PDA

View Full Version : Crash course dlc pricetag

darth los
29-Sep-2009, 03:55 PM
So I wake up this morning like a kid on christmas so I can download the crash course dlc for l4d. I specifically left 585 MS points in my account so i could purchase it.

Much to my dismay the download cost 800 points and I couldn't do it. WTF man !?! Anyone else run into this this morning? I have friends in Arizona I play with that said they dowlnloaded it this morning for the pre advertised 560 points.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

:cool:

Never mind. It apparently was a boo boo on their part.

http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/102/1029342p1.html

Crash Course Goes Live

Left 4 Dead's expansion now available.

by Martin Robinson, IGN UK

UK, September 29, 2009 - Left 4 Dead's Crash Course expansion is now live on Xbox 360 – though a pricing error means it's currently listed at 800 Points, a good deal more than the intended price of 560 Microsoft Points.

Microsoft is currently looking in to the mistake, and by the time you get to your Xbox 360 it should be re-listed at the intended price point.

Crash Course introduces an all new level to Valve's zombie romp, and while it's tailored for versus mode it's also available in co-op and single player.

Owners of Left 4 Dead on the PC get the update for free, though as we write it's yet to appear on Steam. Hopefully we won't have to long to wait – lunchtime is fast approaching and we've got a thirst for zombie blood.

AcesandEights
29-Sep-2009, 04:39 PM
Don't know dude, but I'll be a little more than dismayed if they did an upwards change in price at this point.

darth los
29-Sep-2009, 05:29 PM
Don't know dude, but I'll be a little more than dismayed if they did an upwards change in price at this point.

Another thing.

The other day (I believe it was on the g4 site) They were previewing the dlc and the said that the editor that downloaded it had all their achievemnets wiped away.

So, this morning my friend in arizona downloaded it and it erased all his achievements as well!!

Again... WTF !?!

I must say, ever since they patched the game a week or two ago it's been acting really wierd.

AcesandEights
29-Sep-2009, 05:42 PM
Another thing.

The other day (I believe it was on the g4 site) They were previewing the dlc and the said that the editor that downloaded it had all their achievemnets wiped away.

So, this morning my friend in arizona downloaded it and it erased all his achievements as well!!

Again... WTF !?!

!!!

Thank you for the heads up. I'll check into this and will not download till it is either debunked or dealt with.

DeadJonas190
01-Oct-2009, 06:57 AM
It was just a glitch, it's set at the right price now.

The acheivement thing is another glitch, it doesn't actually take away your acheivements, but they appear gone when you check the list ffrom within the game, but if you look at your gamerscore from your dashboard and check the games you have acheivements for you still have them

darth los
01-Oct-2009, 04:04 PM
It was just a glitch, it's set at the right price now.

The acheivement thing is another glitch, it doesn't actually take away your acheivements, but they appear gone when you check the list ffrom within the game, but if you look at your gamerscore from your dashboard and check the games you have acheivements for you still have them

That whole download needs patching. We were able to walk right through trucks yesterday.

I love left 4 dead but truth be told, I'm disapointed with the dlc. You mean to tell me that the only "campaign" released in 1 year is that plain, drab, glitchy crap!?! After I get the achievements i don't believe I'll have any interest in playing it.

No wonder people were up in arms about lck of support for it in favor of the sequel. Bet your ass that the sequel will contain much prettier, vivid enviroments.

I used to think that the blood harvest and death toll campaigns were plain but they're vivid and vibrant compared to crash course.

And here's the icing: They made us pay for it. :mad:

Danny
01-Oct-2009, 04:23 PM
just got my gold account back, and much as ill be playing l4d and odst a lot lately i dont think im getting this, considering its like 10% of the price of left 4 dead 2 id rather wait for all that content instead.

capncnut
01-Oct-2009, 04:30 PM
I had fun with Crash Course and it's a nice little expansion on the story but half hour's fun for 560 points is a bit of a liberty take.

AcesandEights
01-Oct-2009, 04:32 PM
Ehhhh...I have mixed feelings about picking it up now, but will probably do so to back up my friends who downloaded it. If it helps in any way in getting them playing L4D again, I'll be happy. I still need to finish a campaign on the highest difficulty, as well as knock out a few other achievements I have my eye on.

darth los
01-Oct-2009, 04:34 PM
just got my gold account back, and much as ill be playing l4d and odst a lot lately i dont think im getting this, considering its like 10% of the price of left 4 dead 2 id rather wait for all that content instead.

Well, it's a change of pace, something different you know. For about 250 achievement points that are pretty attainable it's not a bad deal.

But yeah, as cap said I've already had my fun with it.

Put it like this. If you guys wanted to hook up for some Left 4 dead, crash course is the last campaign i'd want to play.

Danny
01-Oct-2009, 04:59 PM
Well, it's a change of pace, something different you know. For about 250 achievement points that are pretty attainable it's not a bad deal.

But yeah, as cap said I've already had my fun with it.

Put it like this. If you guys wanted to hook up for some Left 4 dead, crash course is the last campaign i'd want to play.

from least to most favorite for me its:

no mercy
blood harvest
dead air
toll booth

darth los
02-Oct-2009, 07:28 PM
http://xboxlive.ign.com/articles/102/1029763p1.html

Danny
06-Oct-2009, 03:32 PM
I had a few points left over from shadow complex, and there aint much you can get for 500pts that i aint got already so i bought crash course and finished it in 48 minutes. normally a campaign is around 1hr 45mins for me so it wasn't bad. Basically for those who haven't got it yet its one very large and well designed maze of streets and alleys with a crescendo point where you cross a bridge. Followed by a small level leading into a last stand.
So i noticed a few things in this ill try and bullet point em.

1:This is a blast, but could have easily been a fan mod, im pretty sure, having played it, that this is just something valve farted out to silence the l4d2 boycotters.

2:from the little battle at the bridge to the map of the us and the no mercy hospital and new orleans being the only points not crossed off it uses a lot of little in game nods to link the game and its upcoming sequel together.

3:If you listen to the commentary mode of the no mercy campaign, and if you haven't i highly recommend you do its fascinating stuff, they explain about how the campaigns were originally linked as this long story of escaping some outbreak in philly, from the city at the start to the countryside, but the only one they linked was the first two, which they then scrapped.
So either valve has gone against what there saying to please the fans, OR, this is a taste of what to expect in left 4 dead 2, which does have links between the stories as one continuing story as opposed to 4 separate tales of the same 4 very unlucky people.

4:there was far too much ammo in this, normally i use two pistols till the crescendo moments, but this time i used the machine gun constantly and every few feet i found a new one or a stash of bullets. That said there are few health packs but lots of pills, again this is something weve been told to expect in left 4 dead 2.

5: the enemies include new models, some more detailed and much more aggressive a.i. to test it i tried an easy campaign and still found we'd get zombies from much further away attacking us than in comparison to the normal campaigns. though the tank felt much easier to beat.

I think this was a combination of a little teaser for some of the changes in left for dead 2, a bit more story than just 4 boring avatars to choose from for example, and a bit of just something to keep the fanboys quiet.
To be blunt its the easiest of the 5 campaigns, but its only £4.50 or something close, less than a cinema ticket, less than a bloody magazine and i will be playing this multiple times, with friends and its a hoot, a shorter briefer hoot, but a mini lion bar is still a lion bar y'know? all the great stuff is still there, just a bit briefer.

-though actually i know people who arent so much zombie flick enthusiasts who find it arduous to sit for almost two hours in a regular campaign and i know they will find it far more accessible to play a level to reach a zone, then a second to defend the zone and then chat about it.
That might be a bit small for you or me, but for gamers in general this is just right to have fun with 3 friends for a couple of quid and tide you over till 2 comes out next month.

capncnut
06-Oct-2009, 04:22 PM
there was far too much ammo in this

though the tank felt much easier to beat
Agree on both points there.

That said, it was a chuckle when the Tank started lobbing cars at me.

darth los
06-Oct-2009, 06:23 PM
I1:This is a blast, but could have easily been a fan mod, im pretty sure, having played it, that this is just something valve farted out to silence the l4d2 boycotters.

That's what it came off like to me as well. I just feels as if all the resources went to l4d 2 and this seemed rather, well, plain.

You would think with all these months to fix it up they would have atleast implemented graphical upgrades. We played no mercy right afterwards and it was almost shocking how detailed it was in comparrison to crash course. And this is coming from a game which i think there's a consensus has sub par graphics in the first place.

atleast we know the sequel will be prettier.