PDA

View Full Version : Dear George: Please retire with dignity.

Mikey
17-Oct-2009, 01:51 PM
After reading Sirjacktorrence's review, I can't help but think you've spent too long behind the camera, falling behind current trends and film. LAND was OK, but Diary was horrible, and now that torrence has put a fork in you, it is time to quit making zombie movies.

We had good times in the past, but let's not leave with a sour taste in our mouth. End the pain, now George. No more bad movies.

capncnut
17-Oct-2009, 01:53 PM
Romero has to retire because Torrance posted a bad review? Oh puhlease...

krakenslayer
17-Oct-2009, 02:15 PM
Oh, bugger off, will you? There's enough of this shit on the IMDB forums, we don't need it on here too.

Dissapointment is not "pain", Mikey. Getting cancer, being paralysed in an accident, being raped, seeing a family member die... those are painful experiences; being disappointed by a movie is not.

Like I've said before, new George Romero films are one of those things that makes the passage of year-onto-year an interesting one, and even a bad Romero film is better than none, IMO. Heck, a bad Romero film is better than most of the shit that comes to cinemas these days anyway. I throughly enjoyed the last couple of pictures he made, even if they weren't on a par with his original series.

I fail to see how this belief that "George will never make a great film again" leads on to a wish for him to never make any more movies, period. I mean, if he keeps making movies, then there's always a chance (however small you might think that is) that he will make a great one, wheras if he stops then that chance is reduced to zero.

For me, his movies are always entertaining, even the less-than-classics. And more than that - half the fun comes from the sense of hope that the next film could be THE ONE... coming on here, talking about it, speculating and arguing about it. If he retires, we lose all that. Game over - Homepage of the Dead becomes a redundant graveyard with a handful of people arguing about the same issues from the same movies for all eternity, with no hope of anything new to stir things up. That, right there, is why - in my mind - posts like this are not productive.

Mike70
17-Oct-2009, 02:30 PM
Oh, bugger off, will you? There's enough of this shit on the IMDB forums, we don't need it on here too.

word. this is feckin' ridiculous actually. romero is under absolutely no mandate as an artist to please "fans" or cater to their whims. the important thing, which hardly anyone seems to realize, is that as long as romero is happy with the work he's doing, he shouldn't even care whether or not people on internet forums think he's "lost" it.

Ghost Of War
17-Oct-2009, 03:27 PM

Dissapointment is not "pain", Mikey. Getting cancer, being paralysed in an accident, being raped, seeing a family member die... those are painful experiences; being disappointed by a movie is not.

Like I've said before, new George Romero films are one of those things that makes the passage of year-onto-year an interesting one, and even a bad Romero film is better than none, IMO. Heck, a bad Romero film is better than most of the shit that comes to cinemas these days anyway. I throughly enjoyed the last couple of pictures he made, even if they weren't on a par with his original series.

I fail to see how this belief that "George will never make a great film again" leads on to a wish for him to never make any more movies, period. I mean, if he keeps making movies, then there's always a chance (however small you might think that is) that he will make a great one, wheras if he stops then that chance is reduced to zero.

For me, his movies are always entertaining, even the less-than-classics. And more than that - half the fun comes from the sense of hope that the next film could be THE ONE... coming on here, talking about it, speculating and arguing about it. If he retires, we lose all that. Game over - Homepage of the Dead becomes a redundant graveyard with a handful of people arguing about the same issues from the same movies for all eternity, with no hope of anything new to stir things up. That, right there, is why - in my mind - posts like this are not productive.

Big red words is what I believe. It's great that everyone who's seen this movie is sharing their opinions about it, but for fucks sake.

bassman
17-Oct-2009, 03:32 PM
That's it Romero! A single fan has disagreed with your new film, so it's time to pack it up. You're no longer needed or wanted.:rolleyes:

SymphonicX
17-Oct-2009, 04:09 PM
LOL dude did you really expect that post to be well recieved? Ill thought out, belligerant and silly.

octo7
17-Oct-2009, 04:21 PM
I never get these people who take it so personally when they don't like a product and start posting 'open letters' to directors and musicians they will never meet.

SymphonicX
17-Oct-2009, 07:22 PM
^^ yup. What also gets me is that people feel it's more relevant to their lives to demand someone end their career rather than they just don't bother with that person, and move onto other interests.

What also gets me is that its plainly obvious from the interview that Lee Karr did with George that he really doesn't need to hear shit like this. I'm all for constructive criticism and I'm definitely an anti-fan boy but this sort of beliggerant attack is most likely to be read by George at some juncture or other and this could jeopardise his confidence in both his fans and the genre.

As I say, if you don't like it - express that in a way that doesn't involve childish put downs and attacks on people's credibility.

krakenslayer
17-Oct-2009, 07:39 PM
What also gets me is that its plainly obvious from the interview that Lee Karr did with George that he really doesn't need to hear shit like this. I'm all for constructive criticism and I'm definitely an anti-fan boy but this sort of beliggerant attack is most likely to be read by George at some juncture or other and this could jeopardise his confidence in both his fans and the genre.

Bingo. What say we all let this thread sink to the bottom of the list, o reduce the chances of that happening?

jded
18-Oct-2009, 02:34 AM
Finito!
Unless we give him the satisfaction. Let's not waste energy here but send it elsewhere to hail the king of the dead.
"Hey Mikey! He likes it!"

Danny
18-Oct-2009, 04:14 AM
I never get these people who take it so personally when they don't like a product and start posting 'open letters' to directors and musicians they will never meet.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/1scruffy.jpg

Second.

kortick
18-Oct-2009, 05:40 AM
Yes
George you must quit immeditately.

We know your only making movies to cause
pain to others.

You sick and dirty bastard.

Never mind there have ALWAYS been people
who didn't like your films right as far back as Night.
Hell there are people who don't even like zombie
movies at all. Even more reason to quit.

You should have stopped back in 1969.
In fact, you should have never made Night.
Who do you think you are, anyways?

Step aside and let true horror masters like
Uwe Boll take thier rightful place.

MoonSylver
18-Oct-2009, 05:47 AM

word. this is feckin' ridiculous actually. romero is under absolutely no mandate as an artist to please "fans" or cater to their whims. the important thing, which hardly anyone seems to realize, is that as long as romero is happy with the work he's doing, he shouldn't even care whether or not people on internet forums think he's "lost" it.

Gentlemen, well said. I've been bracing myself for awhile now...

http://positivesharing.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/complaining.jpg

blind2d
19-Oct-2009, 12:19 AM
I hate to say it, everyone, but this thread is...
TOTALLY TOGEPI!!!!
Psych! Ahh... y'know... like, Romero movies are like fine wine... everyone's a critic.

kortick
19-Oct-2009, 01:41 AM
Wow.

You are the master of the obvious.

Yes, it is some peoples critical opinion they like
Romeros work and want him to continue and
some do not like his work and want him to stop.

Now that we know you understand the discussion

what is your opinion as a critic?
should he stop or continue making films?

mista_mo
19-Oct-2009, 09:16 AM
Romero! Stop making films that you and I enjoy! I can't take this nonsense anymore. Whom in their right minds would want to go see a well made and somewhat intelligent zombie film? NO ONE, that's who! You should just stop making the movies that you wanna make, and instead direct that Romantic comedy starring Dennis Quaid and Megan Fox. It'll make you money, don't you see? Are you blind? Are you God damned dumb? Stop making decent movies and go make some jerk off wank fest turd bucket movies! Goddamn, talking to you is like talking to a porous obstacle of some kind.

Bad, Naughty old man doing what he enjoys and wanting creative control over his projects.

krakenslayer
19-Oct-2009, 10:06 AM
Romero! Stop making films that you and I enjoy! I can't take this nonsense anymore. Whom in their right minds would want to go see a well made and somewhat intelligent zombie film? NO ONE, that's who! You should just stop making the movies that you wanna make, and instead direct that Romantic comedy starring Dennis Quaid and Megan Fox. It'll make you money, don't you see? Are you blind? Are you God damned dumb? Stop making decent movies and go make some jerk off wank fest turd bucket movies! Goddamn, talking to you is like talking to a porous obstacle of some kind.

Bad, Naughty old man doing what he enjoys and wanting creative control over his projects.

This post is made of win. :D

(except for the part about Dennis Quaid - man was a hero of my childhood :p)

Trin
19-Oct-2009, 04:05 PM
This kind of thread is in poor taste, granted, but the underlying message is one that Romero had best pay some heed. Artist or not - the man is selling stuff. And if the consumers are consistently dissatisfied then pretty soon he won't be selling stuff.

I don't believe that he should hang it up. I'd like to believe Romero has one more great one in him. And I'll be there for all of them, and be here to discuss/analyze/praise/criticize... I love that stuff just as much as anyone, whether the movie was good or bad.

But I took my friends to Land and ended up with egg on my face. I took them to Diary and that was even worse. Should I take them to Survival? Right now I'm telling them, "Hey I'm going to this. You can come if you want." That's not how I want to promote my favorite movie series of all time, you know?

darth los
19-Oct-2009, 04:49 PM
This kind of thread is in poor taste, granted, but the underlying message is one that Romero had best pay some heed. Artist or not - the man is selling stuff. And if the consumers are consistently dissatisfied then pretty soon he won't be selling stuff.

I don't believe that he should hang it up. I'd like to believe Romero has one more great one in him. And I'll be there for all of them, and be here to discuss/analyze/praise/criticize... I love that stuff just as much as anyone, whether the movie was good or bad.

But I took my friends to Land and ended up with egg on my face. I took them to Diary and that was even worse. Should I take them to Survival? Right now I'm telling them, "Hey I'm going to this. You can come if you want." That's not how I want to promote my favorite movie series of all time, you know?

Very good points sir and you hit it right on the head and said basically what I wanted to.

So just let me add this. We should make a sticky thread titled:

"Dear noobs", stop coming to our site, A GAr fan site and saying ridiculous shit about him and his films."

Does that work for you trin? :lol:

:cool:

blind2d
20-Oct-2009, 02:58 AM
Ouch, kor....
Anyways.... yes, as long as he's willing/able/alive, I would like zombie films from Romero. I mean, he's pretty much the only guy who does 'em right, for pete sakes! I always think it's funny when people express their opinions.... and they take themselves seriously... but what do I know?

DubiousComforts
20-Oct-2009, 04:19 AM
Should I take them to Survival?
No, you should get different friends.

Trin
20-Oct-2009, 02:10 PM
No, you should get different friends.
I notice you didn't say "better" friends.

@darth - I think a thread that basically says, "If you don't have anything good to say then at least make coherent points with good grammar," would be nice.

darth los
20-Oct-2009, 04:04 PM
@darth - I think a thread that basically says, "If you don't have anything good to say then at least make coherent points with good grammar," would be nice.

:lol::lol::lol:

As usual you guys put it so much more eloquently than i would but yeah, that works for me.

It's just that recently there's been alot of that stuff going on. And by stuff i mean people joining up it seems for the purpose to come on here and Bash GAr. I could see if they were making intelectually honest arguments but most of what we get is an " His films suck now he should either go away or die" attitude. No way was i gonna stay shut about that.

Not to make any enemies because as you who know me well know, that's not what i do here but sometimes you just have to call bullshit when you see it. I felt this was one of those times.

Trin
20-Oct-2009, 07:36 PM
...but sometimes you just have to call bullshit when you see it. I felt this was one of those times.
No doubt.

It's difficult when negativity is expressed belligerently or thoughtlessly. Arguments, good or bad, lose all credibility when punctuated with blind lashing personal attacks.

It's ever more difficult when you see a post that has some grains of truth to it, but is so badly expressed that agreeing with it is suicide.

Many a time I've wanted to write, "You know, that a-hole douchebag is drunkenly stumbling around what might be a valid point."

kortick
20-Oct-2009, 07:47 PM
Blind
dont take what i said as being mean
to you, that wasnt my intention.
you know i have no problems with u.

And i did like that response 'get different friends"
but the counter point of 'better' made me think,
which i really try to go thru life without doing.

so after consulting my magic 8 ball i have concluded
that Dub is right, get 'different' ones and time will
tell if they are better. the 8 ball says 'rely on it'.

clanglee
20-Oct-2009, 08:04 PM
Let us also keep in mind that this post was based off a review by someone that LOVED Diary. I mean SirJAck loves Diary in a way that should be reserved for the love between a man and the first girl who ever touched that man's penis.

I just have to take any review from someone who so loved a movie that I was apathetic (at best) towards with a salt lick.

Sooooo. . .going off on Romero for the movie, based on someone else's view of the movie. A movie that you havn't even seen yet. :rolleyes:

sirjacktorrance
20-Oct-2009, 09:13 PM
Let us also keep in mind that this post was based off a review by someone that LOVED Diary. I mean SirJAck loves Diary in a way that should be reserved for the love between a man and the first girl who ever touched that man's penis.

I just have to take any review from someone who so loved a movie that I was apathetic (at best) towards with a salt lick.

Sooooo. . .going off on Romero for the movie, based on someone else's view of the movie. A movie that you havn't even seen yet. :rolleyes:

i loved diary because i think it has some of the old romero put in a new spin and i love all romero dead movies except for this.survival has more gore but it doesnīt feel like a romero movie, it feel like a looney tunes parody of a romero movie.if you donīt belive the opinion of a open minded romero fan is you choice.i can stand lots of things in a romero movie.but this new movie has gone too far.

octo7
20-Oct-2009, 09:14 PM
srjack no two romero movies are the same, maybe you will like it more as time goes by as i did with diary

clanglee
20-Oct-2009, 09:17 PM
i loved diary because i think it has some of the old romero put in a new spin and i love all romero dead movies except for this.survival has more gore but it doesnīt feel like a romero movie, it feel like a looney tunes parody of a romero movie.if you donīt belive the opinion of a open minded romero fan is you choice.i can stand lots of things in a romero movie.but this new movie has gone too far.

All I'm saying Jack is that you liked Diary, and I didn't. Therefore it's possible thqat I may like this new movie that you didn't like.

Trin
20-Oct-2009, 09:20 PM
Another possibility is that he hated Survival so you'll really, really, really hate it.

I'm always looking for that silver lining.

SRP76
20-Oct-2009, 09:48 PM
Didn't Romero already "stop", for all practical purposes? Two (2) zombie movies in 24 years isn't exactly a hurricane of activity. He puts out a dead flick about as often as a goldfish goes for a walk. So he's certainly not hurting anyone.

clanglee
20-Oct-2009, 10:18 PM
Another possibility is that he hated Survival so you'll really, really, really hate it.

I'm always looking for that silver lining.

A distinct possibility. One that I am hoping is not the case.

darth los
21-Oct-2009, 04:50 PM
Didn't Romero already "stop", for all practical purposes? Two (2) zombie movies in 24 years isn't exactly a hurricane of activity. He puts out a dead flick about as often as a goldfish goes for a walk. So he's certainly not hurting anyone.

He's definitely slowed his projects in the last decade. One wonders if he'll do something other than a zombie flick before it's all said and done. Hopefully something along the lines of creepshow, that seemed to work out very well for him and filmaking style. He has a chance to do horror an quirkiness with a project like that. Something that no one expects. He's good at that sort of thing.

sirjacktorrance
21-Oct-2009, 08:58 PM
All I'm saying Jack is that you liked Diary, and I didn't. Therefore it's possible thqat I may like this new movie that you didn't like.

thatīs a possibility,but i think there are more chances that youīll dislike survival more that you dislike diary...because itīs more flawed, less entertainig,less romero-like picture than diary was.

clanglee
21-Oct-2009, 09:12 PM
thatīs a possibility,but i think there are more chances that youīll dislike survival more that you dislike diary...because itīs more flawed, less entertainig,less romero-like picture than diary was.

I didn't see Diary as very Romero. I found it to be the least Romero of all his zombie movies actually. So. . I hope you are wrong. . but we shall see of course.

BillyRay
21-Oct-2009, 09:26 PM
He's definitely slowed his projects in the last decade. One wonders if he'll do something other than a zombie flick before it's all said and done. Hopefully something along the lines of creepshow, that seemed to work out very well for him and filmaking style. He has a chance to do horror an quirkiness with a project like that. Something that no one expects. He's good at that sort of thing.

Frankly, I'd like to see him try something outside the horror genre. His primary strength as a storyteller has been creating belivable characters. Very real, human, fallible people. Look at the assorted threads about his characters from the Living Dead trilogy - people still talk about the subtleties.

It's been almost 40 years since "There's Always Vanilla", it might be time for him to give a straightforward drama another chance.

capncnut
21-Oct-2009, 09:30 PM
Rather presumptuous, Mr Torrance, but actually I don't mind a turd as long as it's got a little something going for it.

Mike70
21-Oct-2009, 09:38 PM
dear posters:

quit insisting that romero hang it all up because he dares not to bend to your whims and suck your cinematic cocks. i mean, how dare this man with 40 years of exp. in the film industry follow his own vision or do what he enjoys doing. if you don't it like fine. at least make some constructive fucking criticisms though, beyond "oh, this sucks. he should quit because i think he's lost it."

regardless of what your mothers told you, the world doesn't not revolve around you and your shitty ideas on film.

twistbud
22-Oct-2009, 12:24 AM
Frankly, I'd like to see him try something outside the horror genre. His primary strength as a storyteller has been creating belivable characters. Very real, human, fallible people. Look at the assorted threads about his characters from the Living Dead trilogy - people still talk about the subtleties.

It's been almost 40 years since "There's Always Vanilla", it might be time for him to give a straightforward drama another chance.

I'd like to see a war film from Romero. WW2 or Nam.

blind2d
22-Oct-2009, 12:32 AM
Like Full Metal Jacket? That would be cool... interesting idea there.
I remember this one time when I was ten or something, I stole a salt lick from a pet store and licked it because I liked the taste. Am I a freak or what?

SymphonicX
22-Oct-2009, 06:59 AM
dear posters:

quit insisting that romero hang it all up because he dares not to bend to your whims and suck your cinematic cocks. i mean, how dare this man with 40 years of exp. in the film industry follow his own vision or do what he enjoys doing. if you don't it like fine. at least make some constructive fucking criticisms though, beyond "oh, this sucks. he should quit because i think he's lost it."

regardless of what your mothers told you, the world doesn't not revolve around you and your shitty ideas on film.

Poetry!! :D

MoonSylver
22-Oct-2009, 07:16 AM
dear posters:

Better be careful...you'll damage the fragile egos of all our Precious Little Snowflakes out there, which in turn leads to posts full of hysterical, psychotic ramblings laced with conspiracy theories &/or persecution complexes.;)

SymphonicX
22-Oct-2009, 07:41 AM
You're saying it's not George Bush's fault? You right wing nutjob!!!! :D:D:D

MoonSylver
22-Oct-2009, 07:50 AM
You're saying it's not George Bush's fault? You right wing nutjob!!!! :D:D:D\\

http://www.monumentality.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/kanye.jpg

"George Bush doesn't care about George Romero!"

clanglee
22-Oct-2009, 08:12 AM
\\

http://www.monumentality.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/kanye.jpg

"George Bush doesn't care about George Romero!"

Bwaaaaa Haaa Haaaa!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Mike70
22-Oct-2009, 01:01 PM

Better be careful...you'll damage the fragile egos of all our Precious Little Snowflakes out there, which in turn leads to posts full of hysterical, psychotic ramblings laced with conspiracy theories &/or persecution complexes.;)

:lol:

precious little snowflakes? i love it.

hey, i fought the close battle back in the days of grimstories and dcburney, i think i can handle any nutters that might be on board now.:lol:

Trin
22-Oct-2009, 03:45 PM
No one is going to have to call for Romero to retire if Survival is that much worse than Diary as sirjack says.

And speaking for the pretty little snowflakes (as I am VERY pretty) I will staunchly defend my right to gripe about anything, art or otherwise, paid for or free, deserved or undeserved. When you all get old you'll understand. :)

darth los
22-Oct-2009, 03:50 PM
No one is going to have to call for Romero to retire if Survival is that much worse than Diary as sirjack says.

And that's the bottom line.

However, that logic doesn't apply to everyone.

I present to the court UWE BOLL !! Nuff said.

How the hell that man keeps getting work I'll never know.

The prosecution rests.

Trin
22-Oct-2009, 05:10 PM
And that's the bottom line.

However, that logic doesn't apply to everyone.

The prosecution rests.

:cool:I cannot speak for Uwe Boll, but I'll say this. The people who consistently get work are the ones who make their boss happy by giving the boss what the boss asks for.

SymphonicX
22-Oct-2009, 05:14 PM
I bet his breath stinks of semen...

Danny
22-Oct-2009, 05:15 PM

The prosecution rests.

OBJECTION!

Nazi gold.

MoonSylver
23-Oct-2009, 12:41 AM
And speaking for the pretty little snowflakes (as I am VERY pretty) I will staunchly defend my right to gripe about anything, art or otherwise, paid for or free, deserved or undeserved.

Who ever said that YOU were one of THEM?;) WE all know who THEY are...:lol:

hysterical, psychotic ramblings laced with conspiracy theories &/or persecution complexes

See?:p

When you all get old you'll understand. :)

In my case, too late.:D

krakenslayer
24-Oct-2009, 08:18 PM
Would it breach the rules if I was to post a competing thread titled Dear George: Never Retire? it's just that we now have a four page thread titled with a plea for Romero to retire... I'd feel bad if he or someone associated with the film were to see that...

Man, i'm drunk...

Trin
24-Oct-2009, 10:44 PM
Would it breach the rules if I was to post a competing thread titled Dear George: Never Retire? it's just that we now have a four page thread titled with a plea for Romero to retire... I'd feel bad if he or someone associated with the film were to see that...

Man, i'm drunk...

Not if they read the thread. I mean, half of what's in here is either constructive criticism, defending the right to criticize, or pure love for Romero and ire for the original posting.

So breach away... errr... post away. I think a Never Retire thread would be classy.

DevilDog
15-Dec-2009, 06:03 AM
I agree George. Give it up.

Land was horrible. Diary was unbelievably awful. I won't even bother with Survival.

You're done. Time to move on.

Zombie Diaries and Outpost are two great examples of awesome movies with a fraction of the money Romero comes up with.

Was great while it lasted, try not to ruin it any more than these last 3 have already done.

Danny
15-Dec-2009, 06:05 AM
cool story bro.

DjfunkmasterG
17-Dec-2009, 12:35 PM
And we all wonder why we don't get more traffic to the site.

granted the Op's post was ill thought out, but damn everyone raced in here and jumped on him like a giant gang bang.

If we want new members we have to be open about their opinions, even if we don't like what they have to say... Although I am guilty of calling people morons for some dumbshit time to time, but I think we need to step back and count to 20 and think before we leap.

bassman
17-Dec-2009, 12:38 PM
I think we're a pretty open-minded group actually. But when you get people writing an open letter to Romero telling him to quit.....that's a bit much...

deadpunk
17-Dec-2009, 02:19 PM
And we all wonder why we don't get more traffic to the site.

granted the Op's post was ill thought out, but damn everyone raced in here and jumped on him like a giant gang bang.

If we want new members we have to be open about their opinions, even if we don't like what they have to say... Although I am guilty of calling people morons for some dumbshit time to time, but I think we need to step back and count to 20 and think before we leap.

This should be a valid point, however...

In rereading the original post, there are a few things I feel need pointing out:

After reading Sirjacktorrence's review, I can't help but think you've spent too long behind the camera, falling behind current trends and film. LAND was OK, but Diary was horrible, and now that torrence has put a fork in you, it is time to quit making zombie movies.

We had good times in the past, but let's not leave with a sour taste in our mouth. End the pain, now George. No more bad movies.

Number one: Mikey has around 100 posts, the majority of which are anti-GAR. His post history. (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/search.php?searchid=149758)

Number two: He wrote an open letter demanding Romero retire due to the review of a movie by an internet poster on a Romero fansite for a movie he hasn't viewed himself? :rockbrow:

Number three: The review writer (SirJackTorrance) is a huge fan of Diary, while the vast majority of Mikey's posts are in anti-Diary threads, where he openly bashes the film. Again, his post history. (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/search.php?searchid=149758) Which leads me to wonder why he would take the word of someone who loved a movie he hated? :rockbrow:

Number four: the original post really has nothing to offer in the way of intelligent criticisms or thought. It is actually fairly inflammatory in nature, if you get down to brass tacks.

I'm all for new members that want to offer constructive critiques and intelligent conversation. I loved the original three Living Dead films, have come to accept Land, and outright hate Diary, so I'm okay with posters that aren't fanboy worshippers of Romero. Yet, this is a Romero Tribute site, so posting an open letter demanding the man retire is pretty much looking for problems. Also, if the majority of your posts are anti-GAR...maybe this just isn't the site for you...:rolleyes:

Mike70
17-Dec-2009, 02:32 PM
Number one: Mikey has around 100 posts, the majority of which are anti-GAR. His post history. (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/search.php?searchid=149758)

Number two: He wrote an open letter demanding Romero retire due to the review of a movie by an internet poster on a Romero fansite for a movie he hasn't viewed himself? :rockbrow:

Number three: The review writer (SirJackTorrance) is a huge fan of Diary, while the vast majority of Mikey's posts are in anti-Diary threads, where he openly bashes the film. Again, his post history. (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/search.php?searchid=149758) Which leads me to wonder why he would take the word of someone who loved a movie he hated? :rockbrow:

Number four: the original post really has nothing to offer in the way of intelligent criticisms or thought. It is actually fairly inflammatory in nature, if you get down to brass tacks.

watson, all four of these points lead me to the inescapable conclusion that mikey is, in all probability, zack snyder.

deadpunk
17-Dec-2009, 03:53 PM
http://www.screamfestla.com/images/2004/zackSnyder.jpg

Hey...anybody know how to make a decent zombie flick?!

AcesandEights
17-Dec-2009, 04:35 PM
watson, all four of these points lead me to the inescapable conclusion that mikey is, in all probability, zack snyder.

Release the houuuuuunds!

(And put the final nail in the coffin for this thread. :))

darth los
17-Dec-2009, 04:37 PM
^^^ @ DP

If a Zombie flick you made is better than 90% of what's out there I'd call that decent wouldn't you?

Mike70
17-Dec-2009, 04:49 PM
^^^ @ DP

If a Zombie flick you made is better than 90% of what's out there I'd call that decent wouldn't you?

aw shit, here we go. the board is gonna step in a big pile of zack snyder.

SymphonicX
17-Dec-2009, 05:09 PM
I'm drawing a line.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There, that fuckin showed ya.

deadpunk
17-Dec-2009, 05:48 PM
^^^ @ DP

As always, decent is a matter of opinion. ;)

darth los
17-Dec-2009, 05:57 PM

I can't argue with a universal truth now can i? :shifty:

I agree. I happen to think Land sucks goat balls and have only watched it maybe 3 times all the way through, yet there a those here who love it and more power to em'.

bassman
17-Dec-2009, 06:23 PM

"No it isn't"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/85/Argument_Clinic.png/300px-Argument_Clinic.png

DjfunkmasterG
17-Dec-2009, 07:31 PM
http://www.screamfestla.com/images/2004/zackSnyder.jpg

Hey...anybody know how to make a decent zombie flick?!

Ok, even this made me bust out laughing at work. :lol:

Trin
17-Dec-2009, 08:05 PM
^^^ @ DP

:cool:That doesn't necessarily follow, no. If there are 100 zombies movies out there and 3 of them are great, 3 of them are decent, and the rest all suck completely... then your effort beating 90 of them out might still leave you in the suck completely category.

In zombie movies as with many other aspects of life, don't let the lack of strong competition lower the bar you set for yourself.

darth los
17-Dec-2009, 08:11 PM
That doesn't necessarily follow, no. If there are 100 zombies movies out there and 3 of them are great, 3 of them are decent, and the rest all suck completely... then your effort beating 90 of them out might still leave you in the suck completely category.

In zombie movies as with many other aspects of life, don't let the lack of strong competition lower the bar you set for yourself.

But then again my friend everything in life is relative.

Yeah, bob cousy was great. He's a champion and a hall of famer. However, relative to today's competition he can't hold the jockstrap of today's gaurds.

Question: so what would we call the 90% if not completely sucky?

And by the way GAr now has a couple that fall in that catagory as well. ;)

MoonSylver
17-Dec-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm all for new members that want to offer constructive critiques and intelligent conversation.

This, this, a thousand times this. The wheat separate themselves from the chafe around here pretty quickly by their own words & actions IMO. Plus the fact there are a number of members around who don't suffer fools lightly, nor should they.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

http://www.screamfestla.com/images/2004/zackSnyder.jpgHey...anybody know how to make a decent zombie flick?!

AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

"No it isn't"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/85/Argument_Clinic.png/300px-Argument_Clinic.png

Yesssss!!!!!;)

mista_mo
18-Dec-2009, 01:36 PM
the fact there are a number of members around who don't suffer fools lightly, nor should they.

The fact that I am still here proves your theory wrong. I rest my case on little evidence but I will say this....

George...you better stop making movies...How often are we too be subjected to your brand of unique social commentary/horror films? Your latest just confirms my fears - you are putting out the same decent films with a rather large social-political subtext, and that is WRONG OLD MAN! WRONG! What's wrong? not dumb enough to write and direct the next big Dane Cook Romantic Comedy? I am sick of this semi constant stream of decent movies that actually require thought, it is disgusting, and is part of the reason why American culture is turning into straight a big heepy nutty brown pile of horse shit.

rongravy
18-Dec-2009, 06:52 PM
pretty big balls from a noob, asking THE MAN to give up the goat.
i liked diary, and i'd tell that guy to get BENT for uttering such nonsense.
wtf?!?!?

MoonSylver
18-Dec-2009, 10:22 PM
The fact that I am still here proves your theory wrong. I rest my case on little evidence but I will say this....

You're a our lovable court jester. There's a difference.;)