PDA

View Full Version : Chicago stunned!

thxleo
02-Oct-2009, 04:43 PM
I guess Oprah can't throw that big party after all. LOL

http://www.breitbart.tv/pandemonium-in-the-broadcast-center-chicago-loses-olympics-bid/

BillyRay
02-Oct-2009, 07:48 PM
That's kind of a drag that Chi-town ain't getting the Olympics. There would have been spillover (read: Tourist $$$) up here in Milwaukee.

I hear it's now between Madrid & Rio

darth los
02-Oct-2009, 08:27 PM
That's kind of a drag that Chi-town ain't getting the Olympics. There would have been spillover (read: Tourist $$$) up here in Milwaukee.

I hear it's now between Madrid & Rio

That's the whole reason the president went and lobbied for it. I Don't get the people bashing this. isn't it his job to try and get the economy back on track? Wouldn't a worldwide event like, I don't know, say... THE OLYMPICS be a boos to our economy and thus be a big help toward that goal? So what's the problem?

:cool:

Mr.G
02-Oct-2009, 08:43 PM
Rio is a good choice but having the USA as the first nation out is BS. I'd be fine not trying to host again. NYC didn't get many votes before and now Chicago...something doesn't seem right.

Sour grapes? Maybe, but that's the way I feel.

SymphonicX
03-Oct-2009, 09:46 AM
Bah, don't turn it into an anti-american panel beating session.

Rio got it, you didn't, maybe next time for USA to do it...at least you don't have to build a billion dollar stadium during a recession!!!

It'll come round to you guys again, we hadn't got it since 1948 or something so the UK sympahises!

Eyebiter
03-Oct-2009, 12:03 PM
The City of Chicago spent $50 million dollars on just this bid for the Olympics.

And folks wonder why the sales tax is Chicago is 10.25%. Run away!

slickwilly13
03-Oct-2009, 02:17 PM
10.25%? WTF?! Its only 8.25 % here. Besides, I would rather go to Rio than Chicago any day. The ladies are probably hotter, too.

SymphonicX
03-Oct-2009, 02:26 PM
I went to Rio over four years ago and most of the women were weather beaten trogs...!! Saw one fit girl, beautiful body and great boobage - she was american though...

ProfessorChaos
04-Oct-2009, 06:10 PM
i'm thrilled that chicago won't get the chance to host the olympics anytime soon. they already drain all kinds of money from my state. it also irritated me about the celeb-in-chief, mrs. celeb, and their super celeb pal O were out trying to convince the olympic commitee that chicago practically deserved this honor.

not that i pay to much attention to the games anyway, i just really fucking hate chicago and have meet more than my fair share of assholes from the windy city who couldn't get over themselves, if for nothing more than just being from there.

EvilNed
04-Oct-2009, 07:04 PM
The City of Chicago spent $50 million dollars on just this bid for the Olympics.

You're joking, right?

Arcades057
07-Oct-2009, 04:36 PM
Chicago, Illinois, and America would have spent money on hosting the Olympics, not made any money. Chicago = Union labor; Union labor = paying 15 guys to watch 1 dude dig a hole... only to find out that guy was digging in the wrong place anyway. Now they have to go and get another permit to dig a hole where they were supposed to dig; but, look at that! It looks like it's about to rain! Not THEIR fault, see? So they go home and get paid for the rest of the day they were supposed to work. That hole eventually gets dug about 2 days later (gotta let the ground dry out, you know).

By the time the Olympics came around Chicago would've been 5 billion dollars in the hole and the Olympics would've made about 2 billion in revenue for the city.

And, of course, the cloud of smug rising from Chicago and the White House might very well have extinguished all life on the planet.

darth los
07-Oct-2009, 04:50 PM
And, of course, the cloud of smug rising from Chicago and the White House might very well have extinguished all life on the planet.

I believe the cloud of smug eminating from conservatives reveling in the Failure of our president and thus the U. S. have already taken care of that. :)

:cool:

strayrider
07-Oct-2009, 08:13 PM
I believe the cloud of smug eminating from conservatives reveling in the Failure of our president and thus the U. S. have already taken care of that. :)

"Some" Conservatives, you mean. I personally love Chicago Land and hoped they would get the Olympic Games (I personally find the Olympics a waste of time (except for women's curling), but that is beside the point).

:D

-stray-