PDA

View Full Version : The Network Blu-Ray SUCKS!

DubiousComforts
08-Oct-2009, 12:11 AM
Found the link to this example of the upcoming Newtork Blu-Ray posted in another forum:

F3a8IRGZ5Co

This SUCKS!!! Sure, there is no cropping/squeezing like the 40th Weinstein edition, but the boosted contrast is awful, rendering this blu-ray totally unwatchable.

Tell me... are people intentionally trying to annoy me? I'm ready to go postal on the next bunch of asswipes that crap on NIGHT of the LIVING DEAD by releasing a piece of shite product.

I oughta drag them outside and feed them to those things!

blind2d
08-Oct-2009, 02:21 AM
It's blu-ray... naturally it's going to suck. I mean, who really needs such hyper-contrast? Not me, senor!

bassman
08-Oct-2009, 12:01 PM
It's blu-ray... naturally it's going to suck. I mean, who really needs such hyper-contrast? Not me, senor!

Let the shit storm begin....

SymphonicX
08-Oct-2009, 12:16 PM
I don't see a problem with it personally. I mean....none of us have actually seen it run in 1920x1080p have we?

DubiousComforts
08-Oct-2009, 12:37 PM
I don't see a problem with it personally. I mean....none of us have actually seen it run in 1920x1080p have we?
You don't need to if you're familiar with the film. I have the Optimum UK Blu-Ray for NIGHT; don't force me to post screencaps. ;)

SymphonicX
08-Oct-2009, 12:55 PM
ohh please do, I'd be entrigued to see the difference.

I've seen night maybe 5000 times in my lifetime so know it frame by frame...I just wasn't offended by the transfer quality, maybe a little dark - but what I mean is we're seeing this online at a much lower res probably on inferior monitors...so I reserve judgement til I see the full thing.

bassman
08-Oct-2009, 01:04 PM
I love me some Blu Ray, but I think the millennium edition is still the best transfer of Night. It looks great when upscaled....

krakenslayer
08-Oct-2009, 01:09 PM
I kind of like it. It looks sort of stylish.

capncnut
08-Oct-2009, 01:17 PM
Featureless white glare bollocks. Yeah, don't like that one little bit.