PDA

View Full Version : the play's not dead kids...

Mike70
15-Oct-2009, 10:43 PM
funny little vid about the end of a football game. down 1 point, one school attempts a FG to win the game. it is blocked and the opposing team runs off the field in triumph but there's one problem - the play isn't dead and it's a live ball. the ball has to cross the line of scrimmage and it clearly doesn't nor does the opposing team make any attempt to kill the ball.

:lol:

oS1vkS_bv-c

AcesandEights
15-Oct-2009, 11:03 PM
Looks like some extra laps around the field were probably done at a certain team's next practice :lol:

MinionZombie
16-Oct-2009, 10:08 AM
Is it me, or is there a hell of a lot of players on each team when they all shake hands at the end? Yeah there's some other people who aren't players, but there's a hell of a lot of numbered jerseys there.

What's up with that? (Me knowing squat about American Football).

I once saw a snippet of a Superbowl once, and some dude ran like 15 yards - in amongst relentless breaks and clock stoppages (god that pissed me off - just get on with it!) - and then had to stagger to the side lines and have an oxygen mask shoved over his face ... ... what the fuck?! :confused::eek::confused: You're supposed to be an athlete!

That's all my experience of the sport, aside from whatever you see on sitcoms...:D

MikePizzoff
16-Oct-2009, 12:24 PM
Is it me, or is there a hell of a lot of players on each team when they all shake hands at the end? Yeah there's some other people who aren't players, but there's a hell of a lot of numbered jerseys there.

What's up with that? (Me knowing squat about American Football).

I once saw a snippet of a Superbowl once, and some dude ran like 15 yards - in amongst relentless breaks and clock stoppages (god that pissed me off - just get on with it!) - and then had to stagger to the side lines and have an oxygen mask shoved over his face ... ... what the fuck?! :confused::eek::confused: You're supposed to be an athlete!

So many players are on the team because they have players that do strictly offense and players that do strictly defense.

I know what you mean about being pissed off by the supposed "athletes". I've always loathed football. Not only because they have to do so much extensive planning every 3 seconds, but also because many of its players are virtually talentless, out-of-shape, hacks. However, I can easily see why so many people are into the sport... it's just not for me, though.

Mike70
16-Oct-2009, 12:57 PM
So many players are on the team because they have players that do strictly offense and players that do strictly defense.

I know what you mean about being pissed off by the supposed "athletes". I've always loathed football. Not only because they have to do so much extensive planning every 3 seconds, but also because many of its players are virtually talentless, out-of-shape, hacks. However, I can easily see why so many people are into the sport... it's just not for me, though.

i like to knock football because i have a lot of friends that are die hard football fans and i've always been more into baseball, basketball and soccer.

i'm kind of weird about sports. i tend to enjoy the sport for itself and i'm not much of favorite team kind of guy (except for the reds and england, of course). i've always been more interested in individual players, esp. pitchers, than following teams. don't get me wrong, there are teams i dig and want to see do well but i'm not personally wrapped up in it.

while there are lots of football players in top shape, i can see what you mean. a lot of what goes on around the line of scrimmage is merely fat dudes pushing each other around. if i wanted to see that all the time, i 'd start watching sumo wrestling.