PDA

View Full Version : got my hands on a piece of history...

Mike70
20-Oct-2009, 08:22 PM
i've wanted one of these forever and now i have one.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/mikemor70/Photo113.jpg?t=1256069674

that is a british enfield rifle. epic score and one of the coolest things anyone has ever given me. i'm tempted to write the MODs in canada and the UK to see if i can find out where this thing was used and who it was issued to. that'd be cool as fook to know. date of manufacture for this one: 1943.

sorry the pic is dark, i'll try and take a better one later.

darth los
20-Oct-2009, 08:44 PM
That's awesome!! And you say it was given to you !?!

Lucky bastard. If you ever get some info. on it's origins I'd love to know.

:cool:

Mike70
20-Oct-2009, 08:46 PM
That's awesome!! And you say it was given to you !?!

Lucky bastard. If you ever get some info. on it's origins I'd love to know.

:cool:

yeah, my dad gave it to me. i've been wanting that rifle since i was a kid and now it's all mine.

kortick
20-Oct-2009, 09:35 PM
as you take it in and they run ballistic tests on
it and find it has been used in a string of prostitute
murders dating way back to the late 70s.

Now its your turn, lock and load and go hooker hunting.

Make dad proud, and one day u can pass it on to
your son.

Danny
20-Oct-2009, 09:45 PM
as you take it in and they run ballistic tests on
it and find it has been used in a string of prostitute
murders dating way back to the late 70s.

Now its your turn, lock and load and go hooker hunting.

Make dad proud, and one day u can pass it on to
your son.

mike found out that day why his family had to leave london and why "the ripper" wasnt really there surnames:lol:

Mike70
20-Oct-2009, 09:52 PM
mike found out that day why his family had to leave london and why "the ripper" wasnt really there surnames:lol:

oh, you crazy kids never cease to make me laugh.

octo7
20-Oct-2009, 10:20 PM
bolt action?

SymphonicX
21-Oct-2009, 09:21 AM
scary stuff....!

Tricky
21-Oct-2009, 09:38 AM
If you ever come over to the UK you should check out the royal armouries, all kinds of interesting historical weapons in there including the enfield & a whole load of medieval stuff you probably dont see many examples of on that side of the pond! :)

Eyebiter
30-Oct-2009, 08:59 PM
Looks like a British No.4 Enfield
http://www.surplusrifle.com/no4/index.asp

I'd recommend using only new production factory ammunition. Most of the .303 surplus has corrosive primers. It's a pain to clean the bore properly for newbies. If not done correctly your bore will severely rust.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting/corrosive/index.asp

Wooley
30-Oct-2009, 10:05 PM
Very nice rifle. The bolt action is one of the fastest made, and with practice, you can fire 30+ aimed shots a minute, I've read. Check out "Mad Minute" on Youtube, and recall that British soldiers went into WW1 being able to do that. Riflemen stopped the German advance at Mons with that skill.

I've been thinking of getting one of the Indian made ones chambered for 7.62mm that they made while transitioning from the Enfield to the FN FAL since .303 isn't as common as I'd like.

strayrider
31-Oct-2009, 08:03 AM
The smoothest (unmodified) bolt-action rifle known to man!

Yes, I'm green with envy.

:D

-stray-

mista_mo
31-Oct-2009, 10:08 AM
Guns are evil Mike, give it to me so you can be rid of that filth. I've always wanted to be "bad".

Seriously though, that is a nice gun, and I've always wanted one myself- mainly for collecting purposes, as I am a wussy that hardly has any experience with real guns.

Exatreides
31-Oct-2009, 02:21 PM
Very Nice! I have a Mosin Nagant M44 and have been interested in picking up more weapons from that era.