PDA

View Full Version : Zombie from Survival shambling in to say hi!

Uncle Creepy
29-Sep-2009, 07:02 AM
Hey guys!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Got the privilege of being one of the main zombies in Survival during the film's "holy shit, they're feasting segment" and I hope I do you all proud when you see the film.

It's an honor to be here amongst my peers.

Cheers!

sirjacktorrance
29-Sep-2009, 07:54 AM
Hey guys!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Got the privilege of being one of the main zombies in Survival during the film's "holy shit, they're feasting segment" and I hope I do you all proud when you see the film.

It's an honor to be here amongst my peers.

Cheers!

hey! glad to smell you here! XD
give us information about the shooting!! hehehe...
PICS!!

krakenslayer
29-Sep-2009, 08:20 AM
Awesome. Words cannot express the envy I feel, Uncle! Fingers crossed the movie will be a kickass good time flick. :D

Griff
29-Sep-2009, 08:39 AM
Hey UC, I've seen you on the videos. You reminded me of a cross between ZOMBIE's boat zombie and Uncle Rege of NOTLD90. Musta been your walk or something...

Uncle Creepy
29-Sep-2009, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Not to worry the movie more than kicks ass. In fact, at my site we just posted another review.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/33755/fantastic-fest-09-new-survival-dead-review

The shoot was incredible, and also, VERY fucking cold. By the time my scene was over the stage blood nearly froze to my hands immediately.

Survival delivers on all counts, and I'm not just saying that because I got to be in it. If it sucked I'd be the first one to say so because I don't think I could live with my bullshit-o-meter going off every five seconds.

Whether you liked Diary (and I did after repeated viewings) or not, I can tell you that this film puts things very much back on track. I really think you're gonna love it.

sirjacktorrance
29-Sep-2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys. Not to worry the movie more than kicks ass. In fact, at my site we just posted another review.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/33755/fantastic-fest-09-new-survival-dead-review

The shoot was incredible, and also, VERY fucking cold. By the time my scene was over the stage blood nearly froze to my hands immediately.

Survival delivers on all counts, and I'm not just saying that because I got to be in it. If it sucked I'd be the first one to say so because I don't think I could live with my bullshit-o-meter going off every five seconds.

Whether you liked Diary (and I did after repeated viewings) or not, I can tell you that this film puts things very much back on track. I really think you're gonna love it.

we worry a little because thereīs a lot o f negative reviews and:

-people says thereīs poor cgi
-too much corny humor
-strange plot twists and bad script...

-tell us about the shooting!! can you give us anecdotes(besides the cold etc..)thereīs a zombie that seems to be Romero(the one in the poster.Itīs that true??
on the other side Romero comments that some parts of the script wasnīt in the movie because the rain and cold and difficulties such that.eve he talked about a big zombie scen that couldīnt get into the movie.What do you Know about it???

THANKX!!!

MinionZombie
29-Sep-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks for stopping by, and I am (like many of us), proper jealous of you right now for getting to be a GAR zombie! :)

Uncle Creepy
29-Sep-2009, 05:48 PM
we worry a little because thereīs a lot o f negative reviews and:

-people says thereīs poor cgi
-too much corny humor
-strange plot twists and bad script...

-tell us about the shooting!! can you give us anecdotes(besides the cold etc..)thereīs a zombie that seems to be Romero(the one in the poster.Itīs that true??
on the other side Romero comments that some parts of the script wasnīt in the movie because the rain and cold and difficulties such that.eve he talked about a big zombie scen that couldīnt get into the movie.What do you Know about it???

THANKX!!!

Re: Poor CGI

Like it or not CGI in movies, especially horror movies with limited budgets, is here to stay. I can assure you the CGI while present isn't distracting. And there are just as many physical FX as there are CG, so really ... mind at ease there.

Re: Too much corny humor

People seem to forget that this movie is made by the same man who interrupted Dawn for a "Zombie Pie Fight" scene. The humor here is no sillier than it is in any of the other moments. There are some genuinely funny moments in Survival, and yes there's a couple of goofy ones too, but all are forgivable because of how absurdly dark the punchlines can be. George puts humor in all of his films. He's a funny guy and likes to have a good time. I've seen a few people say "Survival isn't scary." Well .... with the exception of Night were any of them? Nope.

Re: Strange plot twists and bad script

Again, people are complaining for no good reason. So let's get this straight ... everyone can accept that the dead are returning to life but internet video services still being online is absolutely out of the question? Please. The script is no better and no worse than any of the other Dead films. The acting is great, the characters likable and well drawn, and its all cool and the gang.

Re: Zombie George

George does NOT appear as a Zombie in the movie.

Re: Parts not making it into the script.

That happens on every movie with every filmmaker. George got 99% of everything in that he wanted. You guys arent missing a thing.

Don't worry about the bad reviews. As a film critic myself I've been keeping tabs and can tell you there's just as many good ones as there are bad. The Romero movies have a tendency to polarize the fanbase and split them 50/50. Then in ten years said hated film is now a "classic". Look at Day for example. When it first came out everyone hated it. Now it's one of the most loved.

I think that's about it. If you happen to have any more questions, shoot. George and I have been good friends for a few years now and I can answer just about anything you can think of.

darth los
29-Sep-2009, 06:10 PM
Look at Day for example. When it first came out everyone hated it. Now it's one of the most loved.

Who is this everyone you speak of!!

Make their names known so that we may crush their pathetic, weak mortal frames !! :mad:

We will celebrate with goblets of mead and roast swine!

J/K

Welcome. You've just done soemthing only a handful of us here have done and most of us probably never will do. Be a zombie in a GAr film.

NOICE!! :thumbsup:

And yes I'm jealous. :shifty:

:cool:

Uncle Creepy
29-Sep-2009, 06:28 PM
Welcome. You've just done soemthing only a handful of us here have done and most of us probably never will do. Be a zombie in a GAr film.

NOICE!! :thumbsup:

And yes I'm jealous. :shifty:

Thanks man. Believe me, I know how lucky I am. The Dead franchise is my most loved. Being in it. Doing one of the main kills. Walking the red carpet at the premiere with George. My life's complete.

darth los
29-Sep-2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks man. Believe me, I know how lucky I am. The Dead franchise is my most loved. Being in it. Doing one of the main kills. Walking the red carpet at the premiere with George. My life's complete.

People talk alot about the films themselves but not much about the man.

That's what i wanna know. What's GAr like? And not at a hollywood premeire or horror convention small talk kind of way but in an on the set stinky breath, crusty eyed, haven't slept in 72 hours kinda way, you know?

MinionZombie
29-Sep-2009, 07:21 PM
*explodes into a mushroom cloud of GAR fan jealousy*

:D

clanglee
29-Sep-2009, 08:15 PM
Heya Creepy. . . I am still quite jealous of you but. . I'll forgive you this time. Thanks for the soothing words about the movie. We tend to be a rabid bunch around here.

Uncle Creepy
29-Sep-2009, 11:09 PM
People talk alot about the films themselves but not much about the man.

That's what i wanna know. What's GAr like? And not at a hollywood premeire or horror convention small talk kind of way but in an on the set stinky breath, crusty eyed, haven't slept in 72 hours kinda way, you know?

George is very much one of the guys. He's an old hippie, man. Very much in tune to what's going on, and very much still willing to call bullshit on everything he sees that's just not right. He's humble, loves his fans, and most of all loves what he does. He knows exactly what he wants and his wheels are always spinning. Not pretentious at all. Always willing to joke around. Salt of the Earth.

Moon Knight
30-Sep-2009, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the info and damn it must feel great to in a Romero flick. :D

sirjacktorrance
30-Sep-2009, 08:18 AM
THANK YOU!!! i felt so lucky i can chat with 2 zombies from the movie(matt and you).i am so junkie of information about the movie that i want to discuss it until i see the movie October, 9 in sitges festival

Like it or not CGI in movies, especially horror movies with limited budgets, is here to stay. I can assure you the CGI while present isn't distracting. And there are just as many physical FX as there are CG, so really ... mind at ease there.

the thing that worried me itīs the headshots.iīve seen a headshot in the trailer and itīs gruesome bloody practical ,real and gross.I hope the Postproduction guys donīt add CGI to the REAL headshots on set.i hope there are as many REAL headshots as CGI headshots!!(or more), i feel that some of the cgi in diary wasnīt that bad(the mummy dead, the acid melting...)

People seem to forget that this movie is made by the same man who interrupted Dawn for a "Zombie Pie Fight" scene. The humor here is no sillier than it is in any of the other moments. There are some genuinely funny moments in Survival, and yes there's a couple of goofy ones too, but all are forgivable because of how absurdly dark the punchlines can be. George puts humor in all of his films. He's a funny guy and likes to have a good time. I've seen a few people say "Survival isn't scary." Well .... with the exception of Night were any of them? Nope.

no, the saga itīs not "scary" but ,for me they have a creepy-spooky feeling in the atmosphere that i loved.the thing is, reviews says that itīs like a parody...and thereīs plot twist and acting wich makes people laugth for the wrong reasons...that there are too much "looney tunes" gags.i donīt know how this moments was shoot, but i hope them no to be too much "unrealistic"
i hope so, thereīs not a "donīt-mess-with-texas-escene" again (thatīs one of the single things i didnīt like of Diary)

Again, people are complaining for no good reason. So let's get this straight ... everyone can accept that the dead are returning to life but internet video services still being online is absolutely out of the question? Please. The script is no better and no worse than any of the other Dead films. The acting is great, the characters likable and well drawn, and its all cool and the gang.

the internet thing doesnīt bother me.my fear is related to some strage Plot inesperated twists like twins issue, and bad lines

That happens on every movie with every filmmaker. George got 99% of everything in that he wanted. You guys arent missing a thing.

read the extense interview of this site in the section "bits and pieces" of this site "I loved the experience, except that we got KILLED by weather, I mean we just got killed. We weren't able to shoot all of the scenes that were in the script because we were just killed by weather. There was one big zombie scene that I would have loved to have gotten, but we just ran out of time- I mean we got snow, rain - we lost about three and a half days to weather, on a 25 day schedule."
what was that BIG zombie scene? maybe they finally did some reshoots to cover that missing pieces :
George is in the middle of writing some new scenes for of the Dead, that he and producer Peter Grunwald have brain stormed over a period of several days. "See this is what happens, Peter comes in for three days and we beat out this stuff! Peter dutifully types it while were talking and he sends me these reminders of what we talked about. It's great you know, but now I have to make somebody actually say this shit."

the shooted this new scenes? what can you tell us about this?

thereīs lots of questions i have!!!

-thereīs some of the john harrisonīs ideas for the soundtrack in the final movie? how good is the score?(theréīs some complains too)

-they use the same footage of diary to introduce Sarge and the rest of guardmen?

-thereīs a scene i donīt want to spoil but..

they talk about a zombie girl on a horse, i trust george to make this work but what do you think as a fan of the saga?itīs a big step...like the horse feeding

-what you can tell us about future new chapters? i read that romero wants to make at least 2 more.do you think he have enough ideas? i the interview that i mention above he talk about take the black guys from diary for one movie...and other characters for other movie

many thanks it would be awesome read your complete set report!!

Bone Daddy
03-Oct-2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks fer the 411, UC. Can't wait ta see you in all of your undead glory!

Zombo
04-Oct-2009, 01:29 AM
Welcome Uncle Creepy! It's major cool to have a 'real' zombie in our midst. :D

jded
07-Oct-2009, 01:14 AM
Congratulations UC!

You must have had the time of your life. To be in a Dead movie has got to be on every fans list.
I got to say I'd do about anything. So how do I, make that wish come true?

Well you said if we had anymore questions, shoot!
So if you know, when will Tom Savini come back for another special effects gig? For a Dead film I mean!

krakenslayer
07-Oct-2009, 10:22 AM
So if you know, when will Tom Savini come back for another special effects gig? For a Dead film I mean!

Don't think it will happen, personally. Savini is mostly retired from SFX work, and considers himself an actor now.

darth los
07-Oct-2009, 03:09 PM
Don't think it will happen, personally. Savini is mostly retired from SFX work, and considers himself an actor now.

Perhaps he'll do a last hurrah with GAr before it's all said and done. I mean that's not totally out of the realm of possibility is it?

You would figure if he's got his heart set on acting that would be pretty much the only circumstance in which he would come back to do a SFx gig.

Moon Knight
08-Oct-2009, 01:42 AM
Besides the brief appearance here and there in genre films, what movies has Savini really starred in lately? Or does he have some down the road? So far I don't see anything planned for him to take part of.

SymphonicX
08-Oct-2009, 09:47 AM
I think if people were moaning about silly script and hammy acting, the chances are there's a silly script and hammy acting.

You can't justify this movie's potential failures based on Romero's other movies.

If something doesn't work in this movie, or Land, or Diary, it's because it doesn't work in that particular movie. It worked in Dawn and that's why it's accepted and not moaned about. It has to work in the context of the film.

Unfortunately this thread has killed a bit of enthusiasm I had for the film...It was very kind of you to post, and I'm glad you did, but if the best defence you can come up with, about the criticisms levelled at this film, is to highlight what you see as similar traits in past works by Romero - this leaves me feeling like you're plucking at straws to justify things we're all going to roll our eyes at.

"People seem to forget that this movie is made by the same man who interrupted Dawn for a "Zombie Pie Fight" scene"

However - I haven't seen the film, this is just a commentary on the general "vibe" i'm getting prior to seeing it...still can't wait to have my own opinion on it though!!!

Rancid Carcass
09-Oct-2009, 02:03 AM
To be fair, I think the reason he was relating it to the other films was to avoid plot spoilers, I can imagine that he's seen some pretty cool stuff but can't be too specific about what makes Survival kick-ass without blowing the whole deal – and quite possibly a confidentiality agreement too. They put the mockers on stuff all the time! :D

sirjacktorrance
14-Oct-2009, 08:57 AM

Re: Zombie George

George does NOT appear as a Zombie in the movie.

Don't worry about the bad reviews. As a film critic myself I've been keeping tabs and can tell you there's just as many good ones as there are bad. The Romero movies have a tendency to polarize the fanbase and split them 50/50. Then in ten years said hated film is now a "classic". Look at Day for example. When it first came out everyone hated it. Now it's one of the most loved.

I think that's about it. If you happen to have any more questions, shoot. George and I have been good friends for a few years now and I can answer just about anything you can think of.

i think iīm gonna reply my own questions

Poor CGI-there is POOR CGI.there was 2o 3 real headshots but the others AWFUL CGI.

Too much corny humor-there is Too much,of corny and stupid humor.i hate the stupid looking zombies.even in zombie comedies the jokes come from the characters, not from the zombies...

Strange plot twists and bad script- plot twist ruinthe movie, and the script itīs poor and flawed.one of the things i hate more itīs the regurgitation of land script lines and situations...