar all night.

I am excited about the prospect of more Dead movies. That alone makes me want to love Survival. I'll pretend to love it just for the hope of more. I'm not above that.

I wonder who else he'd follow from Diary? The panic room crew is an obvious choice. Maybe the black outpost group? There aren't too many survivors of Diary to follow... Fat guy from the dorm? lol

Mike70
28-Sep-2009, 02:18 PM

ditto here. that is troubling news and i wonder what it is all about.

Danny
28-Sep-2009, 03:01 PM

i was into resident evil way before romero, so zombie dobermans are the first thing in my head when i think about the z word, and honestly the best what if? zombie scenario was raised in the resident evil franchise, what if it turned animals too and you had to pass through a zoo?, tigers, birds of prey, rhinos and elephants, all vying to tear you apart and devour you.

scary as the notion of humans turning is, a zombie elephant is a fucking terrifying prospect and would make for a fun movie enemy.

EvilNed
28-Sep-2009, 04:28 PM
Don't know about that. A zombie elephant would walk as slowly as the regular zombies would. As would dogs. So nah, not that scary really.

BillyRay
28-Sep-2009, 04:33 PM
...But would a running zombie elephant (or donkey) would qualify as the ham-handed "message" of the new film?

Howzabout zombie monkeys dressed like people?

Or zombie Sea-monkeys?

Danny
28-Sep-2009, 04:35 PM
Don't know about that. A zombie elephant would walk as slowly as the regular zombies would. As would dogs. So nah, not that scary really.

one of those or one zombie human banging on the hastily boarded farmhouse windows, i know which one will shat me up further.\

-also, depending on size certain undead creatures can get in different places, climb things to get in, gnaw and burrow, fly!, also it adds a new factor with long term survival, what if your chomping down on your latest kill to find it was already full of bullets from bieng shot and not found by another hunter long ago.

youve eaten a zombie goose, what happens to you?

krakenslayer
28-Sep-2009, 04:37 PM
Zombie animals raises too many awkward questions. Like why haven't we seen them before when they should be everywhere, and where do you draw the line at what can become zombified? I mean dogs, cows, elephants, okay... But what about insects, worms in the ground, birds in the sky, even the bugs that live inside our bodies. In that case, everything on Earth would be stripped clean in a few days. It doesn't work logically.

BillyRay
28-Sep-2009, 04:39 PM
It'd be a really short film, by any means...

Danny
28-Sep-2009, 05:01 PM
Zombie animals raises too many awkward questions. Like why haven't we seen them before when they should be everywhere, and where do you draw the line at what can become zombified? I mean dogs, cows, elephants, okay... But what about insects, worms in the ground, birds in the sky, even the bugs that live inside our bodies. In that case, everything on Earth would be stripped clean in a few days. It doesn't work logically.

and radiation or a virus or hell being over capacity for humans alone does work?, if it can be selective to people and thats cool, then is it too over the top to say "it effects mammals"?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/reo-zombie-elephant.jpg

you tellin' me you wouldn't want THAT in left 4 dead? :lol:

Trin
28-Sep-2009, 05:13 PM
But think about the potential for social commentary. You could literally have a zombie elephant fighting a zombie donkey in a never-ending and futile fight for suppremecy over the zombie masses.

How does zombie meat work? If you kill a cow and it reanimates and then you shoot it in the head, are the steaks safe?

@kraken - I agree completely. Too many questions. Let's hope that's not the rule change he's contemplating.

@hellsing - The question is not whether it would work period. Of course it would. The question is whether it would work given 5 movies in the can that don't address it. Which it most certainly would NOT.

Danny
28-Sep-2009, 05:16 PM
@hellsing - The question is not whether it would work period. Of course it would. The question is whether it would work given 5 movies in the can that don't address it. Which it most certainly would NOT.

They didnt used to use machine guns or set limos on fire either:sneaky:

-in fact it would be kinda creepy as he next progression, you think your finally safe when the zombie world goes "the birds" on you. It opens up new story possibilities, like before they started turning there were zoo's all over, god knows as the zombie plague becomes a pandemic animal rights people would break into the zoos to release the animals, they spread about till there dead start to rise too, is the meat safe?, do there zombies have better senses than there human counterparts?, is there meat tainted? ect.

krakenslayer
28-Sep-2009, 05:24 PM
They didnt used to use machine guns or set limos on fire either:sneaky:

No but they did smash car headlamps with rocks, stab people to death with trowels, use tyre irons to break windows to get at their prey, steal firearms, play with cassette recorders, and all manner of minor acts that are at least vaguely suggestive of the capacity do things like that. As for zombie animals, we got nothing.

Danny
28-Sep-2009, 05:27 PM
No but they did smash car headlamps with rocks, stab people to death with trowels, use tyre irons to break windows to get at their prey, steal firearms, play with cassette recorders, and all manner of minor acts that are at least vaguely suggestive of the capacity do things like that. As for zombie animals, we got nothing.

-but still thats change over the passage of time, i'm just saying the "condition" could conceivably pass to animals as some possible future progression of it.

Mike70
28-Sep-2009, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=BillyRay;200963
Howzabout zombie monkeys dressed like people?

[/QUOTE]

i want the flying monkeys from the wizard of oz to appear as zombies right before colonel sanders shows up as the king of the zombies.

Danny
28-Sep-2009, 05:30 PM
i want the flying monkeys from the wizard of oz to appear as zombies. right before colonel sanders shows up as the king of the zombies.

"TWELVE MOTHER-FUKKIN' 'ERBS AN' SPICE'S!"

he then screams about the south rising again and bites someones throat out.

Spoilers!

EvilNed
28-Sep-2009, 05:59 PM
one of those or one zombie human banging on the hastily boarded farmhouse windows, i know which one will shat me up further.\

-also, depending on size certain undead creatures can get in different places, climb things to get in, gnaw and burrow, fly!, also it adds a new factor with long term survival, what if your chomping down on your latest kill to find it was already full of bullets from bieng shot and not found by another hunter long ago.

youve eaten a zombie goose, what happens to you?

If animals get zombiefied then Mosquitos would too. And then suddenly we're fighting an invisible enemy, because mosquitos would be the most dangerous of them all. I'd rather have an elephant bonking on my front door (an elephant I can easily outwalk, by the way) rather than small insects coming at me.

Trin
28-Sep-2009, 07:30 PM
-but still thats change over the passage of time, i'm just saying the "condition" could conceivably pass to animals as some possible future progression of it.
Okay, I get what you're saying. But to introduce that kind of weird twist to the phenomenon would be uber-de-doober-ghey.

Playing devil's advocate, if we're really looking at Diary as a reboot, potentially with altered rules, then maybe what happened in Night/Dawn/Day/Land is not relevant. The animals thing might not have come up in Diary since they were so early into it and not around places where lots of dead animals would be prevalent.

And I've eaten plenty of taint meat, and I can tell you it's not good. Errrr... tainted meat... that's what I meant.

krakenslayer
28-Sep-2009, 07:45 PM
Okay, I get what you're saying. But to introduce that kind of weird twist to the phenomenon would be uber-de-doober-ghey.

Playing devil's advocate, if we're really looking at Diary as a reboot, potentially with altered rules, then maybe what happened in Night/Dawn/Day/Land is not relevant. The animals thing might not have come up in Diary since they were so early into it and not around places where lots of dead animals would be prevalent.

And I've eaten plenty of taint meat, and I can tell you it's not good. Errrr... tainted meat... that's what I meant.

I don't even like that idea. I know a lot of people want to dissociate Diary (which IMO isn't near his best, but does not deserve the kind of obsessive-compulsive hatred it garnered) from the rest of the series, but I'm not ready to accept the Dead series as "over" just yet.

Mike70
28-Sep-2009, 07:48 PM
If animals get zombiefied then Mosquitos would too. And then suddenly we're fighting an invisible enemy, because mosquitos would be the most dangerous of them all. I'd rather have an elephant bonking on my front door (an elephant I can easily outwalk, by the way) rather than small insects coming at me.

i agree that zombie animals, esp. insects, present a multitude of problems that would render any movie idiotic. christ, how would you even begin to handle such a thing on film? it reminds me of those 70s killer bee movies.

but ned, when you are out walking that elephant, remember that even though they can't gallop, they can still move at up to 25 mph, 2 mph faster than the fastest human. so you better be quick on your toes.

shootemindehead
02-Nov-2009, 07:13 PM
Whatever's next, I hope he abandons this stupid reboot idea. It's a bad move from beginning to end.

Get back to the original series George.

Philly_SWAT
16-Nov-2009, 09:48 PM
I wonder who else he'd follow from Diary? The panic room crew is an obvious choice. Maybe the black outpost group? There aren't too many survivors of Diary to follow... Fat guy from the dorm? lol
You know, I think of movie featuring the black outpost group could have a lot of potential.

mista_mo
16-Nov-2009, 11:05 PM

But..what if the zombies..run?

Enjoy out running your 5 ton zombie elephant that can run...for a little while anyways.

also, that zoo level in Outbreak File 2 was one of my fav, I loved murdering zombie lions and crocodiles. That elephant just wasn't fun though.