PDA

View Full Version : this is either the greatest water slide stunt ever..

Mike70
17-Oct-2009, 01:18 AM
or one of the most clever fakes i've ever seen. fake or not, it's damn entertaining. stunts like this are possible with a great deal of planning and people have done even crazier things (look up robbie madison on youtube) and made it.

OV9mo_TuG9g

Danny
17-Oct-2009, 01:22 AM
looks real to me, ive seen people do stupider stuff honestly so its not so far fetched.

when youve seen 200 grown men run down an almost sheer hill for a wheel of cheese bored people in the country cannot surprise you anymore.

SymphonicX
17-Oct-2009, 07:38 AM
Sorry guys, it's fake - its a viral ad inspired by a couple of guys who spent their summer doing something similar and posting on youtube - albeit on a much smaller scale...(saw this on Rudetube which is like a compilation countdown show with all this stuff in there)

Besides the velocity and range that this person achieves is impossible!

DubiousComforts
17-Oct-2009, 09:04 AM
Besides the velocity and range that this person achieves is impossible!
How did they pull it off? Seems certain you would break both legs by landing feet first in a kiddie pool at that speed.

SymphonicX
17-Oct-2009, 09:14 AM
camera trickery mate....probably a bit of masking and clever track mattes on After Effects...

DubiousComforts
17-Oct-2009, 12:31 PM
camera trickery mate....probably a bit of masking and clever track mattes on After Effects...
All the AE matting in the world doesn't explain how they filmed the guy in midair. Is he on some type of aerial rig? Looks like he cannonballs near the end.

The guys tossing two measly buckets of water on what appears to be several hundred feet of track is pretty funny.

SymphonicX
17-Oct-2009, 12:41 PM
its probably a doll past the point of launch or something....gimmie the elements and I'm sure i could knock something up...

DubiousComforts
17-Oct-2009, 12:49 PM
I just read elsewhere that it's a stuntman on the slide, the body in midair is animation and the guy that splashes into the pool is the Austrian engineer. No verification if that is 100% correct though.

MikePizzoff
17-Oct-2009, 06:25 PM
Obviously fake. A pool that small wouldn't just splash if someone landed in it from that angle/velocity; the whole thing would have slid right off the pallet it was sitting on... perhaps it would've even completely collapsed.

DjfunkmasterG
18-Oct-2009, 09:00 PM
I actually read about this on CNN, the guys admit it was fake and all the trickery was done using MS products from the Office suite.

Neil
19-Oct-2009, 12:42 PM
looks real to me, ive seen people do stupider stuff honestly so its not so far fetched.

when youve seen 200 grown men run down an almost sheer hill for a wheel of cheese bored people in the country cannot surprise you anymore.

That's the problem now... The genie is out of the bottle and now anything you see, cannot be believed. ie: Visual effects have reached the stage that you cannot trust any photo or video...

Skippy911sc
19-Oct-2009, 02:15 PM
I remember seeing it on CNN and thinking...THIS IS FAKE!!!

I had one of those pools and the slightest bit of movement from the kids would wobble that thing all over...this guy flew that far and the pool did not move at all...FAKE.

Mike70
19-Oct-2009, 02:24 PM
That's the problem now... The genie is out of the bottle and now anything you see, cannot be believed. ie: Visual effects have reached the stage that you cannot trust any photo or video...

also, incredible real stunts like the one i'm gonna link can blur the line.

i'd rather french kiss a cobra than do this:

MLejkyXbJlc