PDA

View Full Version : its mindfrigg question time!

Danny
20-Oct-2009, 06:45 AM
Okay, so the 4chan cnadlejack thing got me thinking, theres a episode of pokemon thats banned because like 80% of people have a seizure watching it. ive never seen it, but ive been damn tempted but never had the guts for fear of being found on the floor shaking and having soiled myself :lol: but they struck me with a ring type scenario.

If you were told by everyone you knew that typing a word youve never heard of...lets say "Tangentially"would kill you if you did, would you type it?
or is that superstitious part of the human mind so strong that some lame excuse like "that combination of letters on a page causes your mind to have a stroke when it breaks it down" so strong you would never type that word ever?

obviously its impossible with something so obvious, just going off the candlejack angle. but what if say i started a webpage with an embedded video that said "this video is known to cause instant death" how many hits do you think it would get?, probably loads right?, but how many people would have the guts to watch what would most likely turn out to be a rickroll?

Im betting you make it obscure enough and it will fuck with people bad. like if you were locked in a room and told the location of the key in the room was told in a video that, during viewing, would cause a terrible seizure, would you watch it?

I dunno, ive heard way too much saw talk lately i guess, but food for thought and rhetorical ideas no doubt:D

Mike70
20-Oct-2009, 01:14 PM
i reject superstition and superstitious causes completely. there is no way typing a word or watching a video can kill you. i'd do both and wouldn't give either action a second thought.

AcesandEights
20-Oct-2009, 01:52 PM
but what if say i started a webpage with an embedded video that said "this video is known to cause instant death" how many hits do you think it would get?, probably loads right?, but how many people would have the guts to watch what would most likely turn out to be a rickroll?

This is just like that urban legend I heard about how logging on to 4chan turns people into douches.

That one, I believe. So be careful, Hells--you know not what you traffic with ;)

And for the record, yes, I feel a page like that would get a ton of hits.

Skippy911sc
20-Oct-2009, 02:09 PM
This sounds like a good screen play...a mix between the ring and that diane lane pic with the wesite that kills people when enough people log in...oh damn I can't remember the name of it...I kow one of you will though...

Now go make a million dollars...oh and a bad film. ;)

Mike70
20-Oct-2009, 02:20 PM
that diane lane pic with the wesite that kills people when enough people log in

untraceable? i think that was the name of that flick.

capncnut
20-Oct-2009, 02:51 PM
theres a episode of pokemon thats banned because like 80% of people have a seizure watching it. ive never seen it, but ive been damn tempted but never had the guts for fear of being found on the floor shaking and having soiled myself :lol:
Well only 600 people had seizures watching 'Dennō Senshi Porygon' and most of those had conditions like epilepsy. As I don't suffer from anything like that, I have been able to watch clips of that particular episode without incident.

Here's (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Denno.ogg) a clip, quite colourful and nice. However you would have to be a complete idiot to click on this if you are epileptic.

blind2d
21-Oct-2009, 02:18 AM
Mike! You got it! Kudos! Anyway, anyone know what skatepark they show in that film for like five seconds? It looks like Burnside or Washington St., but it's supposed to be in Washington state, so...
yeah, I watched the entire Porygon once. Not that great of an episode (pun?), so yeah... could've been made better, for sure.
The Ring.
Seven Days.
What did the fingers symbolize?
American embellishment.
Anyhow, yeah, I wouldn't watch the video, but I would type the word three times in a row, turn in circles chanting it while closing my eyes at night and cry "fhtagn!"
Nothing would happen.

Danny
21-Oct-2009, 02:20 AM
Mike! You got it! Kudos! Anyway, anyone know what skatepark they show in that film for like five seconds? It looks like Burnside or Washington St., but it's supposed to be in Washington state, so...
yeah, I watched the entire Porygon once. Not that great of an episode (pun?), so yeah... could've been made better, for sure.
The Ring.
Seven Days.
What did the fingers symbolize?
American embellishment.
Anyhow, yeah, I wouldn't watch the video, but I would type the word three times in a row, turn in circles chanting it while closing my eyes at night and cry "fhtagn!"
Nothing would happen.

so would you smash seven mirrors under a ladder on friday the 13th as a black cat walked past?