PDA

View Full Version : jackman, craig and the cell phone...

Mike70
30-Sep-2009, 12:04 AM
i think that crap like this irritates everybody and in this case it certainly irritated hugh jackman and daniel craig. they treat the incident with some humor but you can still tell they are vexed.

turn off the phone. no one paid for a ticket to hear an asshat's cell going off.

R-aEz3gOJfI

DjfunkmasterG
30-Sep-2009, 12:29 AM
Read this yesterday and laughed, but I agree. I would be pissed too.

MinionZombie
30-Sep-2009, 10:12 AM
Damn straight.

I don't go to the theatre, but everytime I go to the cinema I turn my phone either OFF or onto SILENT, and then it STAYS IN MY POCKET.

Fortunately I've never really had much of a problem at all with people on their phones during the movie - thankfully - but yeah, motherfuckin' mobile phones! :eek:

bassman
30-Sep-2009, 12:00 PM
Anyone other than me think that TMZ show is total filth? My lady watches it and it blows my mind how these people think stalking others is acceptable. It's disgusting how they act....

Anyway....it looks and sounds like both Jackman and Craig stay in character and use their yankee accents throughout the entire ordeal. Funny...

Skippy911sc
30-Sep-2009, 01:59 PM
My cell phone went off during a showing of Gangs of New York...but it was my wife saying the baby is coming!!!

It was on vibe, but still, what a bummer I had to leave the movie half way through. ;)

Mike70
30-Sep-2009, 02:51 PM
My cell phone went off during a showing of Gangs of New York...but it was my wife saying the baby is coming!!!

It was on vibe, but still, what a bummer I had to leave the movie half way through. ;)

that's the kind of interruption (i know you had yours on vibe) that most people wouldn't mind, if they knew the circumstances.

ProfessorChaos
30-Sep-2009, 03:49 PM
i was at a funeral for a family friend one time and some dumb teeny-bopper bitch's cell phone went off...and to make matters worse, she had some god-awful hip-hop crap song blaring and distorting through her shitty little cell-phone speaker. i've never been so tempted to smack a bitch....:annoyed:

i almost always have my phone set to vibrate anyway, as i find most cell phone ringers annoying as fuck.

people should have to take classes on cell-phone etiquette.

and yeah, tmz is trash....you should really try to find out what's wrong with your lady that she finds that sort of garbage worth watching...:p

AcesandEights
30-Sep-2009, 04:26 PM
I remember hearing about this the other day and thought it was odd how long the person let the phone ring, doubtlessly hoping it would stop without them being singled out or bringing more notice to their social gaffe. A discreet, quick hand on the phone to auto silence the ring in such a case would have been a slight embarrassment, maybe, but would have kept the whole thing from becoming such a huge issue.

Personally, I've often thought how nice it would be to go to establishments, say a nice restaurant or theater, that somehow block out cell phone signals, as some people clearly need to learn to let go of the damned things for a little while. Oh, well.

i almost always have my phone set to vibrate anyway, as i find most cell phone ringers annoying as fuck.

I agree. I do the same.

I'll talk on my cell phone in public, but I'm pretty circumspect about it, using low tones and trying not to do it in enclosed areas with other people (trains during a commute, especially in the morning; elevators etc.), so as not to be an annoyance.

I just get really irked by loud people carrying on cell phone conversations for no good reason, especially ones who are oblivious as to how their voices carry in, for example, an atrium. I remember someone carrying on a phone conversation in a Barnes & Nobles last year and you could hear exactly what they had to say across the length of the store.

Mike70
30-Sep-2009, 04:34 PM
, as some people clearly need to learn to let go of the damned things for a little while.

i hardly ever use my cell phone and almost never have it turned on when i go somewhere. i don't use it much because i don't really want people being able to get a hold of me anywhere i'm at or no matter what i'm doing.

bassman
30-Sep-2009, 04:58 PM
....you should really try to find out what's wrong with your lady that she finds that sort of garbage worth watching...:p

I've tried figuring it out. She's into celebrity gossip. People magazine, Real Housewives, E! News and all that crap. Hey....as long as it makes her happy and I don't have to see it unless I'm passing through the room, I'm happy for her...

As for cell phone rings....I HATE, HATE, HATE it when people have loud rap or country songs. Or any loud song for that matter. I do have a song set on mine, but it only ever plays at home when I don't have it in my pocket. When I leave the house I put that bitch on vibrate. I know people don't give a fuck what kind of song I have on my cell. But why does everyone else seem to think it makes them cool? It's like people that cruise shopping store parking lots with their windows down and their horrible music cranked up to 11.:mad:

MinionZombie
30-Sep-2009, 05:37 PM
I've got the Suspiria themetune on my phone as my ringtone ... but I try and use my phone as little as possible, I certainly don't ring other people myself unless I really need to (like when the car broke down the other week).

Other than that, yeah, I try to use it as little as possible. I'm not at all interested in mobile phones anyway.

Mike70
30-Sep-2009, 05:47 PM
I certainly don't ring other people myself unless I really need to (like when the car broke down the other week).

that's the reason i have one, not necessarily to chat endlessly with folks but in case i need it in an emergency or if the car breaks down.

MinionZombie
30-Sep-2009, 07:25 PM
that's the reason i have one, not necessarily to chat endlessly with folks but in case i need it in an emergency or if the car breaks down.
Indeed, if I'm gonna have a chat - I'll do so either via email or the internet, or by this amazing thing called "in person". :D