PDA

View Full Version : biggest stars to ever walk away

acealive1
14-Oct-2009, 08:29 PM
http://www.spinner.com/2009/09/17/rocks-biggest-quitters-20-musicians-who-walked-away-from-fame/

Tricky
14-Oct-2009, 08:57 PM
As for the last one (Noel Gallagher from Oasis) Im happy to say I saw them at their second to last gig at Bridlington spa, which is what a lot of other fans who were there said was the best they had been to!
Heres some vids I took on my phone there :)

Ot52VRFz0P8
6FsQy0ulAtM
VKyzNgWNoeI

Was a cracking night that!

capncnut
14-Oct-2009, 09:04 PM
Thank fuck Oasis finished. I'd slit my wrists if I had to put up with another year of those lairy talentless cunts.

No offence, mate. :);)

Tricky
14-Oct-2009, 09:09 PM
Thank fuck Oasis finished. I'd slit my wrists if I had to put up with another year of those lairy talentless cunts.

No offence, mate. :);)

ha ha dont worry ive never been a die hard fan, ive always just casually enjoyed the music (reminds me of teenage summers in the 90's etc), that was the first time i'd ever seen them live but as they were playing at my local venue which has just started attracting big names i thought it would be rude not to & I did enjoy it!
Prodigy are playing there in a couple of months which I cant wait for, then Airbourne in manchester & leeds in feb, am i redeemed? :p

EvilNed
14-Oct-2009, 09:12 PM
Tricky, just wanted to say, your Vietnam-vet-dog.gif thingy is amongst the funniest stuff I've EVER seen.

capncnut
14-Oct-2009, 09:14 PM
ha ha dont worry ive never been a die hard fan, ive always just casually enjoyed the music (reminds me of teenage summers in the 90's etc), that was the first time i'd ever seen them live but as they were playing at my local venue which has just started attracting big names i thought it would be rude not to & I did enjoy it!
Prodigy are playing there in a couple of months which I cant wait for, then Airbourne in manchester & leeds in feb, am i redeemed? :p
Like Noel is okay. I don't mind him 'cos he seems fairly intelligent but really ain't all that on the guitar. To see his name up in the ranks of Dee Dee Ramone and Ace Frehley is a dry slap.

As for the Prods, saw 'em last year and their set is fucking hardcore right now. Bring yer Red Bull money. ;)

Tricky
14-Oct-2009, 09:33 PM
As for the Prods, saw 'em last year and their set is fucking hardcore right now. Bring yer Red Bull money. ;)

:lol: Dont worry I've been a seasoned raver for a long time, il be down the front for the whole thing knocking some shapes out & getting my stomp on!

@ ned - that gif cracks me up every single time I watch it :lol:

capncnut
14-Oct-2009, 09:55 PM
:lol: Dont worry I've been a seasoned raver for a long time, il be down the front for the whole thing knocking some shapes out & getting my stomp on!
They mainly rocked tunes from Invaders Must Die but are still cranking out the oldies; Their Law, Smack My Bitch Up, Voodoo People, Out Of Space, etc.

octo7
14-Oct-2009, 10:09 PM
Like Noel is okay. I don't mind him 'cos he seems fairly intelligent but really ain't all that on the guitar. To see his name up in the ranks of Dee Dee Ramone and Ace Frehley is a dry slap.

dude i am a huge ramones fan but deedee was a fairly primitive guitarist. good timing but that's all the ramones sound is really about, not flashy skills. don't get me wrong, i think noel sucks at guitar and the ramones are an infinitely better band than Oasis and most others, a lot more influential too.

capncnut
14-Oct-2009, 10:20 PM
dude i am a huge ramones fan but deedee was a fairly primitive guitarist.
Bassist, dear chap. ;)

blind2d
15-Oct-2009, 12:00 AM
Someone say bassist? - Murdoc
Yeah, DeeDee.... still sad to think of him and Joey being dead, even after such number of years... still, great band. Possibly one of the best mentioned on that list, there. Not that it really informed me about anything important... cool though, that people still care about music.