PDA

View Full Version : Just a short question...

Cykotic
25-May-2006, 09:30 AM
What is the most Surreal thing you have seen or said?

Adrenochrome
25-May-2006, 12:55 PM
"I'd rather drink the vomit of 20 hobos than watch a Peter Jackson movie"

bassman
25-May-2006, 01:13 PM
"I am the eggman oh, they are they eggmen,
Oh I am the walrus, GOO GOO GOO JOOB
GOO GOO GOO JOOB GOO GOO
GOOOOOOOOOOOJOOOOOB"

Lennon....a true genious.:D

Adrenochrome
25-May-2006, 01:31 PM
"I am the eggman oh, they are they eggmen,
Oh I am the walrus, GOO GOO GOO JOOB
GOO GOO GOO JOOB GOO GOO
GOOOOOOOOOOOJOOOOOB"

Lennon....a true genious.:D
F*CKING CRAZY!!!!!!
I was just listening to that song!

and yes, Lennon was a true genius.
I rented the movie Imagine for my gal, she'd never seen it.
When the end credits were rolling, she was crying a little.
I think what REALLY hit her was the scene where John is talking to the homeless guy that jumped the fence; John invited him in for something to eat.

I just remembered something "surreal" that happened to me when I was about 15....
I'd snuck out of the house to get baked with a friend of mine (it was close to midnight) - On the way home I saw this tall "being" standing in the middle of the sidewalk, wearing all black and faceless....by this time I was sober, so I wasn't hallucinating from the rag-weed we'd been ripped off with. It was human form, but not. It didn't move, it just stood there "looking" in my direction. It's the ONLY "paranormal" experience I've ever had that couldn't be explained. The hair on the back of my neck still stands on end when I think about it.

bassman
25-May-2006, 02:01 PM
F*CKING CRAZY!!!!!!
I was just listening to that song!

and yes, Lennon was a true genius.
I rented the movie Imagine for my gal, she'd never seen it.
When the end credits were rolling, she was crying a little.
I think what REALLY hit her was the scene where John is talking to the homeless guy that jumped the fence; John invited him in for something to eat.

I just remembered something "surreal" that happened to me when I was about 15....
I'd snuck out of the house to get baked with a friend of mine (it was close to midnight) - On the way home I saw this tall "being" standing in the middle of the sidewalk, wearing all black and faceless....by this time I was sober, so I wasn't hallucinating from the rag-weed we'd been ripped off with. It was human form, but not. It didn't move, it just stood there "looking" in my direction. It's the ONLY "paranormal" experience I've ever had that couldn't be explained. The hair on the back of my neck still stands on end when I think about it.

I had something like that happen....

I was about 16 I guess and I used to let my dog sleep with me on my bed. One night the dog woke me up with barking and when I looked up, there was this blurry human figure that looked like it was floating/walking across the room. At first I thought it was just because I had just woken up and my vision wasn't straight yet, but when I looked at the dog, she was barking at the figure and following it across the room with her head in the exact same spot I was seeing it. It took roughly 2 minutes before it was gone. I was on no drugs the night before, either.

I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night and just as adreno said, it still gives me the shivers when I think about it.

Adrenochrome
25-May-2006, 02:10 PM

I was about 16 I guess and I used to let my dog sleep with me on my bed. One night the dog woke me up with barking and when I looked up, there was this blurry human figure that looked like it was floating/walking across the room. At first I thought it was just because I had just woken up and my vision wasn't straight yet, but when I looked at the dog, she was barking at the figure and following it across the room with her head in the exact same spot I was seeing it. It took roughly 2 minutes before it was gone. I was on no drugs the night before, either.

I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night and just as adreno said, it still gives me the shivers when I think about it.
There are definitely strange things floating around this dimension of ours.
The house my gal and I bought has a "ghost". We've named her Lavender...We can hear feet running through the house at night. My gal often gets up and comforts her; she'll sit in the bedroom that's most active and sing a lullaby. There have been two occasions where I come out of the bathroom, looking down, and I see little girl feet.....but only for a fraction of a second. Lavender doesn't give me the creeps, she's playful, so I don't consider her "surreal" - I enjoy her company.

But, that damned thing on the sidewalk gave me the heebie jeebies!!! I can't explain it at all.

HLS
25-May-2006, 03:49 PM

I have seen ghosts. I lived a few haunted houses. One day when i was about 13 I felt I was being watched and the ghost of one of my dogs stood there looking at me. It stood there for about 2 or 3 minutes then walked off to my sisters room and he faded away as he walked down the hall. I was not scared, I was left speechless.

Adrenochrome
25-May-2006, 03:51 PM
I have seen ghosts. I lived a few haunted houses. One day when i was about 13 I felt I was being watched and the ghost of one of my dogs stood there looking at me. It stood there for about 2 or 3 minutes then walked off to my sisters room and he faded away as he walked down the hall. I was not scared, I was left speechless.
LOL........oh my
The "Ghost stories" you told me are ripped from the TV.
" I was left speechless" typical TV line.
Fish stories do not count.

MinionZombie
25-May-2006, 04:04 PM
Most recent one was to my sister when I was talking about Big Brother - after she told me this year's goes on for 13 weeks:

"I'll watch it, but I won't be happy about it" ... it was hella funny at the time anyway.

I've said some really weird things at times, but I keep forgetting them.

Hmmm...surreal things I've seen, erm...*thinks hard*...I'm sure there's been a few things that have just been weird, but I can't remember. I do remember when gypsies took over Safeway carpark when I was in High School though, I didn't realise but I'd walked into the center of their caravan area and there was some poor bastard's car getting pushed and shoved by these f*ckin' gypo scum, as if they were trying to overturn it. Then they were hanging their washing up on lines between the trees and the eldest of the group was all dressed up in a suit, a scruffy suit, staggering around the carpark pished as a fart.

In that moment when I realised what I'd walked into the middle of, that was quite surreal, then scary, then I got the fudge out.

Oh yeh, and at Uni we were sat in "The Square" (at UEA, just outside the union bar) and we suddenly realised someone had hung a white sheet with a dozen or so hate words on it, with some silly protest question underneath. We sat there and immediately noticed which hate terms were mixed up and sat there critiquing this poorly made banner ... then realised how random it was for it to be there, there was no reason for it whatsoever, it was just there.

The anti-war protest in summer 2003 at uni - tents and all sorts, a few signs, a THICK STINK of weed and a bunch of drunk 'protesters' positioned conveniently close to the union bar, because apparently they were single handedly going to bring it all to a stop - the war I mean - the local news team didn't even show up...geez.

In the first year, me and Adam wrapped our heads in cling-film, popping a hole at our mouths just in time to breath again. Then went and scared one of the girls upstairs, who subsequently looked at us like we were weirdos.

Again in the first year - filmed a skit in a broken and dead tree by UEA lake called "the man in the tree project", then some students came running out making really weird noises and we ran away, lol.

While waiting to go and be seated in the audience of Trisha (when it was filmed in Norwich), there was this middle-aged chav-ish bloke who was genuinely impressed by the ****-poor layout of tea and scones, probably bought for about 8p in Kwiksave down the road.

When out filming for the documentary production course, we were covering street musicians, most had instruments and talent. One bloke just stood there in a scruffy get-up with a top hat and whistled drunkenly.

Perhaps not the most surreal of experiences, but those were some random things that popped in my head just now...there's some properly random things, ooh, like walking out of the woods past a bunch of fishermen after filming a rather gory scene for a short film I was making. My two actors were covered in fake blood, we raised many a fisherman's eyebrow that day.

Oh yeh, and eavesdropping on a domestic dispute next door whilst caned off of funky muffins, to us it was the most surreal thing ever.