PDA

View Full Version : Guns N' Roses sued for $1,000,000

capncnut
25-Oct-2009, 07:21 PM
Guns N' Roses are being sued by a German songwriter, Ulrich Schnauss, for sampling two of his songs without permission on a track called Riad N' The Bedouins. He is seeking $1,000,000.

A spokesperson for GNR has said the band fully intend to challenge Schnauss head on in court. Bad idea methinks, the samples sound almost identical to me.

Click (http://www.thatsongsoundslike.com/2009/10/07/guns-n-roses-vs-ulrich-schnauss/) to hear them for yourself.

Danny
25-Oct-2009, 07:44 PM
eh, g'n'r broke up years ago, the axel rose experience can sit alone with all his shitty songnotes and acid burn face.:p

MikePizzoff
26-Oct-2009, 12:07 AM
the samples sound almost identical to me.

Almost? :rockbrow: They're completely 100% identical. This dude will win the case, no problem.

If you're unsure about them being identical, you can play both clips at the same time and hear that it's the same clip used in GnR's song.

kortick
26-Oct-2009, 08:04 AM
well they are similar that is no doubt.

the first one however is just a preset sound
on a keyboard, u set the keyboard to access
that from the memory bank and hold the key
down and that noise is made.

The second one isnt so simple, its much closer
to a rip off of a musical composition.

Putting both of them together shows more
than a coincidence.

its one of 2 things:

either Axl cant make good music without
Slash, Izzy, Duff and Matt or
This man needs to be sued by Axl for daring
to claim he is a mere mortal and not a god
with bad corn rolls.

Ah...remember when GnR was a band that kicked ass?

MinionZombie
26-Oct-2009, 10:29 AM
Oh yeah, I totally hear those samples in those GnR songs. Pwn3d, methinks...

The samples are mixed in with other shit, but the samples in question - to me at least - sound identical to this German dude's stuff.

axlish
26-Oct-2009, 01:25 PM
The samples are identical. Very sad considering the fleet of sythesizers at Axl's disposal, and how easy it would be to re-create something of that nature that would be just different enough to not get sued. I realize that Axl was trying to make a point by using the samples, but the sad thing is, three people actually got it, and one of them was the original artist. This is just another reason why you shouldn't add stupid, prolongued cinematic intros to your rock songs, especially if you aren't in a band called Aldo Nova. That said, I doubt this German fellow will see one million considering that the song isn't a single. I could see him receiving a fraction of a percent of the profits.