PDA

View Full Version : The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue

ryansson
07-Oct-2009, 10:43 AM
I have this somewhere on VHS and was thinking of adding it to my rather modest Zed collection on dvd, does anyone know if it transferred well? Thought it was a good attempt at the genre myself and who could resist them fashion statements??

krakenslayer
07-Oct-2009, 10:48 AM
I have the Anchor Bay DVD, which I bought years ago. To me, it looks absolutely terrific. I mean, it looks like it was shot last year with actors in 1970s period costume.

Seen it in the cinema too. It's a fantastic zombie movie with the balls to bend the rules (bear in mind it was made before Dawn so the "rules" of the zombie genre were not quite as "set in stone" as they are now).

ryansson
07-Oct-2009, 11:12 AM
Might this be the version you have?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Living-Dead-Manchester-Morgue-DVD/dp/B000063KLI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1254913818&sr=8-3

SymphonicX
07-Oct-2009, 11:18 AM
awesome movie, rented it when I was a kid and picked up the Anchor Bay dvd about 7 years ago, very good fun

krakenslayer
07-Oct-2009, 11:19 AM
Might this be the version you have?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Living-Dead-Manchester-Morgue-DVD/dp/B000063KLI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1254913818&sr=8-3

That's the badger!

ryansson
07-Oct-2009, 11:21 AM
Good stuff, think that will be going on my shopping list:D

MinionZombie
07-Oct-2009, 12:06 PM
Good stuff, think that will be going on my shopping list:D
I too have that DVD. Bought it a number of years ago now.

However, get the Blue Underground R0 2-disc edition. It's got a bunch of extras that the R2 doesn't have:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Living-Dead-Manchester-Morgue-DVD/dp/B000YKI4U4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1254916962&sr=1-2

#
R0 SE America - (Blue Underground)
#
Extras:
DISC ONE
*The Film
"Introduction to the movie by director Jorge Grau" -featurette
Trailers:
-International
-US
-TV-spot ("Don't Open the Window")
Radio spots
Poster & still gallery

DISC TWO
"Back to the Morgue - On Location with Director Jorge Grau" -documentary (45 min)
"Zombie Fighter - Interview with actor Ray Lovelock" -featurette (16 min)
"Zombie Maker - Interview with Special Effects Artist Giannetto De Rossi" -featurette (17 min)
"2000 Interview with Director Jorge Grau" -featurette (20 min)
#
Aspect Ratio:
1.85:1
#
Picture Format:
Anamorphic
#
TV System:
NTSC
#
Soundtrack(s):
English Dolby Digital 5.1
English Dolby Digital 2.0 surround
English Dolby Digital 2.0 mono
#
Case type:
2-Disc Amaray (Keep) Case
#
Notes:
Name: "The Living Dead At The Manchester Morgue".

From: http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=1922#overall

ryansson
07-Oct-2009, 12:09 PM
Have only got a region 2 dvd, that one is region 1, but have heard you can unblock dvd players can you not?

MinionZombie
07-Oct-2009, 12:12 PM
Have only got a region 2 dvd, that one is region 1, but have heard you can unblock dvd players can you not?
Well actually it's a R0 DVD, which should play just fine anywhere.

But yes, if you Google up something like "DVD handset hacks", you'll no doubt find a site (possibly VideoHelp), and you input your player's make and model and you'll most likely find something.

I did a handset hack for my Samsung DVD player years ago and it worked a treat. I've got so many R1 DVDs now, but the aforementioned DVD in my previous post appears to be R0.

Ghost Of War
07-Oct-2009, 12:13 PM

It's Region 0, so you don't need your player unlocked. I've just ordered this, thanks for the link MZ.

btw ryansson, where abouts in Liverpool are you?

ryansson
07-Oct-2009, 12:42 PM
Ah cool, didn't know RO's played anywhere, thanks for that:)

GOW, I actually live just outside Liverpool in a place called Lydiate, but spending most of time in Cheshire at mo at lass's

EvilNed
07-Oct-2009, 03:02 PM
I love this film. I think it's great.

MinionZombie
07-Oct-2009, 05:17 PM
Damn straight. *high five*

MoonSylver
07-Oct-2009, 10:39 PM

As do I. One of my favorites of the "classic" zombie movies. Holds a special place historically, along with "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things" (which I also love) as one of the few POST Night but PRE Dawn zombie flicks.