PDA

View Full Version : if you won the lottery

09-Oct-2009, 06:00 AM
if you were to win the lottery or came into a ton of money otherwise would you really take into account a zombie outbreak when you built your new house or bought land or done anything else like that? i for one would, my house would be in the middle of a man made lake with one bridge connecting it with the land and a brick wall around the grounds. i would also invest in reloading supplies and other need to have items such as food, water, and so on. i know some would say its bad to stay hold up in one spot and that its been asked a million times "what would you do?" but a major zombie outbreak pretty much means the end of the world and i for one would rather die at home. please feel free to add any imput on what you would do with a large bank account and no zombies around yet.

Mr.G
09-Oct-2009, 01:15 PM
Sure, why not? I'd also use my wealth at getting a quality Romero video game produced, pay the actors and illustrators to finish the last episode of Dungeons & Dragons from my childhood, and buy the Minnesota Twins and make them the Yankees of the Midwest.

AcesandEights
10-Oct-2009, 02:30 AM
Yeah. I mean, were I too have a great wealth to my name I'd be sure to own some nice places and some of them would be very 'back to nature' and retreat oriented. Though nothing too crazy, mind you.

clanglee
10-Oct-2009, 03:26 AM
some of them would be very 'back to nature' and retreat oriented. Though nothing too crazy, mind you.

http://www.tofslie.com/hey/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/redneck-mansion.jpg

Zombie Snack
10-Oct-2009, 11:40 AM
Hey I think I pass this place on my way to work, but it's all mexicans living there now, they ran the rednecks off.

great pic..being from the south I can appreciate the humor in that.:lol:

krakenslayer
10-Oct-2009, 01:08 PM
http://www.tofslie.com/hey/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/redneck-mansion.jpg

Is it just me or would it actually be awesome to live there? It would be like living in Megaton (Fallout 3), only without the radiation poisoning (unless the pic was taken in Nevada) :D

octo7
10-Oct-2009, 01:39 PM
haha i totally see the Megaton similarity now that you mention it.

Suicycho
11-Oct-2009, 02:39 PM
If I won the lottery my primary residence would be a yacht.

EvilNed
11-Oct-2009, 03:47 PM
If I won the lottery I'd build a huge mansion for myself, with walls and moats and everything, as well as tons of secret labyrinths and stuff. Would I do it in case of a zombie invasion? No, I'd just be doing it to amuse myself. I'd have medieval armors on display too, and some of them programmed to make small movements when nobody's looking.

blind2d
12-Oct-2009, 02:40 AM
Fortress house? Nah, I'd just live at Kong. Oh yeh, I'm already there! - 2D
I wouldn't waste money on houses or cars if I suddenly came into a fortune, no sir! I'd build me a warehouse, and put a skatepark in there. Then I'd buy some guitars, set up a bandstand, charge admission, and have the most ragin' pad around! Oh, and I'd have a bedroom/kitchen/bath, just in case. Self-preservation be damned!

SymphonicX
12-Oct-2009, 12:25 PM
If I won the lottery - no i wouldn't build a house fortified for zombie attacks...especially one on a moat (seepage, subsidence etc etc)...

I'd probably just buy a nice mansion that would naturally have a security gate and fence around the perimetre - job done...zeds out, Trev in, bring on da hos!

See you have to factor in that a zombie outbreak is highly unlikely therefore not worth wasting money for protection from it.

Rancid Carcass
14-Oct-2009, 01:56 AM
See you have to factor in that a zombie outbreak is highly unlikely therefore not worth wasting money for protection from it.

To quote the legendary Graboid hunter, Burt Gummer: "When you need it and you don't have it, you sing a different tune..."

:p

blind2d
14-Oct-2009, 02:00 AM
To quote Oingo Boingo: "No one lives forever! Hey!"
Seriously... as Journeyman Protector Jaster Mereel (aka Boba Fett) said, "You can't love life too much, Pleader. Everyone dies."

ZombieMovies
27-Jan-2010, 03:17 AM
if you were to win the lottery or came into a ton of money otherwise would you really take into account a zombie outbreak when you built your new house or bought land or done anything else like that? i for one would, my house would be in the middle of a man made lake with one bridge connecting it with the land and a brick wall around the grounds. i would also invest in reloading supplies and other need to have items such as food, water, and so on. i know some would say its bad to stay hold up in one spot and that its been asked a million times "what would you do?" but a major zombie outbreak pretty much means the end of the world and i for one would rather die at home. please feel free to add any imput on what you would do with a large bank account and no zombies around yet.

LMAO No i wouldnt take it into account because a zombie outbreak would absolutely never happen LOL.. you are funny.. I love the movies but be real

deadpunk
27-Jan-2010, 04:12 AM
LMAO No i wouldnt take it into account because a zombie outbreak would absolutely never happen LOL.. you are funny.. I love the movies but be real

Oh I can't wait to see how this works out for him...:rolleyes::shifty::elol:

fartpants
27-Jan-2010, 12:23 PM
Oh I can't wait to see how this works out for him...:rolleyes::shifty::elol:

i cant see him lasting to long with this point of view either, has he not read any of our other threads :hyper:

krakenslayer
27-Jan-2010, 12:31 PM
I would build a large underground bunker powered by a small unlicensed nuclear generator, thirty feet underground and sealed within twenty foot thick concrete and steel walls. I would fill it with about ten years worth of tinned food, water pipes connecting directly to an underground spring, radio gear, entertainment systems, exercise equipment, etc.

Not for the zombie/nuclear/chemical holocaust, of course; but to hide in when when I've squandered all my winnings and the bank has come to evict me from my house... GOOD LUCK SUCKERS! :elol:

fartpants
27-Jan-2010, 01:20 PM
i would buy an island in the carribean , stock it up with canned goods, set up a large farm to grow food, 6 or 7 hot girls to help me stop getting bored, a water purification plant/ nuclear power station, a large well stocked armoury... that should be ok for starters... i reckon 50 million should cover it, i suppose i better start doing the lottery now then :hyper:

Skippy911sc
27-Jan-2010, 01:44 PM
I would build a lab and start experimenting to create Zombies. ;)

Trin
27-Jan-2010, 08:52 PM
If I won the lottery it would surely be the day the zombies rose and by the next day the only one who'd care about my newfound wealth is Cholo. :(

Eyebiter
27-Jan-2010, 09:02 PM
After winning the lottery, I would build a lake side cabin.

In the form of an Eagle from Space 1999.

http://chrusion.com/images/display/Eagle-2.jpg

slickwilly13
27-Jan-2010, 10:35 PM
i would buy an island in the carribean , stock it up with canned goods, set up a large farm to grow food, 6 or 7 hot girls to help me stop getting bored, a water purification plant/ nuclear power station, a large well stocked armoury... that should be ok for starters... i reckon 50 million should cover it, i suppose i better start doing the lottery now then :hyper:

Make sure you have hurricane survivial training and supplies for that kind of emergency. Just saying.

I would do this anyways in case society collapsed. A specially built house or bombshelter with a stockpile of weapons *some illegal* and survivial gear & supplies to last a very long time. This would also include farming equipment and supplies. I would like this to be out in a rural and secluded place. I would avoid heavily populated areas, because of raiders and dumbasses like Khardis.

Mike70
27-Jan-2010, 11:49 PM

that may be the best lottery winnings idea i've ever heard.

i would seriously consider building a replica of the ape village in the original planet of the apes.

JDFP
28-Jan-2010, 01:58 AM
If I won the lottery...

I'd pay off my car. Pay off all my other debts. Then I would buy a new building for a bar and have my favorite bartender M. come run and manage the place. I'd build a nice sound-proof apartment above the bar, and pretty much spend my days inside the bar drinking, listening to David Allen Coe, and buying drinks for folks I liked that came by to visit. When I'm ready to pass out in the evening, I'd just have to go upstairs to sleep in my apartment.

If the zombie apoc happened, I'd probably be too drunk or out of it to really notice... although saddened that no one would still be coming by my bar to drink and enjoy company with them.

j.p.

zombieparanoia
28-Jan-2010, 07:27 AM
Something I never really see people doing for zombie resistant homesteading is converting large barge type boats. I think they'd be great as they have enough surface area that you could set up a garden area engineered to ahve proper soil depth, drainage and water reclamation and ahve chickens and small animals and area to live. If you had a fortified warehouse with a dock it could be your plan B even.

MaximusIncredulous
30-Jan-2010, 05:01 AM

Now that is nice. If I win I may just steal your idea :D

Wyldwraith
30-Jan-2010, 04:50 PM
Hmm,
If I came into an obscene amount of money...first I'd take care of my unaddressed health concerns and those of my family that are uninsured like me, then paying off their debts (immediately family and few closest friends).

Then....
Well, I believe *something* apocalyptic is bound to happen in the next few decades, so I would definitely invest in an extremely well-supplied, tempest-hardened, ridiculously reinforced structure of a rather roomy and subterranean nature *below my cool mansion*.

It's the one really cool idea Umbrella ever had. Put your badass underground complex under a luxurious mansion. Given the privilege afforded the rich you'd have it made until the end of civilization began, and by then you'd be in a great position to hold your ground with the help of the highly proficient ex-military-turned private security/bodyguards who you have been seemingly generous enough to put on lavish retainers and give their families generous expense accounts, *on the condition they move in to one wing of your mansion*.

Generosity? Hah. When the crap hits the fan I want to tie these highly proficient combatants down into defending my position by having the safety of their own families depend on their success in doing so. Of course I'd be ultra-paranoid in the security measures used to lock away the long-term supplies, as a deterrent to prevent them from simply eliminating me and seizing whats mine for themselves. Voiceprint identification, next-gen retinal scans sensitive enough to discriminate between blood vessels in the white of the eye that are still pumping blood and those that are not. (Don't want an enterprisingly amoral ex-employee pulling a Simon Phoenix on me)

Not so much worried about a zombie apocalypse. More the regular kind. Super-Flu Pandemic/widespread bio-terrorism, middling-sized asteroid impact, the Yellowstone Super-Volcano popping the cap of its caldera. You name it, I'd like to be ready for it. The advent of the undead walking would be covered by my defensive preparations, but certainly wouldn't be a primary focus.

No, that would be establishing my own private techie paradise defensibly self-sufficient enclave.