PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead 2 Scavenge Mode Impressions

darth los
08-Oct-2009, 08:38 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/left4dead2/news.html?sid=6232257&tag=topslot;thumb;3&mode=previews

I like it alot. Any thoughts?

:cool:

fulci fan
23-Oct-2009, 03:51 AM
I don't get it...

Danny
23-Oct-2009, 05:17 AM
I don't get it...

basically you spawn camp the generator for easy infected achievements.

darth los
23-Oct-2009, 03:32 PM
And I'm all for easy achievements. :D

I guess there's something for everyone. I can't stand survival mode myself and that's all my son wants to play.

Danny
23-Oct-2009, 09:41 PM
And I'm all for easy achievements. :D

I guess there's something for everyone. I can't stand survival mode myself and that's all my son wants to play.

campaign with friends, vs as infected for online, and a mug of tea and some biscuits and im happy as fook.

clanglee
24-Oct-2009, 12:29 AM
I need to go ahead and get this game

CoinReturn
24-Oct-2009, 04:09 PM
If you pre-ordered the PC version through Steam, the demo is available to preload on to your hard drive and will be unlocked Tuesday @ midnight.

I need to go reserve the 360 version, I wanna get my hands on the demo ASAP!

darth los
25-Oct-2009, 03:00 AM
I had to pre order from gamestop and i am still unclear as to how we're going to recieve our access codes but I'll be ready to download it on the 27th.

CoinReturn
25-Oct-2009, 03:21 AM
Gamestop stores started getting their pre-order demo codes in today, call your local store and see if they got em in, they come on this card:

http://i35.tinypic.com/23leiwh.jpg

Danny
25-Oct-2009, 06:25 AM
Gamestop stores started getting their pre-order demo codes in today, call your local store and see if they got em in, they come on this card:

http://i35.tinypic.com/23leiwh.jpg

i was wondering what we have to do, after all they only give us a recipt with our signatures on round here.

darth los
26-Oct-2009, 03:32 PM
@ coin.

Thnx for the heads up. The Gamestop where i reserved it at is 5 blocks from my job. I think I'll go get it on my lunch hour.

CoinReturn
26-Oct-2009, 05:44 PM
Just called my Gamestop, going to pick my card up now.

I just wish we didn't have to wait until late tomorrow to enter the code. :hyper:

AcesandEights
26-Oct-2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I asked about the game yesterday at a Gamestop and was surrounded living dead-style by an acne-poxed horde of employees telling me how much I will save by pre-ordering and that the codes were just about to come in for demo.

I guess it's good to see teenagers and early twenty-somethings who actually aren't that apathetic about their retail jobs, but it banged my back-out-the-door-quietly button pretty hardcore..

darth los
26-Oct-2009, 06:15 PM
Just called my Gamestop, going to pick my card up now.

I just wish we didn't have to wait until late tomorrow to enter the code. :hyper:

Listen up guys. I just found out something very important. Do not enter your code until the specified time, which as per my card says 11p.m. on tuesday night pacific time. They said if you enter it before then you will expire the code and it will be useless. :eek:

CoinReturn
26-Oct-2009, 06:42 PM
Indeed, in blood red lettering on the back of the card it says "Use of code prior to the specified time will result in the code becoming invalid."

11pm PST is the deadline, but I think I'll wait for a while after and confirm that the codes are working. I also noticed that you get $5 off for pre-ordering, plus an exclusive baseball bat melee weapon.

All said, I'd say it's definitely a good idea to pre-order this one just for the bonuses.

Edit: Oh yeah, and make sure you get the right card, the guy handed me a PC code and I almost didn't catch it.

darth los
26-Oct-2009, 06:56 PM
Indeed, in blood red lettering on the back of the card it says "Use of code prior to the specified time will result in the code becoming invalid."

11pm PST is the deadline, but I think I'll wait for a while after and confirm that the codes are working. I also noticed that you get $5 off for pre-ordering, plus an exclusive baseball bat melee weapon.

All said, I'd say it's definitely a good idea to pre-order this one just for the bonuses.

Edit: Oh yeah, and make sure you get the right card, the guy handed me a PC code and I almost didn't catch it.

Boy, this thread is just chock full of usefull info today isn't it? :D

Again thnx for the heads up. I jumped up and feverishly to checked to see if i got the right codes and thankfully they are for my 360.

Danny
27-Oct-2009, 01:06 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/Photo60.jpg

Got mine :lol:

-word of advice, the gal behind th counter at gamestation had to go get the manager to ask what i meant, it was like i was speaking broken english, i was holding my preorder receipt at here and she asked if i meant i wanted to preorder it, i said no i already have as she could see. then she asks why im asking about another one and goes away to get the manager. a bloke form my old college film class who walks up goes "left for dead right?" naturally i reply in the affirmative, he asks "pc or 360" (isnt this on ps3 as well?) and the poor girl was watching in confused awe at the managers amazing draw opening skillz.:lol:

-anyway, they only have a small handful per store, maybe 200, which dont look like much in front of you, but even if they dont run out id ask, they might not even know they have them.

or what it is.:rolleyes:

CooperWasRight
27-Oct-2009, 03:29 PM
allthough the token say do NOT use before 11pm tonight... The demo is live... Enjoy!

Danny
27-Oct-2009, 03:32 PM
allthough the token say do NOT use before 11pm tonight... The demo is live... Enjoy!

on the XBOX, there are reports all over that the pc code is still becoming void if you use it early.

-and of course the valve forums are full of pc fans bitching about the few hours delay.

-till console players point out they got crash course for free:D

CoinReturn
27-Oct-2009, 03:35 PM
The demo is up in the UK/Europe!

I tried entering the code with my US 360 account, didn't work. Made a UK gamertag, and it's downloading now. I'm dead serious (no pun intended). 1.69 GB, 5% complete.

darth los
27-Oct-2009, 03:49 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/Photo60.jpg

Got mine :lol:

-word of advice, the gal behind th counter at gamestation had to go get the manager to ask what i meant, it was like i was speaking broken english, i was holding my preorder receipt at here and she asked if i meant i wanted to preorder it, i said no i already have as she could see. then she asks why im asking about another one and goes away to get the manager. a bloke form my old college film class who walks up goes "left for dead right?" naturally i reply in the affirmative, he asks "pc or 360" (isnt this on ps3 as well?) and the poor girl was watching in confused awe at the managers amazing draw opening skillz.:lol:

-anyway, they only have a small handful per store, maybe 200, which dont look like much in front of you, but even if they dont run out id ask, they might not even know they have them.

or what it is.:rolleyes:

I had the same dilema. They looked at me at the gamestop like i had a third eye on my forehead.

I had to pester them for weeks and they got annoyed but for christ's sake this is your job!! You should know the details of the most pupular promotion you have going right now. No?

CooperWasRight
27-Oct-2009, 04:06 PM
anyone who wants to play hit me up... gamertag: disfunktional should be back on in the next 30mins.

darth los
27-Oct-2009, 04:32 PM
anyone who wants to play hit me up... gamertag: disfunktional should be back on in the next 30mins.

I'd love to. I'm at work at the moment but may i send you a friend request tonght?

So it's confirmed? If i enter the demo code tonight it will work right? I won't inadvertently make it useless?

capncnut
27-Oct-2009, 04:34 PM
A baseball bat is a bit of a naff weapon to be giving out as a special extra. It should at least have a big nail sticking out of it or something.

slickwilly13
27-Oct-2009, 06:34 PM
The reason why people act clueless at game retailers, is the fact they are only there for a paycheck. They are not gamers and most likely do not keep up with what they are selling. You can tell who are gamers and who are not. And even if you are not a gamer, then you should still know what you are selling.

Danny
28-Oct-2009, 07:43 AM
The reason why people act clueless at game retailers, is the fact they are only there for a paycheck. They are not gamers and most likely do not keep up with what they are selling. You can tell who are gamers and who are not. And even if you are not a gamer, then you should still know what you are selling.

i could tell the manager was a nerd at least, he complemented me on a "coll shirt" and it was a blue lantern one.:lol:

darth los
28-Oct-2009, 05:07 PM
A baseball bat is a bit of a naff weapon to be giving out as a special extra. It should at least have a big nail sticking out of it or something.

:lol:

Agreed. If anything, it's the chainsaw that should have been this Uber bonus weapon.