PDA

View Full Version : Favorite ways of watching Romero films?

JDFP
02-Oct-2009, 12:59 PM
After saving up for quite awhile the wonderful people over at HH Gregg are delivering a beautiful Samsung 50" plasma HD to me tomorrow, and needlesss to say I'm looking forward to sundown tomorrow to stick in my DVD copy of "DAY" (I know, I know, it's not blu-ray, yet, but it's still going to be awesomely impressive on a 50" television).

"DAY" has always been my most favorite horror flick of all time, so needless to say I'm extremely excited to be watching it on my new set tomorrow, I plan on kicking open a twelve pack of Budweiser and kicking back to enjoy the flick and then probably the commentary afterwards. Oh yeah, I am such a Tennesseean. :)

I haven't been to a movie theatre in a good year or so (the only things that usually bring me to a theatre are Shyamalan, even if his last couple flicks have been less than desirable, Romero, and very few other things), now I doubt I'll ever be returning to a movie theatre again except for extremely rare occasions. Forking over $10 for a movie ticket when I average about $1.50 for each Netflix film I can get in a month? Not logical.

Any of you have any particularly favorite way of watching Romero's films or films in general?

j.p.

bassman
02-Oct-2009, 01:05 PM
Lately I've been on this kick of waiting for my wife and daughter to go to sleep, having a few drinks and watching Dawn and Day. I'm still early on with the HDTV thing like you, so seeing the films in HD and on a big screen is like seeing them again for the first time.

I've actually been watching Dawn alot more lately. Usually Day is my favorite....

But yes....you're going to love seeing the films that way.