PDA

View Full Version : Book - "The Strain"

Neil
13-Oct-2009, 09:05 PM
Anyone else read it? I was generally impressed by it. A couple of weak patches in it, but generally pretty good...

Can DEFINATELY see this as a mini series on TV!

Danny
13-Oct-2009, 09:31 PM
the Guilliermo del toro one? i just read it last week, very riveting read, though to be honest it takes a lot form dracula at the start, which could make people put the book down, but power through that and youve got great mini series potential.

Neil
14-Oct-2009, 06:34 PM
Did it ever explain...

How he killed/fed from all the hundred+ people on the plane without disturbing any of them? ie: It's as if he was so quick he fed on all of them in a split second... But that would make him soooo fast he would be impossible to keep up with/kill

Danny
14-Oct-2009, 08:28 PM
not really, it was all just ripping off the ship with the dead crew from dracula, i mean they never explained all the planes systems shutting down either, it was a cool idea to get into a story mixing 24 and blade, but the first part is essentially expositional bollock thats never explained.

zombie04
15-Oct-2009, 02:45 AM
I enjoyed the book very much, although I really can't wait for the next two to come out in 2010 and 2011. It was really a nice change of pace for me since I was working my way through the Dark Tower series by King. It was good to read some orginality again though.