PDA

View Full Version : More gubment crap..

Tricky
13-Oct-2009, 11:06 PM
As some of you who read my posts know I've been going through the process of joining the British army as a TA soldier, (our version of the national guard to you americans) anyway I was supposed to be going away for my selection this weekend, ive got myself all built up, fit & ready for it, been attending weekly training nights a lot this year & got all the paperwork done, now the government has decided to suspend all TA training from now until further notice to save a few pennies! :mad:
This at a time when the TA are needed more than they ever have been, they used to be a bit of a joke in peacetime & called "weekend warriors" but now a lot of them do as many combat deployments as the regulars & are trained to a similar standard. Last week the government was posturing saying they would listen to the generals in Afghan & give them everything they need to do the job, to which the generals replied "more boots on the ground", then a week later they effectively stand their entire reserve force down. Smart move Gordon :rolleyes:

Tricky
14-Oct-2009, 09:20 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8300530.stm

So Labour mothball almost their entire reserve force to save a paltry £20 million which is nothing compared to the horrifying sums of money they spunk on the EU & propping dodgy banks & building societies up, shit, even the national lottery gives more than that away on a 2 week rollover! Loads of lads in the TA feel seriously shit on & have said they will likely not come back after the 6 months or however long it is going to be, which is going to leave the army short of trained men & put extra strain on the regulars who are already under a lot of pressure in Afghan. Is our country seriously that bankrupt that we have to make pathetic cuts like this on defence??