PDA

View Full Version : Screw Verizon!!!

MikePizzoff
06-Oct-2009, 06:34 PM
At the old place we had Comcast. Like some other members here, I had nothing but problems with them.

So, when I was moving into this new house which was pre-equipped with Verizon, I was pretty excited. But, that's when my TV/internet problems REALLY began (and I thought Comcast sucked!).

First, our Verizon wireless router would let all of my room mates laptops (Windows) connect to it, but mine (Mac) could never get on. There was no valid explanation for this so I ended up having to run an ethernet cord from the downstairs to my room, upstairs.

Then, I got a set-top box for my room in the upstairs. Hooked it up - nothing happened. You know why? After hours (and I mean hours) of time spent on hold on the phone and on the live chat, I finally discover that when Verizon "fully converted" this house from Comcast, they failed to "convert" the cables that run to the upstairs! So, there is NO way of getting Verizon up there!!!

So what does that mean for me? GUESS WHAT!

Instead of them fessing up for not doing their job properly the first time, they're going to charge us $79.95 just to have a guy come out and "confirm" my "suspicions" about the cable not being hooked up. Once he discovers that I'm correct, they are then going to charge me $59.95 for him to properly convert my room... like was supposed to be done the first time around!

:mad::mad::mad: I'm ready to stick my head through a wall. :mad::mad::mad:

EvilNed
06-Oct-2009, 06:36 PM
You don't see a pattern to all this? It's your Mac. I hate Macs. I wish they'd die and go away.

MikePizzoff
06-Oct-2009, 06:38 PM
You don't see a pattern to all this? It's your Mac. I hate Macs. I wish they'd die and go away.

NED, the Mac was only a miniscule problem compared to this money bullshit they're pulling with no-doubt tens of thousands of people across the country. The Mac really has zero (possibly even negative 100) to do with them not running a cable so I can have Fios TV upstairs, like they were supposed to.

Kaos
06-Oct-2009, 06:46 PM
I have verizon. My internet connection, wireless access, and settop boxes were confirmed operational before the tech left my house on the initial install. Haven't had a problem yet. Although no internal rewiring was necessary once their line was in the house. They are a bureaucracy though so when you do have a problem, it is a pain in the ass to resolve... much like Comcast.

EvilNed
06-Oct-2009, 06:46 PM
I don't know, I would never trust a mouse without a slit.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Oct-2009, 06:49 PM
When my current contract is up, March 2010 with Verizon, I am going back to Comcast. Every HD channel I am supposed to get now costs extra, meaning I have to update to a higher priced package and another 2 year agreement. I told them fuck that.

Verizon can kiss my ass.

MikePizzoff
06-Oct-2009, 06:52 PM
I have verizon. My internet connection, wireless access, and settop boxes were confirmed operational before the tech left my house on the initial install. Haven't had a problem yet. Although no internal rewiring was necessary once their line was in the house. They are a bureaucracy though so when you do have a problem, it is a pain in the ass to resolve... much like Comcast.

If only things worked like that for me. However, things never work properly the first time around (be it Comcast, Verizon, or any other service I attempt to receive).

blind2d
07-Oct-2009, 12:35 AM
Verizon, man... creeps me out... seriously, all their commercials suck monkey nuts! I mean, we're supposed to like this polished, youthful barf-brain hip-talkin' poster boy?! He's snarkin' Aryan! (no offense to anyone here). But really, the overweight red-head seems like a much more interesting person. Also, netflix killed Blockbuster. It's happened right in my backyard. :(:(

MikePizzoff
07-Oct-2009, 02:39 AM
Also, netflix killed Blockbuster. It's happened right in my backyard. :(:(

Sorry, bud, but...

HAIL NETFLIX

clanglee
07-Oct-2009, 02:59 AM
I don't know, I would never trust a mouse without a slit.

For some reason this sounds really dirty to me. . . .:o

blind2d
08-Oct-2009, 02:33 AM
Yeah clang!
I know, it's just... changing times... society is becoming less and less tactile. Pretty soon we'll be able to live our entire lives without coming into direct contact with another human... it makes me think, and makes me sad. Technology is just progressing so rapidly these days... I hope we don't lose our humanity in the end... Might be a good story idea here...

bassman
08-Oct-2009, 01:42 PM
When you pay your bill....send em a check like this one. Nice little form of payback.

MikePizzoff
08-Oct-2009, 04:45 PM
When you pay your bill....send em a check like this one. Nice little form of payback.

http://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=34e4a894fd&view=att&th=12417ad29d5ae8ff&attid=0.8&disp=emb&zw

You tried to embed an e-mail instead of a picture.

bassman
08-Oct-2009, 05:32 PM
You tried to embed an e-mail instead of a picture.

So I did. My mistake, man.:o

And now I can't seem to find the image. Damn. Move along folks. Nothing to see here.:lol:

acealive1
09-Oct-2009, 05:12 AM
Verizon, man... creeps me out... seriously, all their commercials suck monkey nuts! I mean, we're supposed to like this polished, youthful barf-brain hip-talkin' poster boy?! He's snarkin' Aryan! (no offense to anyone here). But really, the overweight red-head seems like a much more interesting person. Also, netflix killed Blockbuster. It's happened right in my backyard. :(:(

at&t is worse

kortick
09-Oct-2009, 03:35 PM
I dont have any problems with Verizon.
The internet is fast and I really dont watch
too much tv ill admit but what they have is good.

The guy came in and wired up the whole place,
was a pain in the ass for him too cuz i was my
usual charming self.

I cant see how they can charge you extra for
something they forgot.

This guy had a list of every room in the house
I told him I wanted wired either for internet or
TV, he also had a list of which rooms I wanted the
DVRs in and which ones I wanted just regular boxes
and HD boxes.

If that room was on your original order then u should
not be charged. Tell them to get thier asses out there
and hook u up.

He went thru and showed me every computer online
and all TVs getting signals, and DVR functions after he
was done.

Call and bitch at them insessantly.
They arent too bright, they offered me a 26' lcd
tv or 6 months movie package free as a promo.

I took the movie package, its been well over 6 months
and i'm still getting it free.

If that room was on the order u placed for installation
then dont pay them. call and be a bastard, they should
not only do it for free but give u a movie package as
a 'were sorry' gesture.

Hell ill call them for you. They dread my voice as it is.

Eyebiter
10-Oct-2009, 03:38 PM
When the Verizon guy shows up bribe him with Starbucks coffee and donuts. If you have a hot girlfriend it helps if she hangs around and flirts with them too. Know someone who got free HBO/SHOWTIME/STARZ super pack that way from the local cable company.