PDA

View Full Version : GoldenEye remake coming to the Wii in 2010?

darth los
27-Oct-2009, 04:26 PM
Now this is something to get excited about. :lol:

I'm not to big a fan of the wii but this game was awesome in it's day and nintendo's track record on remakes is stellar, so i expect god thing from it.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6238101.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;2

:cool:

SRP76
27-Oct-2009, 04:33 PM
Don't see the point. Especially coming from a company that did not do the original game.

First, there's nothing that needs to be added, except perhaps voice talent (had to read everything in the original). But if they can't get the movie actors (Brosnan isn't even Bond anymore), what's the use in that?

Rottedfreak
27-Oct-2009, 05:03 PM
If it uses the Wii pointer WIN!

bassman
27-Oct-2009, 05:07 PM
:eek:

Finally something to make me not regret buying a Wii?!?!?

I would kill for this game. Really. MURDER.

Danny
27-Oct-2009, 05:09 PM
i cannot stand goldeneye, never seen the big deal, same with perfect dark.

that is all, lynch me if you must.

i also prefer the 6th and 8th final fantasy's to the 7th.

DUN-DUN-DUUUUUN!!

bassman
27-Oct-2009, 05:17 PM

that is all, lynch me if you must.

BLASPHEMER!
http://www.janetomlinson.com/journal/files/jane_montypythonbrianstoning.jpg

Goldeneye occupied about....ohhhh....3 years of my life.:lol: I used to stay up countless nights having tournaments with friends and relatives. Actually, that was probably the last game I played until the Xbox was released.:shifty:

Danny
27-Oct-2009, 05:21 PM
BLASPHEMER!
http://www.janetomlinson.com/journal/files/jane_montypythonbrianstoning.jpg

Goldeneye occupied about....ohhhh....3 years of my life.:lol: I used to stay up countless nights having tournaments with friends and relatives. Actually, that was probably the last game I played until the Xbox was released.:shifty:

WUT.

why man?!?, it was just bland texture corridors and guys with triangles for hands and hexagons for heads! what about other vidja jamez of the time!?!?

bassman
27-Oct-2009, 05:23 PM
WUT.

why man?!?, it was just bland texture corridors and guys with triangles for hands and hexagons for heads! what about other vidja jamez of the time!?!?

I dunno. There was a period of time when I just kinda stopped playing video games. And the graphics werent what made the game great, imo. The maps, the weapons, just the competition of it all was great. Easily one of the best multiplayer games of all time.The campaign was great as well.

capncnut
27-Oct-2009, 08:26 PM

i also prefer the 6th and 8th final fantasy's to the 7th.
I never got into Goldeneye or Perfect Dark either, found both of them generic.

And yeah, Final Fantasy VIII all the way!

bassman
10-Nov-2010, 01:56 PM
I believe this was released a week or so ago. Anybody given it a shot?

A nice little comparison video...
0WRELBa1yX8?fs=1&hl=en_US

axlish
10-Nov-2010, 11:34 PM
Somehow this is news to me, but I am very excited to see this. I will pick this up ASAP and report back. Online multiplayer? SOLD! Now all I am waiting for is an updated version of Tecmo Bowl with adjustable player attributes, and a remake of Twisted Metal 2.

CoinReturn
10-Nov-2010, 11:38 PM
Now all I am waiting for is an updated version of Tecmo Bowl with adjustable player attributes

Not sure if it has adjustable rosters, but Tecmo Bowl hit XBLA earlier this summer with some nice graphical enhancements, but they left the gameplay in tact.

As far as Goldeneye, I was surprised to see such high review scores. If I had a Wii, I'd definitely check it out and take a trip down memory lane. I'm curious as to what they've changed.

axlish
11-Nov-2010, 01:58 AM
I don't have an xbox unfortunately, but they did release a generic version that didn't look to hot for the DS a couple of years back. I'd be satisfied with identical graphics, with adjustable attributes alone. Commentators would be awesome lol

darth los
11-Nov-2010, 03:44 AM
Somehow this is news to me, but I am very excited to see this. I will pick this up ASAP and report back. Online multiplayer? SOLD! Now all I am waiting for is an updated version of Tecmo Bowl with adjustable player attributes, and a remake of Twisted Metal 2.

Not sure if it has adjustable rosters, but Tecmo Bowl hit XBLA earlier this summer with some nice graphical enhancements, but they left the gameplay in tact.

As far as Goldeneye, I was surprised to see such high review scores. If I had a Wii, I'd definitely check it out and take a trip down memory lane. I'm curious as to what they've changed.

tecmo bowl:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Trial-Game-Tecmo-Bowl-Throwback/00000000-0000-4000-8000-000058410a60?cid=majornelson

:cool: