PDA

View Full Version : Tamiflu...(and swine flu)

SymphonicX
04-Oct-2009, 11:35 PM
What do you think about Tamiflu? I'm actually a bit dubious about it. I know this is gonna sound weird - but on a directory website that has a community section, an anonymous doctor (or person claiming to be) gave a very strong explanation around the experimental and dangerous aspects of the vaccine (saying he'd be "struck off" for going public, this also coincides with similar things I've heard from different people, to top it all off it's apparently developed by a D Rumsfeld company...(?)

Whilst I don't normally listen to nutcases - David Ike gave quite a good argument against getting it too...now I feel like even more of a crackpot...!

I dunno if what I'm hearing is bullshit...It's hard to get a balanced view on it but my current stance is "no" - I'd rather my immune system cope with the virus and be gone with it....touch wood it doesn't happen anyway.

Also you're not hearing so much about it now right? It started in June I think...I gave it two months, lol...it did last a bit longer...

I think we're hearing a lot about dodgy vaccines since that kid got brain damage from the MMR jab...and recently a cervical cancer jab that's been called into question...I wouldn't trust Rumsfeld not to throw a shitty stick at me, let alone be needlemaster.

excuse the ramblings, tired...:)

Danny
05-Oct-2009, 07:08 AM
What do you think about Tamiflu? I'm actually a bit dubious about it. I know this is gonna sound weird - but on a directory website that has a community section, an anonymous doctor (or person claiming to be) gave a very strong explanation around the experimental and dangerous aspects of the vaccine (saying he'd be "struck off" for going public, this also coincides with similar things I've heard from different people, to top it all off it's apparently developed by a D Rumsfeld company...(?)

Whilst I don't normally listen to nutcases - David Ike gave quite a good argument against getting it too...now I feel like even more of a crackpot...!

I dunno if what I'm hearing is bullshit...It's hard to get a balanced view on it but my current stance is "no" - I'd rather my immune system cope with the virus and be gone with it....touch wood it doesn't happen anyway.

Also you're not hearing so much about it now right? It started in June I think...I gave it two months, lol...it did last a bit longer...

I think we're hearing a lot about dodgy vaccines since that kid got brain damage from the MMR jab...and recently a cervical cancer jab that's been called into question...I wouldn't trust Rumsfeld not to throw a shitty stick at me, let alone be needlemaster.

excuse the ramblings, tired...:)

david ike?, as in "george bush is a lizard man working for the illuminate to bring in the new world order" david ike?"

Your going to get dodgy vaccines sometimes, hell the way a vaccine works is including a small portion of what its trying to immunize you to being introduced into your system to be fought off, so its impossible for a run of a vaccine to have not one negative effect, its just going to happen. Plus human error will always occur, no matter how stringent you are safety wise.
But then no vaccines are mandatory so its up to the individual i guess, it wouldn't be the first time theres been a bad run of vaccines, if you want to take the risk its up to you.

MinionZombie
05-Oct-2009, 09:43 AM
A mate of mine has a suspected possible case of Swine Flu, so he's on the Tamiflu at the moment. Will see what he makes of it as-and-when.

I think we're hearing a lot about dodgy vaccines since that kid got brain damage from the MMR jab

I'd heard that that was in fact complete bullshit in the end, and that the vaccine had actually been fine. I do remember the whole panic about it back in the day, and I'll say what I said repeatedly at the time - I had the MMR, and I'm perfectly fine, just like millions upon millions of people.

There's always a teeny, tiny, slim chance of something going wrong - like hellsing says, you're injecting a portion of the actual thing into your system so it can combat it, how else are you going to defend against it? - didn't Blair make it worse by refusing to say whether his kid got the MMR or not? No wonder there was a panic about it.

But I recall hearing about it on a Charlie Brooker show - Newswipe most likely - and there was a guy specifically covering the whole MMR scare thing, and how the news blew it out of proportion and constantly got facts wrong and so on.

Unless I'm mistaken, but I do remember something like that recently.