PDA

View Full Version : Zombie special tonight

sandrock74
13-Oct-2009, 02:58 PM
I saw a commercial this morning. They specifically mentioned Night and showed a clip of Romero talking about it. It could be interesting, I thought I'd let you all know, in case you were unaware of it.

It's on Starz at 10 pm (EST).

bassman
13-Oct-2009, 03:09 PM
Awesome. Nice looking out.:)

It's also gonna have Savini and Max Brooks. Here's a link to the Starz Page: http://www.starz.com/titles/starzinsidezombiemania

Synopsis: The evolution of the movie zombie - from early films to its present role as a pop culture icon. Why does something so dead have so much life in our nightmares and at the box office? A Starz Originals production.

Also note that in the related section there is another doc about make up effects called Fantastic Flesh . Airing Dec 9. These Starz Inside docs are generally pretty good, too. I remember thoroughly enjoying the one on Pixar.

jded
13-Oct-2009, 04:17 PM
It's on Starz at 10 pm (EST).

Yeah I see it. If it's the one your talking about? I see one on STZw and STZe under Starz Inside titled "Zombiemania" (2009) Exploring the popularity of zombie films.
For me here in Idaho it airs at 8 pm and again at 10:45 pm on STZe and 11 pm on STZw.

Dammit! That's part of Directv's pay channels. I don't get them. Maybe someone could find a way to upload them here at the forums. Peace!

DjfunkmasterG
14-Oct-2009, 09:50 AM
Recorded it on my DVR last night, watched some of it before I went to bed. Mostly a re-hash of everything we have seen Romero and company talk about in past extras and special features from other DVD's.

Some of the newer stuff from Max Brooks and other guests was quite interesting, however, they did put footage in the special from Day of the Dead 2: Craptagium

bassman
14-Oct-2009, 11:44 AM
I thought it was pretty cool. A bunch of stuff I already knew, but also some cool tidbits from Max Brooks and co. Mostly a love letter to Romero.

Overall I quite enjoyed it and will probably watch again. Worth a watch for any fan.

Craptagium.:barf:

And everyone on the show talked shit about running zombies. :lol:

sandrock74
14-Oct-2009, 02:29 PM

That was great! I was laughing about that. It seems to be a universally panned "upgrade" to the zombie genre.

DubiousComforts
14-Oct-2009, 06:09 PM
That was great! I was laughing about that. It seems to be a universally panned "upgrade" to the zombie genre.
It doesn't make any sense. Even if you dislike "fast moving" zombies, once you make a documentary on the genre, you can't pretend that it hasn't had an impact. Nobody is interested in interviewing Zack Snyder or Zombieland's director about this stuff?

bassman
14-Oct-2009, 06:14 PM
It doesn't make any sense. Even if you dislike "fast moving" zombies, once you make a documentary on the genre, you can't pretend that it hasn't had an impact. Nobody is interested in interviewing Zack Snyder or Zombieland's director about this stuff?

It just happened that the people being interviewed didn't like running zombies. The only one that didn't answer was Boyd because he was in both Dawn04 and Land.

But the documentary didn't pretend like running zombies haven't made an impact. There was plenty of discussion about Dawn04, Return, 28 Days(although NOT a zombie film), and even Contagium. Snyder wasn't interviewed, but I would imagine they approached him for it. And the doc was made before Zombieland....so that couldn't have been in it.

DubiousComforts
14-Oct-2009, 06:22 PM
But the documentary didn't pretend like running zombies haven't made an impact. There was plenty of discussion about Dawn04, Return, 28 Days(although NOT a zombie film), and even Contagium.
Ah, gotcha.

DjfunkmasterG
14-Oct-2009, 10:06 PM
I thought it was pretty cool. A bunch of stuff I already knew, but also some cool tidbits from Max Brooks and co. Mostly a love letter to Romero.

Overall I quite enjoyed it and will probably watch again. Worth a watch for any fan.

Craptagium.:barf:

Funny thing is the CHICK from Rue Morgue had no room to talk shit as she was a zombie in the DAWN remake. How can you be in the remake, know they had running zombies and then go talk shit about it. Kind of hypocritical

bassman
14-Oct-2009, 10:17 PM
Savini is guilty too. And his scene from Dawn04 was shown on the documentary. I also got the impression that the butcher didn't like the runners but didn't want to insult Snyder.

You could be a part of something and not agree with it. You above all people should know this, dj. You were in Land....but do you like it?:p

axlish
15-Oct-2009, 12:23 AM
I just came across this on OnDemand. I'm warming up my DVD Recorder now :)

DubiousComforts
15-Oct-2009, 04:03 PM
I also got the impression that the butcher didn't like the runners
Now there's a sentence you don't see everyday.

You could be a part of something and not agree with it. You above all people should know this, dj. You were in Land....but do you like it?:p
Ha, a great example of being careful what you wish for. Thousands of fans pining to be a zombie extra in a Romero film--any of them ever stop to think "what if the movie sucks?"

darth los
16-Oct-2009, 02:36 AM
Ha, a great example of being careful what you wish for. Thousands of fans pining to be a zombie extra in a Romero film--any of them ever stop to think "what if the movie sucks?"

They blame it on a howling on a holwing zombie, naturally.

:cool: