PDA

View Full Version : For the second year in a row, George Romero....

Philly_SWAT
03-Oct-2009, 04:00 PM
CANCELS AT THE LAST MINUTE TO SCREAMFEST!!!

DO you think that people use celebrity names to sell tickets, KNOWING that person is not coming? IN fact, they never even contacted the person to begin with? Otherwise, why would GAR do that 2 years in a row?

Mike70
03-Oct-2009, 06:02 PM

DO you think that people use celebrity names to sell tickets, KNOWING that person is not coming? IN fact, they never even contacted the person to begin with? Otherwise, why would GAR do that 2 years in a row?

that sucks big time. two years in a row, huh? if romero was the only reason to go, i don't think i'd buy tickets again.

nice to see you back and that you aren't dead from a massive nerdgasm after seeing this:

http://www.dvdoutsider.co.uk/newscovers/d/dawnofdead_br.jpg

Zombo
03-Oct-2009, 06:24 PM
George has come to Dragon Con twice in recent years, I've never been able to find the guy. He's never in the autograph room when I'm there. Bummer.

krakenslayer
03-Oct-2009, 06:32 PM
Zombo...? I realise that's probably a common forum name but did you used to post on All Things Zombie?

Zombo
03-Oct-2009, 06:34 PM
Nope, I'm 'Tennessee Zombie' over there. :D

Danny
03-Oct-2009, 06:36 PM

this is nothing new, a convention will sell it with a quest appearing, and all they will get is a c and d order at worst and take there name off, people pay to see em and they dont turn up because they were never going to in the first place.

krakenslayer
03-Oct-2009, 06:40 PM
Nope, I'm 'Tennessee Zombie' over there. :D

Ohh, okeydokey! :D There used to be a regular who used the "zombo" screen name over there and a very similar avatar. Coincidence. :p

MikePizzoff
05-Oct-2009, 07:35 AM
http://www.dvdoutsider.co.uk/newscovers/d/dawnofdead_br.jpg

Um, what the hell is that?!?!?! How have I missed this?