PDA

View Full Version : Zombie makeup/blood/ideas

Ryan
30-Sep-2009, 08:17 AM
At the end of October I will be walking around Bristol drunk dressed as a zombie. I've never done it before so was looking for help.

What I'm after is realistic blood that can last all day (going out at 12pm finishing at 4am) I suppose I can reapply it during the day so being realistic is probably more important. All I can find is joke shop stuff which is pretty rubbish so if anyone can suggest some good fake blood I'd appreciate it.

If there is any other thing that could help like realistic wounds or generally costume ideas I'd appreciate that too. We want to go all out for this :D

Cheers

Danny
01-Oct-2009, 02:10 AM
people in my film class back at uni thought i was taking the piss when i put forward the idea, during the pre production of a zombie short we did, of getting a suit from a charity shop and burying it for 2 days, but they gave it a shot, it reeked and it had rained so it was fairly manky but looked very creepy so id go for that if you can stand wearing it for a while.

DeadJonas190
01-Oct-2009, 07:19 AM
You can use Karo Corn Syrup mixed with some red food coloring and it will make a great fake blood that is inexpensive when compared to amount you get when you buy fake blood. I wish I could remember the brand of blood my friend used when he did special effects make up, it would slowly drip all day long and looked amazing when used with zombie make up.

As for the other effects, you can find a lot of websites that show various techniques to do the special effects so it really depends on what your looking for. For realistic wounds you can use unflavored gelatin, latex and toilet paper. Wet the toilet paper and use it to build up what you want the wound to look like and apply the latex over the paper. Use make up to have the wound appear how you want it to look like, I like to use blacks and reds in the deeper parts and lighter red/pink around the edges and then slather it with fake blood. The gelatin can be used to make the skin look like it was ripped or is peeling off, but you dont use the amount of water the recipe calls for, use a lot less (the amount depends on the package you buy, but you want it really thick and use hot water).

here is a website that tells you how to make your own fake blood
http://www.shades-of-night.com/painneck/blood.html#buckets2