PDA

View Full Version : Finally got around to seeing DaVinci Code and MI3

Tri0xin
25-May-2006, 06:28 AM
The DaVinci Code wasn't too bad, but it got a little long in the tooth toward the end and could have ended about five different times. As for MI3, it wasn't too bad either, except for the fact that Tom Cruise cried about 10 times in it. The guy is completely out of sync in this movie and I really do believe he is a closet gay. He seems to be OK when other men are in the scenes with him, but the scenes with women, he's just terrible, if not a bit awkward.

Cykotic
25-May-2006, 07:08 AM
Yeah, The DaVinci Code wasn't as bad as I thought It would be... I agree that it was too long, but I thought it was a good adaptation... but soon, we will have to put up with more Dan Brown book-to-film projects as Columbia Pictures as bought the rights to "Angels and Demons", "Deception Point" and "Digital Fortress" (I think that's what it's called,,,)

idsaluteyoubub
25-May-2006, 09:39 AM
Argh. Not more Dan Brown films...he is such a poor writer.

Hollywood should burn for this...and many many other things.

Cody
25-May-2006, 04:32 PM
yeah I thought DaVinci was good too

bassman
25-May-2006, 05:35 PM
The DaVinci Code wasn't too bad, but it got a little long in the tooth toward the end and could have ended about five different times. As for MI3, it wasn't too bad either, except for the fact that Tom Cruise cried about 10 times in it. The guy is completely out of sync in this movie and I really do believe he is a closet gay. He seems to be OK when other men are in the scenes with him, but the scenes with women, he's just terrible, if not a bit awkward.

I thought his acting in MI3 was spot on. And what does crying have to do with being gay? He's acting. If you were trying to save people that you loved would you not be upset and concerned? It showed a more personal side to Ethan Hunt.

That is, unless you're one of those types that think "Men don't cry":rolleyes: .....

BUTCHYPIE
25-May-2006, 10:46 PM
Agree on MI3. Liked the special effects and Philip Seymour Hoffman was good. The money shots were really cool. However, Tom was a little off. I really wanted to like it: heck, I paid a full-price ticket to go see it.

The whole thing with hiring an actress that looked just like Katie... weird. Cheesy ending stuff... (to spin off a sequel?)

I like the franchise, but this one missed the mark.

As far as Davinci, I'm going to see it, but I wanted to avoid the masses. I like the history in Brown's books, but I don't think he's a very good writer, either. His exposition pauses will drive you crazy, and they usually happen in the height of a chase scene...

Instead, I'm going to see a double feature at the drive-in: An American Haunting and Silent Hill (only $6 a person, and you can bring your own refreshments -- i.e. beer). Not to mention, the drive-in is directly next to a cemetery.

If you're near Atlanta, check it out! (http://www.starlightdrivein.com/)

Save our drive-ins, ya'll...

zombie04
25-May-2006, 11:47 PM
that drive-in looks great, especially that June 4th thing with Halloween and Pumpkinhead.

bassman
26-May-2006, 12:56 PM
Instead, I'm going to see a double feature at the drive-in: An American Haunting and Silent Hill (only $6 a person, and you can bring your own refreshments -- i.e. beer). Not to mention, the drive-in is directly next to a cemetery.

If you're near Atlanta, check it out! (http://www.starlightdrivein.com/)

Save our drive-ins, ya'll...

Hey, that's cool. I live around ATL as well, and I've been to that drive-in several times. Actually, just a few days ago I went to see "Over The Hedge" and "RV" with my little nephew. Small world....

HLS
27-May-2006, 12:34 AM
I thought MI3 was a little better than the code. Da Vinci Code was too slow and overly predictable