PDA

View Full Version : William Hague's Labour legacy bitch list...

MinionZombie
05-Oct-2009, 01:08 PM
Damn straight.

You could easily bung a few more in there, such as pissing tax payer money up several public sector walls, the increase in useless Quangos, the growth in non-jobs, bureaucracy and red tape, multiple assaults on Civil Liberties, disrespecting gentlemen's agreements (e.g. two Labour MPs as Speaker in a row, or announcing policy during another party's conference week), taking the art (and frequency) of lying to all new levels, and Harriet Harman.

I could think of more, but I'm tuckered out for now.

- £22,500 of debt for every child born in Britain
- 111 tax rises from a government that promised no tax rises at all
- The longest national tax code in the world
- 100,000 million pounds drained from British pension funds
- Gun crime up by 57%
- Violent crime up 70%
- The highest proportion of children living in workless households anywhere in Europe
- The number of pensioners living in poverty up by 100,000
- The lowest level of social mobility in the developed world
- The only G7 country with no growth this year
- One in six young people neither earning nor learning
- 5 million people on out-of –work benefits
- Missing the target of halving child poverty
- Ending up with child poverty rising in each of the last three years instead
- Cancer survival rates among the worst in Europe
- Hospital-acquired infections killing nearly three times as many people as are killed on the roads
- Falling from 4th to 13th in the world competitiveness league
- Falling from 8th to 24th in the world education rankings in maths
- Falling from 7th to 17th in the rankings in literacy
- The police spending more time on paperwork than on the beat
- Fatal stabbings at an all-time high
- Prisoners released without serving their sentences
- Foreign prisoners released and never deported
- 7 million people without an NHS dentist
- Small business taxes going up
- Business taxes raised from among the lowest to among the highest in Europe
- Tax rises for working people set for after the election
- The 10p tax rate abolished
- And the ludicrous promise to have ended boom and bust
- Our gold reserves sold for a quarter of their worth
- Our armed forces overstretched and under-supplied
- Profitable post offices closed against their will
- One of the highest rates of family breakdown in Europe
- The ‘Golden Rule’ on borrowing abandoned when it didn’t fit
- Police inspectors in 10,Downing Street
- Dossiers that were dodgy
- Mandelson resigning the first time
- Mandelson resigning the second time
- Mandelson coming back for a third time
- Bad news buried
- Personal details lost
- An election bottled
- A referendum denied

EvilNed
05-Oct-2009, 01:51 PM
- Fatal stabbings at an all-time high

This is what happens when you allow dueling.

Danny
05-Oct-2009, 02:26 PM
This is what happens when you allow dueling.

listen, mu'a'fucker, i aint givin' up dueling for shit, how else do i solve a dispute over a discourteous debate over a spilt ale?

MinionZombie
05-Oct-2009, 05:36 PM
listen, mu'a'fucker, i aint givin' up dueling for shit, how else do i solve a dispute over a discourteous debate over a spilt ale?
Dick sucking contest.

Sorry, I've just listened to the latest SModcast, so Kevin Smith's dick-obsessed brand of humour is all up in my brain right now.

Incidentally, SMod'95 is a recording of their latest live SMod ... while decent, I'd be pissed if I paid $45-$90 to see that. I mean, 50 minutes talking about some movie with Sissy Spacek in it? I could just watch the movie, bitch.

Anyway ... on the issue of the multi-titled, unelected, snake-in-the-grass, "lord of darkness" Peter bloody Mandelson, here's a clip of Hague himself laying into him in his own way (on BBC iPlayer) - it really sums up Labour's disdain for democracy quite well:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8290938.stm

ALSO, go here for another video of another part of Hague's speach:
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/video/Conservative-Party-Conference-William-Hague-Speech/Video/200910115399807?lpos=video_Article_Related_Content _Region_2&lid=VIDEO_15399807_Conservative_Party_Conference_W illiam_Hague_Speech

Tricky
05-Oct-2009, 06:23 PM
Hagues a good man in my opinion, he gets mocked for his leadership of the party back in the late 90's, but people forget that labour were still basking in landslide election results & good headlines back then due to all the promises they have since proved they couldnt keep or had no intention of fulfilling, & the tory party were a routed rabble after the '97 defeat. In the next government if the tories get into power I think Hague will be a big player. His stance on Europe is one thing I support him on,providing he doesnt go turncoat on us when battle commences!

MinionZombie
05-Oct-2009, 07:39 PM
I don't think Hague would pull such a move.

Also - unsurprisingly, given Labour's completely disregard and disrespect for the gentlemen's agreement of not announcing shit while the other parties are having a conference - Badger Darling is going to announce some bullshit pile of wank sack of crap ahead of his opposition counterpart's speach.

I mean seriously, how childish, school playground, pathetic, nasty, low-down, limp-dickedness of him and Labour.

I mean fucking hell. :mad:

Neil
06-Oct-2009, 11:32 AM
The thing is, which ever party wins the next election, the country is in such a mess:-
a) They'll pull cheap wins to try and gain favour, which in the longterm will achieve nothing and actually make things worse.
b) Make the tough decisions that will make a difference, but will make them unpopular so they'll lose the following election.

MinionZombie
06-Oct-2009, 12:31 PM
The thing is, which ever party wins the next election, the country is in such a mess:-
a) They'll pull cheap wins to try and gain favour, which in the longterm will achieve nothing and actually make things worse.
b) Make the tough decisions that will make a difference, but will make them unpopular so they'll lose the following election.
A) A bit too cynical perhaps.

What's more likely - and actually happening - is the out-going party gets nasty, underhanded, desperate and pathetic all at once.

B) Labour got in for a 3rd parliament (they'd never had a 3rd one before), and the previous round of Tories were in for 18 years - even John Major won an election. Bush got a 2nd term also.

The public should be given more credit, and are well aware tough decisions have to be made, and it'll be hard and not nice - but Labour got us into this mess, so we have to be gotten out of it. It's been a big old lesson to the nation, I'd be surprised if Britain got into this amount of mess again until a long time in the future - e.g. the Great Depression being a massive balls up, and the Credit Crunch being the worst since then.

I also don't see any evidence of "cheap wins". There's definitely "cheap attacks" though, but again, it's more often than not coming from the out-going party and the fifth wheel party.

Neil
06-Oct-2009, 12:50 PM
I hope you're right...

Tricky
06-Oct-2009, 01:13 PM
Unfortunately it doesnt seem to matter who you vote for this time round, you'll still get Blair :(

Neil
06-Oct-2009, 01:21 PM
Unfortunately it doesnt seem to matter who you vote for this time round, you'll still get Blair :(
Still waiting for the enquiry finding him guilty over Iraq... I'll be waiting forever for that one...

Tricky
06-Oct-2009, 02:00 PM
Still waiting for the enquiry finding him guilty over Iraq... I'll be waiting forever for that one...

What I cant understand is how he seems to be Europes golden boy, despite the mass opposition of Europe towards both the Iraq war & Blairs close ties with America, or does it all come from the secret handshake society that the conspiracy theorists all believe in?

MinionZombie
06-Oct-2009, 04:47 PM
What I cant understand is how he seems to be Europes golden boy, despite the mass opposition of Europe towards both the Iraq war & Blairs close ties with America, or does it all come from the secret handshake society that the conspiracy theorists all believe in?
It comes from Blair being a sleazy, unkillable c**t with powerful connections.

And might I add, again, for good measure, fuck the EU. :mad:

_liam_
09-Oct-2009, 09:39 AM
"sleazy, unkillable c**t with powerful connections"

erm

:lol:

Unlike most of the Torys then!

Seriously man how can you say that when you surely know that most of the Torys are public school, old/big money, bullingdon club Oxford dudes, perhaps the embodiment of how Britain's class system corrupts politics?

I'm actually looking forward to them getting voted in MZ, just try not to have a nervous breakdown when you realise how much worse they are than New Labour & this board fills with their many failures, broken promises, scandals & indiscretions :dead:

They may well sort out the economic mess, and they did in 1979. But that came at a huge cost ("Dude... where's our industries?"), and remember this crisis is worse...

MinionZombie
09-Oct-2009, 10:09 AM
Actually, as a matter of fact, the number of privately educated Conservatives is falling in number, and those state educated is rising. Same goes for the 'old Etonian' reverse-snobbery bullshit, and this Bullingdon Club wank.

Summarised from the October 2009 issue of Total Politics:

Byron Criddle of The Almanac of British Politics. He calculates that the proportion of privately-educated Conservative MPs will fall to 52% next year if 326 Tory MPs are elected. That figure compares to a parliamentary Conservative Party that was 70% privately-educated in 1983, the year of Margaret Thatcher's landslide victory. The proportion has been 60% during this parliament.

Total Politics also reports that 16% of Labour MPs will be privately-educated.

Mr Criddle also reports that Oxbridge-educated Conservative MPs will form 33% of the parliamentary party; down from 43% in 2005.

5% (16) of the MPs will be Old Etonians, compared to 10% (32) in 1992.

And from ConservativeHome Blog:
http://conservativehome.blogs.com/goldlist/2009/09/proportion-of-privatelyeducated-tory-mps-is-set-to-fall-further.html

ConservativeHome's own survey of the 200 Tory candidates in already held and target seats produced the following results:

39% of the next generation of Tory MPs went to a state comprehensive school.

13% went to state grammars.

36% attended independent schools.

The percentages do not add up to 100% as some candidates attended a variety of different schools.

The person you are at 17-21 is totally different to who you are at 40. Hell, me at 20 and me at 25 are two different people.

I couldn't give a toss wank where someone comes from, as long as they've got the right policies, the leadership quality, and they're out to do some good.

This reverse-snobbery and class-war bullshit is retarded, quite frankly.

On a cheerier note, I found this quite funny:
http://dizzythinks.net/2009/10/edgy-cameron-mash-up.html

_liam_
09-Oct-2009, 10:27 AM
Er... that's just an analyst saying he predicts it might fall to 52%.

So when I said they were mostly Oxbridge chaps... I wasn't talking "bullshit" or "wank", was I? :lol:

MinionZombie
09-Oct-2009, 11:57 AM
So when I said they were mostly Oxbridge chaps... I wasn't talking "bullshit" or "wank", was I? :lol:

In a way you still are - because you speak of it negatively. It's reverse-snobbery - hence wanky bullshit.

Regardless of what "might" happen, it still illustrates a trend in the party - falling numbers of privately educated MPs, and rising numbers of state educated MPs.

Labour have something like 16% of theirs privately educated, and the LibDems have 30-something-% privately educated - but you know what? Who cares?

What I do object to are MPs who bemoan "Tory Toffs" and "Bullingdon this, Private that", but send their kids to private school. I don't mind them sending their kids private, not at all, but I object to the bullshit hypocrisy.

Reverse-snobbery is just pathetic, quite frankly.

As I said earlier - I couldn't give a toss-wank what someone's background is (private or state educated, rich or poor, whatever) as long as they're doing a good job - and that's over the entire political spectrum too.

_liam_
09-Oct-2009, 01:37 PM
Ok so the Torys don't have a record of giving preferential treatment to the monied & upper middle class via their policies :rockbrow:

I'M the charlatan, you obviously know more about politics than I do, I'll just be quiet and let you cut & paste stuff from biased sources & spout rhetoric laced with bad language and personal insults!

How dare you accuse me of prejudice when you so obviously have a slightly unbalanced vendetta against New Labour

MinionZombie
09-Oct-2009, 05:38 PM
Ok so the Torys don't have a record of giving preferential treatment to the monied & upper middle class via their policies :rockbrow:

I'M the charlatan, you obviously know more about politics than I do, I'll just be quiet and let you cut & paste stuff from biased sources & spout rhetoric laced with bad language and personal insults!

How dare you accuse me of prejudice when you so obviously have a slightly unbalanced vendetta against New Labour
Man, I'm just saying my view. You've been saying your piece, I've been saying my piece. Simple. What's wrong with that?

What source isn't biased one way or the other, when you really think about it?

I dislike New Labour because of their policies and their style of government, but I don't deny that at times they have done correct things. I myself benefitted from the influx of new school text books after they won the 1997 election, and recently I was on their side in that much hyped "animal people mad science!!!!11!1!!11!one!" bill - it was good that they voted in favour of it. I remember saying so more than once at the time, the very same thing, here on HPOTD.

Equally though, at the same time as the example of the "embryology bill" (I believe it was called), there was another bill ... if memory serves it was that 42 Days bill, perhaps another, but I think it was that one ... they voted for 42 Days and I was wholly opposed to that.

I'm no politician, I don't have to conduct myself politely if I don't want to when talking about Brown, in my view he's a bastard, in my view - but that's just a throw away jibe.

My reason for considering him a bastard is lengthy and based on his (and his party's) policies, and how he comes across to me in his attitude.

You could just as easily accuse New Labour, or a myriad of other political parties, of favouring one group or another, or indeed switching allegiances, or playing two sides at the same time.

I don't mean to personally offend you, but when you go off into "Tory Toff" territory, to me that's reverse-snobbery. My point is, it shouldn't matter what background an MP has - just as long as they're in it for the right reasons and are trying their best, regardless of political hue.

Diane Abbott for example - on the Labour side - I don't agree with some of the things she says, but agree with others, and I respect her attitude and approach to politics. I don't agree with her party enough to vote for them, but then I'm not attracted to the Labour or LibDem way of doing things.

The Conservative Party is by no means perfect, no political party is and never can be, but I respect and believe in their core principles and attitude to governing. I don't agree with everything they say, I don't swallow their line like a cock-smoking crack addict looking for a fix by whatever means.

I also believe that any political party is capable of change, and indeed - as time moves on, as people retire, as new blood is recruited, and social attitudes naturally evolve - you're going to see each party grow, change, and evolve around their core principles.

Like I said above - your view, my view. How is this wrong?

In future I won't discuss any politics with you.

_liam_
09-Oct-2009, 06:28 PM
There's no need to do that, I'm just offended because you described an attitude I specifically aligned myself with as "retarded" or "bullshit" or whatever, while I'm sure you weren't addressing me specifically, it's still bad form. But yeah seeing I guess to a degree I'm being pedantic & throwing my toys out of the pram a bit. But I'm definitely not questioning your right to voice your opinion, I'm just saying let's keep it cricketlike

The thing is New Labour are very much in bed with the same agendas & idealogy the Torys are, & because you appear to perceive a gulf between Fake Labour and the Torys, I worry that you seem to believe that today they are The Conservative Party in name only & that they really will carry out their promises.

Of course I'm not mystic meg & I don't know for sure that they won't, but what astonishes me is that you see right through Fake Labour's Spin & Folly, but not the Torys. Similarly you are willing to judge NL on precedents, but obviously not the Torys. He who ignores history...

I'm not being so pompous as to suggest you aren't aware of the party's past, but I question the rationale by which you ignore it...

I think ultimately as fairly liberal generation y media types, we want roughly the same things from life & the state, and I myself have no Party or agenda, and to be honest I just don't get how an upstanding chap such as yourself - who sees the shortcomings of other parties - can stick up for the Torys!

MinionZombie
09-Oct-2009, 09:15 PM
New Labour are very much in bed with the same agendas & idealogy the Torys are

I don't agree with that at all personally.

I'm not being so pompous as to suggest you aren't aware of the party's past, but I question the rationale by which you ignore it...

I think ultimately as fairly liberal generation y media types, we want roughly the same things from life & the state, and I myself have no Party or agenda, and to be honest I just don't get how an upstanding chap such as yourself - who sees the shortcomings of other parties - can stick up for the Torys!

First point you raise - I don't ignore it, for example, I'm totally against the control of the meeja during the Falklands (like that nonsense when they dubbed Gerry Adams), and quite specifically - being a monster raving loony fan for horror films - if I'd been this age in the 1980s, I'd have been REALLY fucked off with the whole Video Nasties thing (found it hilarious that they at the time never enacted the VRA properly - so right now, it's not law! :lol: - Not for long though, it's being fixed).

Just a couple that spring to mind. However, as I referred to somewhat earlier, I strongly believe that all parties do change after they've been booted out. 70s Labour, and 00's Labour - while sharing the same core principles - are two different parties, in two different eras.

The birth of the NHS - totally in favour of it - although I reject the opinion of the architect of the NHS who considered Conservatives to be absolute scum (can't remember the exact quote, but it was far from flattery :p).

As for the second part, while I'd never be a member of any party, I do firmly believe in today's Conservative Party, and when I look at the range of parties out there, they're the ones who best suit my outlook on life.

The violent media 'thing' remains to be seen, but I've been impressed thus far with the Shadow Culture Secretary's talking-up of the UK's games industry, even pointing directly to the success of Rockstar Games. I'd think today they're above such scare stories as Video Nasties - I think that's run it's course long ago.

I think it's perfectly fine to support one party over the other, while recognising they have flaws, but ultimately believing that their way of doing things is best suited to you.

Recognising the faults of other parties is therefore more likely to happen, as they're parties that weren't best suited to your own views, but I can still say "yay" to things that the LibDems have stood up for (e.g. the whole Gurkha thing), or UKIP (although I don't believe we should be totally out of the EU, I do firmly think we should only be involved in terms of trading and issues that involve borders) - the latter one ties in with my distinct distaste for "big government".

I prefer individual responsibility, and local organisation, with the central state just keeping the main things running and ticking over.

an upstanding chap such as yourself

;)

Right, better go watch the rest of this Peep Show episode. :cool: